RedBull Rampage

HuckSauce
Edited Date/Time 8/18/2014 12:55pm
From 2001 to 2004 The Rampage didn't have as many if any wooden features. Should wooden ramps and jumps be part of Rampage or do they contradict what Rampage is all about.
|
bturman
9/25/2013 1:08pm
This year the riders have three days to build their lines. Three. They are also limited to a three person build crew. That's not much time or man power...

Personally I'm all for it, simply because it allows riders to build radder stuff elsewhere. There is way more natural terrain being covered than wood hits. They just happen to be what gets hyped up prior to the event.
9/25/2013 7:29pm
I think that the wood features kinda spice it up a bit and add more action. But on the other hand it is really cool to see the riders try to tackle all of the natural terrain too. Some of those jumps also help get the riders to another part of the course and without them it would limit the space in which they are able to ride.

I think that it needs to balance out evenly because if it turns into too many jumps and ramps it would almost be like slopestyle. I personally like the wood features but I also really like the raw, natural terrain. Too much wood will take the concept out of rampage.

Thats all I have to say.
bturman
9/25/2013 8:46pm
Also, can we, as spectators, really complain about a few massive hits? The new Sender looks to be about 45-50 feet tall...
Big Bird
9/25/2013 9:04pm
It seems to me that the wooden features help spice up the lower parts of the course, where they're easier to build, and where the gravity is running out. If anyone's old enough to remember the original Joyride in Australia, the whole course funneled down to a big old four or six pack of big bike sized doubles. Could that be effectively done at Rampage?
HuckSauce
9/26/2013 9:31am
bturman wrote:
Also, can we, as spectators, really complain about a few massive hits? The new Sender looks to be about 45-50 feet tall...
I wouldn't say I'm complaining about the features, Zinks 3 off the Sender was one of the coolest moves ever, but his backflip for the watch ad he did awhile back seemed more impressive. I guess the year Super T won was my favorite. All of the riders are incredible athletes and I can't wait to see the next event.

Post a reply to: RedBull Rampage

The Latest