Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Saddle tips

Related:
Create New Tag

11/2/2015 5:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/2/2015 5:23 AM

Hi guys. I do a lot of off-road mountain biking in my free time. However, I'm having some problems with finding a good MTB saddle. I've tried like three different models that I found at my local bike shop, but all of them are painful to sit on after an hour of riding (even the ones with a lot of padding). The most comfortable one of them was Avenir, but I was not a fan of that particular model, though I am thinking about getting the Avenir Men's 100 instead. It's supposed to be one of the best MTB saddles and I can't seem to find any better option. What do you guys think? Does anyone else have problems with their saddle and have any good suggestions that you have used? I would really appreciate any advice.

|

11/2/2015 9:33 AM

Different saddles fit different bodies, so what works for me might not work for you. Something to keep in mind when reading "Best Saddle" lists and when people start throwing out reconditions for you.

Maybe head to your local bike shop and ask if they have any test saddles. It's not uncommon. Some shops will let you set up a trainer and pedal away inside the shop and some will even let you take the loaner saddle home for a ride or two.

For my saddle, overly padded saddles or anything labeled "comfort" tend to bug me and make things even more uncomfortable. I'd recommend finding a good padded short or bib (if you're into that kinda thing) for starters. I've been rocking the Specialized SWAT stuff lately and like it. As far as my saddle prefrence goes, I get along well with the WTB Silverado and Chromag Trailmaster II, your results may vary.

|

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.