Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Mountain States Cup Cancelled for 2013

Related:
Create New Tag

10/27/2012 9:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2016 10:22 AM

The words from Keith Darner:
Photo

It looks like the Mountain States Cup will not continue next year. Hopefully somebody can put together a new series so we can have somewhere to race. Share your stories about racing the MSC here and show support for Colorado mountain biking (specifically gravity disciplines).

|

10/27/2012 4:48 PM

That's rough. Cheers to Darner, the organizers before him, Yeti, the race staff, and everyone who made it possible for so long. This is an unfortunate blow to the USA's race scene. Let's hope something else is in the works...

|

10/27/2012 6:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2016 10:22 AM

I have to agree with you bturman, its sad to hear these type of news, would like to hear what were the reasons behind...not enough support??, not enough people racing...?? this can be of help to look in the future of the DH racing, as a organizer, I have to say that this is a though work, at least here in the country, people tend to think is a easy job and that money grows in trees to put the races together...and no...down here, sponsors don´t invest much (to not say nothing) so with the cost of the races, fewer riders (specially when it comes to federated races), money does not allow to be in the safe side...

Cheers to Keith which i have share few messages, and same as bturman, lets hope this is being work somewhere else, or at least someone is thinking on it...

|

10/27/2012 9:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/27/2012 9:29 PM

Ummmmm....ouch. Any word on the Big Mountain Enduro series? FB page says that dates will be announced in a few weeks but that could have changed. After (what I see as) a pretty successful inaugural season, it would be a shame to see that fall apart too. Thanks to Keith and all the folks at MSC though, always a good show.

|

10/27/2012 9:47 PM

unfortunately the writing has been in the wall for a minute, I will say that racing the msc has brought both some of the the best and worst memories and experiences of my life, I have raced it since its inception, till its demise, I have met some amazing people who live, eat, sleep and bleed Mountain bikes, I hope all parties involved continue to push forward and raise the bar in whatever path they choose! thanks guys !

|

If you make it idiot proof they will just invent a better Idiot!

10/28/2012 7:31 AM

MSC is where it all started for me. bummer to hear.

|

10/28/2012 10:37 AM

Angel Fire 2004 is where I got owned and also found my love for Gravity racing. Thank you from myself and Team Geronimo for years of racing and good times!

|

10/30/2012 8:16 AM

Only had the opportunity to race it one year but it was a ton of fun, sorry to see it go, its a bummer.

|

11/1/2012 8:06 PM

Bummer....I hope someone steps in and creates something. When we started our series, we hoped to be like MSC and now I can understand how this can happen. A race is one thing, but a series is a whole other animal. 10 plus years is to be commended.

|