Is This the Biggest Drop Ever Landed in the UK?

Edited Date/Time 2/9/2021 12:35pm
Go big - and then go home! There's a bit of a backstory here, as the jump was more of a stealth strike mission to build and ride (not sanctioned in any way of course). Apparently it was even torn down the day before Oli went to hit it, so it had to be rebuilt in a day and then sent early the following morning. It was taken down by Oli after he was done, so no need to go looking for it (as if anybody in their right mind would, LOL!)

We don't know for a fact if it's the biggest ever, but we do know that it's HUGE! Props on sticking it so clean too.

|
Ahab
1/31/2021 7:02am
BANANAS
Scrub
1/31/2021 9:59am
Deathgrip-ed
boaz
1/31/2021 10:10am
This is awesome. Always makes me happy to see a proper send
smelly
1/31/2021 10:35am
So how big are the biggest drops riders are doing at Rampage? Because this looks huge, and some of those Rampage drops make this look, like, real big instead of huge.
zuman
1/31/2021 2:28pm
Missed opportunity for huck norris to support this rider.
Big Bird
1/31/2021 2:43pm
smelly wrote:
So how big are the biggest drops riders are doing at Rampage? Because this looks huge, and some of those Rampage drops make this look, like...
So how big are the biggest drops riders are doing at Rampage? Because this looks huge, and some of those Rampage drops make this look, like, real big instead of huge.
Andreu and I think Aggy teamed up to build and hit an eighty footer a few years ago.
lev
2/1/2021 3:46am
smelly wrote:
So how big are the biggest drops riders are doing at Rampage? Because this looks huge, and some of those Rampage drops make this look, like...
Big Bird wrote:
Andreu and I think Aggy teamed up to build and hit an eighty footer a few years ago.
Is that drop or gap?
2/1/2021 5:38am
smelly wrote:
This is a bit old, but it will still give you a good idea: https://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/HOW-BIG-12-of-the-Biggest-Red-….

Super cool video with Cam McCaul, talking you through some of the big stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lENDnAf4HQc.

Over the past couple of editions, people have been hitting features like "The Price Is Right" drop or T-Mac's "Triple Dipper" at Rampage, which measure out at like 70 feet or so (lip to lip). Not sure what the vertical measurements on those one are.
bizutch
2/1/2021 5:43am
The scary part isn't the distance when I watch it. The room for zero error is though. Damn near flat ground surrounding that mini-kick lander. If he misses the lip, I don't even know if he'd BOUNCE. Just stick straight into ground bone by bone.
Big Bird
2/1/2021 8:35am
lev wrote:
Is that drop or gap?
Mostly drop, but they tend to measure on the diagonal in those parts. It was a lip a bit back from the edge and then a long way down to where they landed.
Rafcek3
2/8/2021 5:26am
That was absolutely gnarly, dont think i've seen a drop like that in a UK video before

Post a reply to: Is This the Biggest Drop Ever Landed in the UK?

The Latest