Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Mtbike Fork Switch to DH Fork

Related:
Create New Tag

7/21/2015 6:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2015 8:07 PM

THE PERFECT ANSWER FOR MY QUESTION FOUND IT @ http://forums.mtbr.com
Depends what you mean by "xc bike", and also what you mean by "dual crown fork". If you mean taking a bike with classic XC geometry and putting a Downhill fork on it, it won't work; most DC forks are far to long, so the head angle will be extremely slack and the BB will be way to high ()higher than the rear axle). The frame also won't be designed to take the stress of a long lever arm, so you'll rip the head tube off sooner or later.

If you mean "are there any decent hardtail bikes with dual crown forks", there are. Some free-ride hardtails (such as the Bashee Morphine) have the geometry and frame strength needed for a 7+" dual crown fork, and some dual crown forks (notably the Maveric DuC32) are designed for all-mountain riding and can be used on a suitable hardtail all-mountain frame. You also see similar setups where folks have older DC DH forks that only have 5-6" travel and have re-purposed them for AM riding.

However, in general there is little point to a dual crown fork on a modern hard tail. With tapered / 1.5" crowns, fork makers can now build good 6" single crown forks, and on a bike with more fork than that, you typically want a rear suspension anyhow.

|

7/21/2015 11:09 AM

You must be trolling... If not, no!

|

7/21/2015 12:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2015 6:38 PM

TrailHead wrote:

new slang for me ( trolling )

|

7/21/2015 12:48 PM

espartano wrote:

C'mon man. You can't be serious!

|

7/21/2015 5:27 PM

TrailHead wrote:

espartano wrote:

TrailHead wrote:

Look at the picture, I think not

|

7/21/2015 6:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2015 6:39 PM

espartano wrote:

TrailHead wrote:

connnordoll21 wrote:

Look at the picture, I think not

thx anyway

|

7/22/2015 12:17 PM

At one time in my trials career, I ran a Namaiki 24" frame with a Rock Shox Judy XL with DHO lowers and the upper crown turned upside down. I think I was also running 4" travel. Do what you like. Just keep in mind that BB height. And for the record, "Trolling" Is sort of doing things on the web for the sole purpose of being an ass or wasting other peoples time. You Sir, are not a troll. Just a curious member. Ride On!

|

7/23/2015 7:53 AM

Big Bird wrote:

At one time in my trials career, I ran a Namaiki 24" frame with a Rock Shox Judy XL with DHO lowers and the upper crown turned ...more

Thx brother people like you make mtbiking more interesting, like you says I'm new in this sport so want to know it better just came from hardtail to full suspension Devinci Atlas RC 29er and right now can't afford a DH bike so trying to do a hybrid thx for the tips keep it real be safe

|