Accessibility Widget: On | Off

RockShox forks? XC32

Related:
Create New Tag

6/24/2015 8:49 PM

Why can I barely find any info about the XC32 fork? I know it's a pretty cheap one, but it's not even on the site?!? Or is it the the same as XC30? If it is...

|

6/26/2015 4:16 AM

I have the xc32 on my hardtail. I bought it to replace the crappy suntour fork that came stock on my bike. For $200 (shop cut me a deal because I had just bought 2 new bikes the week prior, they even gave me a Fox shock pump and installed the fork free) I am happy with the purchase.

You can find the xc32 in a coil spring version and a solo air version. I am a bigger guy so the solo air prevented me from having to buy a heavier spring.

The fork has a Turn Key lockout damper and a 5 position rebound adjuster. The lockout works good. If you forget your locked out and take a couple big hits it opens up to allow the fork to soak up the hit then returns to full lock automatically. The rebound adjuster doesn't do much. I have turned it fully in both directions without feeling any difference. I just leave it in the middle position.

The upper stanchions are steel but being 32mm they are stiffer than most budget forks I have felt on other peoples bikes. It is much lighter than the suntour it replaced but certainly heavier than a fork 2x or more the price.

If I was building a new bike frame up, I wouldn't put the xc32 on it. But as far as upgrading the fork on an entry/recreational bike, for the money I don't think there was a better option for me.

|

6/26/2015 9:21 AM

nuke wrote:

I have the xc32 on my hardtail. I bought it to replace the crappy suntour fork that came stock on my bike. For $200 (shop cut ...more

Ok so I have the solo air. You know on the bottom there is rebound, how much does it move? I can barely move mine like a quarter of a turn, and feel like I'm gonna break it or something. Or should I just keep trying to turn it?

|

6/26/2015 9:54 AM

i typed in "xc32" on the rockshox site search bar and got a handful of manuals. here's the results page, maybe it will help? https://www.sram.com/sram/search?keywords=xc32 (items 5 thru 9 for you?)

if you have the 2012 model that shows up in the search results, that could be why it's not on their site anymore? i'm just guessing here.

as for rebound, i'm also guessing, but since you have the solo air, let out the air and see if that frees up the rebound knob a bit? if you feel like you're going to break it when turning, that's not right. it should have a handful of clicks and turn more than 1/4 turn. again, 100% guess work here. hope it works out.

|

6/26/2015 10:39 AM

TrailHead wrote:

Ok so I have the solo air. You know on the bottom there is rebound, how much does it move? I can barely move mine like a ...more

Don't keep trying to turn it. Like I said it only has five positions, so it will only click four times. I haven't touched mine in months but it seems like it would only move about a 1/4 turn when I did mess with it. It was very stiff to turn and the knob would flex before you twisted it hard enough to move the adjuster. The adjuster assembly seems like its not as precisely machined as some of the better forks out there.

Your results may vary, but the rebound adjuster just didn't offer any changes to the fork that were noticeable to me. I still hade the same dead feel wherever I put the adjuster. The fork reacts quick enough to prevent packing in moderate chatter but still too slow to keep the tire planted over some bigger obstacles.

|

6/26/2015 11:52 AM

sspomer wrote:

i typed in "xc32" on the rockshox site search bar and got a handful of manuals. here's the results page, maybe it will help? ...more

Mine is 2015 I'm sure, since my bike is 2015?

|

6/26/2015 12:06 PM

nuke wrote:

Don't keep trying to turn it. Like I said it only has five positions, so it will only click four times. I haven't touched mine ...more

Oh so it's supposed to click! Mine has never clicked... Guess I need to try to make it click huh?

|

6/28/2015 9:56 AM

The XC32 may not be the most expensive or greatest fork, but it is not bad for what it is. I know some very fast people that use the 32, simply because they can't afford a nicer fork, and they truly rip on that fork.

|

7/3/2015 9:09 PM

So I took my bike to the LBS... They fixed it. Apparently someone/thing assembling the fork installed the key wrong.... Haha lol! Now it works!!! Yay

|