Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Thoughts on the Vital mtb gear club

Related:
Create New Tag

3/5/2021 7:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2021 12:12 AM

I saw it come up on Instagram the other day, it seems like a half decent idea but for the price of the subscription do you think its worth it? To me it seems like your paying more for bike related nick nacks. Has anyone joined/is a current member? What do you think about it?

|

3/5/2021 9:35 AM

short answer: yes, the value is worth it (in respects to the retail value of the items)

i'm not a recurring member, but i have purchased a few boxes (they sell excess in the store). one i got a digital shock pump which by itself is worth at least as much as the box itself, and there were several other items along with it.

|

3/5/2021 6:56 PM

I would absolutely say yes.

The value always seems to greatly exceed the price. After 4 or 5 boxes, I normally get 3-5 items I will definitely use (e.g. pint glass, clothes, tools, etc...) and a few items that I will explore (normally food items). Once in a while there is an item that won’t get used, which is very rare.

|

3/5/2021 7:11 PM

So I’d say there’s two variables.

One is can you use bike tools. The stuff they send is quality. If I get a double of something i own one goes in the car kit.

The other is will you pay for merch. This stuff I have less a use for but it’s super discounted and quality.

Basically what you get is worth what you spend. But if you got a closet full of clothes you don’t wear and a full toolbox it might not be worth the little tidbits of snack bars and energy gels they throw in as samples.

|

3/6/2021 7:15 AM

I've been on and off, but back on for the last few. I've always found value in it and enjoyed the wait every second month for it to show up. It keeps my sock, t-shirt and sweater game fresh and I don't have to go shopping. The surprise stuff like the vital fanny pack last year was also a nice one as it's a unique piece that not everyone has. I so find I end up with stuff I need but wouldn't buy myself or think of. Sure you get a few similar products or repeats, but you can always trade that extra multi tool for a few trail head beers.

|

3/6/2021 7:37 AM

I think it’s also worth emphasizing that the box is delivered every other month. If it was every month, that would get ridiculously expensive and may not be worth it.

There is definitely a lot of thought out into the boxes which is appreciated.

|

3/6/2021 7:38 AM

And don’t get me started on the Rick Roll they pulled last year...I can’t tell if I’m still laughing or pissed that they got me.

|

3/8/2021 2:05 PM

^There was a Rick Roll? OK, now I'm interested.

|

3/8/2021 7:57 PM

Falcon wrote:

^There was a Rick Roll? OK, now I'm interested.

Yup... here’s the article they posted about the “smart wrench.” To be clear, I knew it didn’t feature Bluetooth technology, but I still wanted to know what the QR code was for and the rest is self-explanatory....

https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/A-Wrench-That-Interfaces-With-Your-Smartphone-The-Future-Is-Now,2885

|