Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Just picked up a Trek rail 9.7 (EMTB)

Create New Tag

9/11/2020 7:02 AM

Got a Trek Rail 9.7 last Sat from Wheel and Sprocket. Rode it Monday at John Muir here in Wisconsin. I can say without hesitation, that I am very happy with it. For those of you that have never ridden an EMTB...I was on the lowest pedal assist setting (ECO) for about 4 30 minute loops. It feels like someone is pushing you as you ride. Anything over ECO and it was simply too fast for the trails honestly...lol. The bike is friggin incredible. I will never go back to a regular MTB again. It's super quiet, powerful as heck. I don't post much, but thought some of you may be interested.

|

9/11/2020 7:44 AM

Cool story bro

|

9/11/2020 8:54 AM

I rode it on turbo for like 30 seconds in the parking lot. It feels like the Hulk is pushing you as you pedal.

Who thumbs down a new MTB bike???...lol. WTF??

|

9/11/2020 7:47 PM

I think a lot of people just hate ebikes hence the down votes. I used to be one of those people that hated them but now I just figure if your out riding and having fun it’s all good. As long as the user is respectful, this is a big deal on multi use trails, and not poaching trails that specifically have signs up saying “no ebikes” it’s no big deal. Glad your having fun man.

|

9/12/2020 5:44 AM

Well, I don't get the entire hate e-bike deal at all. Snapped my left leg last year racing MX. Completely severed off both the tib/fib right below the knee. Two operations, a bone graft from my pelvis, two 7" plates and 40 screws later, I can finally do something. The EMTB is a god send. Got me back on the bike again. These things are the future, like it or not. They're here and they aren't going to go away. Most people who hate them have probably never even ridden one. I would never consider a non e bike ever again. They are a game changer 100%.

|

9/16/2020 10:14 AM

MOTO13 wrote:

Well, I don't get the entire hate e-bike deal at all. Snapped my left leg last year racing MX. Completely severed off both the tib/fib right below the knee. Two operations, a bone graft from my pelvis, two 7" plates and 40 screws later, I can finally do something. The EMTB is a god send. Got me back on the bike again. These things are the future, like it or not. They're here and they aren't going to go away. Most people who hate them have probably never even ridden one. I would never consider a non e bike ever again. They are a game changer 100%.

It's cool that an ebike lets you ride again after an injury and you can have fun again, but you need to understand that you are a bad person for wanting to ride, because you didn't work for your descent (shuttling is an exception, that is super hard work).

|

9/16/2020 11:29 AM

Lol...tell me about it. You should have to work for every foot you ride on a bike...feel the burn before you earn your drop. I've ridden a MTB for years and probably have more miles under my belt than most. I could have gotten back on a regular bike with no problem. I've done it before with other injuries over the past 30 years of riding and racing MX. But when I tried my buddy's EMTB (Haibike 6.0 Fatty)...that was it...I'm getting an EMTB. It makes me laugh when I hear goons shooting off their mouths about EMTB's. Like they're going to stop e bikes or shame people into not getting them. It's like these people are in 4th grade or some shit.

|