Skiing VS Biking

Big Bird
Edited Date/Time 1/14/2016 9:15am
Alright you. Go at it...

I don't ski.
|
LLLLL
1/4/2016 4:35am
There's 10x the amount of people at the resorts and they all have far greater disposable income.

Otherwise you ride the terrain the same way pumping and scrubbing bumps and jumps. Off piest is better just like the local trails are too.
TrailHead
1/4/2016 10:58am
Snowboarding? I went snowboarding for the first time! Man, it was great!!!!
Oz_Taylor
1/5/2016 7:16am
Well I guess this follows on from the racing rumours thread...the reason skiing attracts more sponsorship attention than mtb is one reason. Family.

If you have kids you can start them skiing at the age of 3. This means it becomes a family activity. You can easily justify blowing all your money on a fancy car (like an Audi) to transport your family to the slopes safely, and new ski gear for yourself and the kids, and your wife will love you for it.

Try spending all your cash on a new dh bike, gear and a truck to take your mates to the trail centre and see how that goes down...like a lead balloon.

Other stuff.
- Skiing/boarding becomes more fun after a beer. I wouldn't even think about riding mtb after drinking alcohol.
- If you fall off a bike going fast it hurts, probably involving hospital.
- Snowboarding in fresh powder...no comparison, although i do miss the challenge of a defined track limits.
1/14/2016 9:15am
skiing / snbd are far more popular and developed historically across the globe; (as road cycling) rather tham extreme mtb

it looks like:

100 times less spare part to maintain (even at the splitboard ski tour)
10 cheaper to rent equipment or buy new one
you could enjoy it with your family, friends;
you should not eat dirt
you can carry far more speed down the hill

crashing pretty much the same as with mtb

However
Advanced level requires same time and effort as advanced level of MTB (DH is not entry level )
3 times expensive skipass and resorts facilities during the winter
6/22/2016 3:57am
For me yes skiing is more popular and the best thing to enjoy doing it with friends, family etc. I have been spending a lot of time on the ski and not much time on the snow bike. This is bit unusual for me – normally this time of year I spend almost all my outside play time on skis, and has got me thinking a bit about the differences between snow biking and skiing. If you live in the area like falls creek inn these trails are well worth exploring – lots of good skiing and biking, with enough variation in the trails to keep things interesting. I did spend some time thinking about what was dreadful about it though..When skiing I do it the other way – ski up the steeper section and down the less steep hills. Skiing is much faster when the snow is soft, but when the snow is cold and hard it much faster to bike… both ways are fun though.

Post a reply to: Skiing VS Biking

The Latest