Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Starter Complete Bike

Create New Tag

7/5/2021 9:28 AM

Hi,
I wanna get a complete DJ and need some input on which you think is the best on a budget.
I'm currently eyeing NS Bikes Movement 3 vs NS Bikes Zircus Black

Anyone knows the difference between those? They seem to have the exact same spec, but the Zircus has slighty longer CS. But I imagine you can do the same stuff with both bikes.

And aside from those NS completes. Which one do you recommend?

Thanks

|

7/5/2021 10:43 AM

For dirt jumping I'm a huge fan of steel frames. So consider the Metropolis if you're set on an NS.

|

7/5/2021 11:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/5/2021 11:20 AM

necx wrote:

Hi,
I wanna get a complete DJ and need some input on which you think is the best on a budget.
I'm currently eyeing NS Bikes ...more

The Zircus is more of a pump track bike and can’t take the abuse of being thrown around and casing dirt jumps.

If you are on a budget -it MAY be better buying a used “barely used” bike on PinkB or something. Many people buy dirt jump bikes, then find out how hard it really is to ride street/dirt/park and give up and sell the bike.

A lot of the complete dirt jump bike brands tend to be European and this makes acquiring the bikes very challenging if you’re in the USA. The complete bikes like the Two6Player from Dartmoor or the Stitched from Canyon are both competently designed bikes. The Trek Ticket is also a good option but may not be a complete bike. Or you could look for a used NS suburban or Dartmoor Cody , that would be my recommendation

|

7/5/2021 6:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/6/2021 3:30 AM

Ideally you want a Canyon 360 at €999 but unfortunately it's out of stock at the moment. The Commencal Absolut and YT Dirt Love are a bit out of your price range.

This Norco is at the price you're looking at: Norco Rampage 1 €850

If you can stretch your budget a bit this Cannondale has good enough parts. If you put dt Swiss ex471 rims and a gyro on it you’d have a really good bike: Cannondale Dave €1199

|

7/5/2021 10:06 PM

At your price point I'd go for a bike with a manitou circus fork for a minimum, any thing under that spec an you might as well go rigid. It may cost a bit more but, worth it in the long run.

|

Callous Hands an Bloody Shins since 1979

7/6/2021 5:53 AM

Can you stretch the budget a bit? A buddy of mine recently got a The Bruce from Rose bikes and he likes it. He had to wait a few weeks for it due to stock shortages, but it looks like the best bang for buck DJ bike for a grand.

I'd second the poster who said to aim for at least a Manitou Circus fork as the SR Suntour and RST level forks on the cheaper bikes just don't work very well or for very long.

|

7/7/2021 2:56 PM

Pivot released a complete dirt jumper a while ago

|

7/7/2021 3:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/7/2021 3:19 PM

What sort of riding are you planning on doing? You said you're looking to get "a dirt jump bike" but never mentioned if you're actually going to be hitting dirt jumps. Dirt jump bikes can get used for everything from learning how to ride a pumptrack to cranking barspins mid-set at a big scary dirt jump spot. There are a lot of different bikes in the category, and they do different things. For instance, I've been riding dirt jumps and skateparks for close to 20 years now and I've never needed a gyro. Similarly, my current bike is aluminum and it works great. If I were hucking 360's down a 12-stair at my local college campus, I might feel more inclined to get a steel frame.

|