Accessibility Widget: On | Off
Related:
Create New Tag
D. Summertime D. Summertime
5/25/2014 9:19 AM

Hey all,

I'm looking at the Demo 8 but I just cant determine what size to get! I was hoping you guys could help me out. I was thinking either a medium or large. I am 6 foot and 135 pounds if that helps.

Thanks!!!

D

bturman bturman
5/25/2014 10:21 AM

At your height you'll want the large, but at your weight you'll likely need a softer spring than what comes stock.

D. Summertime D. Summertime
5/25/2014 6:29 PM

So what would a medium be like compared to the large? Pros and cons wise.

Thanks.

bturman bturman
5/25/2014 10:35 PM

At 6-foot tall I wouldn't even be considering the Medium. You'll feel cramped. The Large isn't much bigger, but you'll appreciate added reach.

People often talk about how a smaller bike is "more playful," but you're talking about a DH rig. You want stability at speed. Those short chainstays on all sizes will make it plenty playful.

Photo

crashalex crashalex
5/29/2014 5:14 PM

What are your thoughts on a large for someone who is 5'-9", using it for racing?

bturman bturman
5/29/2014 8:04 PM
crashalex wrote:

What are your thoughts on ...more

I'm 5'10" and prefer the feel of the Large for wide open courses. My arms seem to be longer than average, though. Definitely test ride a few sizes if you can.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry