Sram x01 dh cassette + profile 10-11spd xd hub

Related:
Create New Tag

2/3/2019 7:32 AM

Wondering if anyone can help me?

Ive bought a sram x01 7 speed dh mini block cassette and im getting some profile elite mtb hubs.

I was just wondering if i get the 10-11speed rear profile hub with an xd driver will the cassette fit on the hub?

I have a 2016 specialized demo 8 carbon. The rear spacing on the demo is 135x12mm and so is the profile hub spacing. What im saying is will the 7 speed cassette fit onto the 10-11 speed hub driver?

If you know what im saying lol.

Any help is appreciated

|

2/3/2019 8:36 AM

Yes, the SRAM X01 DH cassette will work with the XD driver.

|

Like bikes? Hit Vital up on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

2/3/2019 9:10 AM

bturman wrote:

Yes, the SRAM X01 DH cassette will work with the XD driver.

Yeah i knew that would work but im on about the cassette working on a hub driver with 10-11 speed spacing even though its a 7 speed cassette. Im probably not explaining it that well if you know what im saying haha

|

2/3/2019 9:19 AM

I don’t know if profile still does this but they require a cassette spacer even on the xd.

|

2/3/2019 9:47 AM

vinny4130 wrote:

I don’t know if profile still does this but they require a cassette spacer even on the xd.

Oh awesome if thats all i need thats fine. Thank you mate

|

2/3/2019 10:52 AM

It should be there, it looks a lot like a 10sp cassette spacer but if you don’t use it will ruin the free hub then the cassette getting it off. Why they do that is a mystery to me.

|

2/3/2019 11:13 AM

The X01 DH cassette has a built-in spacer on the back side, effectively making it the same width as a 10/11-speed cassette. It will work with any XD compatible wheel and driver body.

Here's a side view:

|

Like bikes? Hit Vital up on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

2/3/2019 1:40 PM

I was gonna say that. Just without the sweet graphics and all.

|

2/3/2019 2:48 PM

bturman wrote:

The X01 DH cassette has a built-in spacer on the back side, effectively making it the same width as a 10/11-speed cassette. It will work with any XD compatible wheel and driver body.

Here's a side view:

Yeah i did wonder about the giant back on it lol. Thanks alot. All good then people buzzing for the new hubs

|

2/3/2019 7:40 PM

@bturman Somehow before I thought he was putting on a 10-42 cassette, I don’t know why I couldn’t get that out of my head. I’m sure the key ways on the dh spacer is much deeper than the alloy 42 on the Xo1 making the profile spacer unnecessary. But It might still be needed, the one I dealt with, the cassette could push to the hub body without the spacer.

|