Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Taking YT to the Better Business Bureau?

Create New Tag

10/27/2020 2:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/27/2020 3:26 PM

So I bought a new YT Tues and it cracked within a few days of having it right on the lower shock mount. I emailed YT and they said no problem we will get you the new part as soon as possible, It has now been six months without my brand new bike and about 10 emails asking when I will get my part. I will say they are being very responsive but after six months of not having my brand new bike and they still don't have an ETA on my part!?!? so what do I do, continue to be patient or take it up with the BBB? or any other suggestions?

* I really hate to be that guy but Im not sure what else to do!?

|

10/27/2020 3:07 PM

man, that stinks and that's a long time. how far is their flagship store from you in socal? i think their shop is in san clemente. have you gone there, straight to them? i doubt it'd help, but who knows?

|

10/27/2020 3:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/27/2020 3:37 PM

sspomer wrote:

man, that stinks and that's a long time. how far is their flagship store from you in socal? i think their shop is in san clemente. have you gone there, straight to them? i doubt it'd help, but who knows?

I haven't gone straight to them as its about a two hour drive and with all the covid restrictions they are super hard to get into right now! But If thats what its gonna take I might have to!

Has anyone else gone through something like this with YT or another bike brand and how did you get it resolved?


|

10/27/2020 4:03 PM

That's 2020 for you. There is no supply.

|

10/27/2020 4:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/27/2020 4:10 PM

epic wrote:

That's 2020 for you. There is no supply.

That's what I thought but after asking around and checking forums, I found this is a common occurrence with YT and has been for a few years. I just wish I knew that before I bought one! Its pretty messed up they really don't seem to care to much for they're customers. At this point I don't see myself ever buying a YT again and I will do my best to make sure everybody I know never buys one because I would hate for this to happen to them. It really sucks!

|

10/27/2020 4:35 PM

Better Business Bureau is not a regulatory firm; BBB takes complaints and lodges a score only applicable to those utilizing the website for references. Also, for this to be effective in regard, the Business being documented must have made a choice to opt-in to BBB format for accreditation.
So, 'Young Talent' having an A+ Rating on BBB and your then entering a complaint to have resolved only works under these prerequisites. Otherwise, Better Business- is not able to be of any assistance.
Contact your Bank or Credit Issuer since the bike was bought under warranty and, the warranty is not being honored. It will be portioned off to YT in Germany or wherever, but is the best way to recoup losses.

Honestly though, this seems like something which will have fairly rigid evidence on behalf of the manufacturer due to supply and demand restructuring this year, but - a stated warranty period is what will get the attention of a third-party.

|

We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

10/27/2020 5:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/27/2020 5:35 PM

rockchomper wrote:

So I bought a new YT Tues and it cracked within a few days of having it right on the lower shock mount. I emailed YT and they said no problem we will get you the new part as soon as possible, It has now been six months without my brand new bike and about 10 emails asking when I will get my part. I will say they are being very responsive but after six months of not having my brand new bike and they still don't have an ETA on my part!?!? so what do I do, continue to be patient or take it up with the BBB? or any other suggestions?

* I really hate to be that guy but Im not sure what else to do!?

6 months is a short time, theres YT customers out here ion AUS waiting 10 months........ yet many other new customers riding around on new bikes within this time, bikes have been stock at the new distro here, yet previous customers cant get replacements..... its fkn shite

|

10/27/2020 5:54 PM

Sesame Seed wrote:

Better Business Bureau is not a regulatory firm; BBB takes complaints and lodges a score only applicable to those utilizing the website for references. Also, for this to be effective in regard, the Business being documented must have made a choice to opt-in to BBB format for accreditation.
So, 'Young Talent' having an A+ Rating on BBB and your then entering a complaint to have resolved only works under these prerequisites. Otherwise, Better Business- is not able to be of any assistance.
Contact your Bank or Credit Issuer since the bike was bought under warranty and, the warranty is not being honored. It will be portioned off to YT in Germany or wherever, but is the best way to recoup losses.

Honestly though, this seems like something which will have fairly rigid evidence on behalf of the manufacturer due to supply and demand restructuring this year, but - a stated warranty period is what will get the attention of a third-party.

Those are very good points ! I may have to see what my bank says about it!

|

10/27/2020 5:56 PM

Aushred wrote:

6 months is a short time, theres YT customers out here ion AUS waiting 10 months........ yet many other new customers riding around on new bikes within this time, bikes have been stock at the new distro here, yet previous customers cant get replacements..... its fkn shite

Man that sucks! I can’t believe YT is getting away with this it’s pretty messed up that people have to wait this long! They’re Not the best company in my eyes!

|

10/27/2020 6:21 PM

Should've gotten a Lahar!

|

10/27/2020 7:37 PM

If you’re in Cali and they operate in Cali file a consumer complaint with the attorney general in your state. They have forms on their website for this.

|

10/27/2020 7:54 PM

jfkusa wrote:

If you’re in Cali and they operate in Cali file a consumer complaint with the attorney general in your state. They have forms on their website for this.

Nice I didn’t think of that either! That is definitely gonna be a last resort if they don’t play ball! But I will use it if I have to! Thanks!

|

10/28/2020 3:36 AM

give them a call, hopefully speaking to someone on the phone should resolve it faster ??

|

i, too, enjoy eating dirt

10/28/2020 8:19 AM

spoon_ wrote:

give them a call, hopefully speaking to someone on the phone should resolve it faster ??

They don't really answer phone calls for the warranty department, and when I finally did get ahold of them it was the same story. The employees seem to want to help but it doesn't look like YT hq is providing them with what they need to resolve warranty issues.

|

10/28/2020 3:56 PM

Not sure how things work in the US, but you could always lodge a dispute with your credit card company if you paid for it that way...

|

10/28/2020 8:36 PM

Call your credit card and dispute the charge. That will get YTs attention.

|

11/5/2020 7:35 PM

rockchomper wrote:

So I bought a new YT Tues and it cracked within a few days of having it right on the lower shock mount. I emailed YT and they said no problem we will get you the new part as soon as possible, It has now been six months without my brand new bike and about 10 emails asking when I will get my part. I will say they are being very responsive but after six months of not having my brand new bike and they still don't have an ETA on my part!?!? so what do I do, continue to be patient or take it up with the BBB? or any other suggestions?

* I really hate to be that guy but Im not sure what else to do!?

When you say "lower shock mount", are talking about the swingarm, right? The way you say "part" makes me think it's little part but I don't think that's the case is it? A picture would be great.

I'm considering a TY so this is... hmmm... making me think about it.

|

11/5/2020 7:48 PM

I would avoid YT, prices are right but the customer service is non-existent. One of those lessons a lot of people have learnt the hard way.

|

11/6/2020 12:47 AM

You’re in for a treat bru! It took them 11 months to replace my (at the time only 2 week old) 2019 cf pro race frame after the paint started flaking off on its own. This was pre-COVID so no excuses really other than poor customer care. After countless emails (most of them unanswered) I had enough and threatened to take legal action and immediately they offered me a replacement frame. I proceeded to send the damaged frame to their HQ with a DHL pickup they had arranged and surprise surprise it was lost in the post and apparently never arrived, according to the tracking it is still somewhere in Switzerland 😂. So I asked them for a reimbursement for the value of the frame and some of the components that were still on it and after almost a year of troubles I received my bank transfer and got the F outta there! I took that money and bought a Megatower which I then sold 5 months later but that’s a story for another time😉.

|

11/6/2020 7:30 AM

stringbean wrote:

I would avoid YT, prices are right but the customer service is non-existent. One of those lessons a lot of people have learnt the hard way.

Noted!!!

What else do I need to know? smile

|

11/7/2020 3:38 AM

I would think but maybe im wrong. I would go to Trek, Spesh or maybe even Giant for a bike. Those big companies seem to deal with warranties quite a better. Im sure there are the horror stories but nothing like YT.

|

11/7/2020 6:54 AM

jason.west.750 wrote:

I would think but maybe im wrong. I would go to Trek, Spesh or maybe even Giant for a bike. Those big companies seem to deal with warranties quite a better. Im sure there are the horror stories but nothing like YT.

Not Trek, they have screwed me over twice in the past. On parts that were well know to fail saying "we haven't seen this before" when I knew multiple people who had had the same issue and complained to them for it. Santa Cruz has a good warranty, I have heard a lot of good things about them.

|

11/7/2020 8:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/7/2020 8:27 AM

jason.west.750 wrote:

I would think but maybe im wrong. I would go to Trek, Spesh or maybe even Giant for a bike. Those big companies seem to deal with warranties quite a better. Im sure there are the horror stories but nothing like YT.

Mtbforlife4 wrote:

Not Trek, they have screwed me over twice in the past. On parts that were well know to fail saying "we haven't seen this before" when I knew multiple people who had had the same issue and complained to them for it. Santa Cruz has a good warranty, I have heard a lot of good things about them.

Trek warranties me a half dozen parts and 2 frames on my first bike so my experience was different

|

11/7/2020 11:51 PM

I've been through a few giants and have only paid the hour rebuild fee

|

11/28/2020 2:22 PM

epic wrote:

That's 2020 for you. There is no supply.

rockchomper wrote:

That's what I thought but after asking around and checking forums, I found this is a common occurrence with YT and has been for a few years. I just wish I knew that before I bought one! Its pretty messed up they really don't seem to care to much for they're customers. At this point I don't see myself ever buying a YT again and I will do my best to make sure everybody I know never buys one because I would hate for this to happen to them. It really sucks!

Don't wait another moment. Call your CC company and request an immediate and 100% refund. You should have done this within 30 days as it might be too late.
That said, thanks for the heads up. I'll never entertain one of their products.

|

11/29/2020 1:45 AM

|