I read it in a magazine-oh

Related:
Create New Tag

1/31/2010 10:20 PM

Most of my bike magazine subscriptions expire next month.Easily Upload Your Images To MyspaceIm really thinking of letting them go except MBA and bmx plus.Does anyone else still subscribe,buy,or look at magazines anymore,or is it all internet now?

|

2/1/2010 6:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2011 5:10 PM

Personal opinion, the writing in MBA isnt great and the photos typically are pretty tame. Decline uses the best paper and puts high quality images in there and has guest writers from pro riders who write editorials or event write ups. Decline is the only one I still buy

I havent read really any of the others in quite a few years as I dont ride BMX and found the others to not write about the type of riding I care most about.

Also check out http://fivefiveninemagazine.com/

|

2/1/2010 8:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2016 10:18 AM

Vitalmtb > any magazine. That said, I'm still subscribed to Decline and I buy Dirt when I see it. Bike is a good mag too but doesn't have enough gravity content for my tastes.

|

2/1/2010 10:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2010 10:53 AM

We recently started selling BIKE magazine, made by the same guys who put out POWDER. They don't focus too much on DH racing, nor free ride in general. They seem to focus more on destinations, and great experiences on bikes. My favorite part is the complete sentences, and coherent, clear, exciting text. Good photos as well.

Overall, I think the internet is better. Quicker content delivery; smaller footprint. Viva la revolucion!

|

2/1/2010 9:36 PM

Ill agree that decline is the best mtb magazine out right now.That being said,I can get both mtba and bmx plus for the same cost as decline.The other reason is I can go to the decline site and read the magazine page by page for free.
Having grown up in a pre internet age,nobody likes magazines more than I.I just think they are becoming unecessary except for reading material in the john.

|

2/2/2010 6:18 AM

bloghogs wrote:

Ill agree that decline is the best mtb magazine out right now.That being said,I can get both mtba and bmx plus for the same cost as decline.The other reason is I can go to the decline site and read the magazine page by page for free.
Having grown up in a pre internet age,nobody likes magazines more than I.I just think they are becoming unecessary except for reading material in the john.

Laptops.
|

2/5/2010 5:36 AM

Both print and web serve a purpose i feel. Good web content these days have forced a lot of magazines to step up their offering as well as change their editorial focus, which is allowing for more in-depth features VS news type stories. That said Decline, Dirt and Bike should have you covered from all ends of the spectrum and globe.

Web stories while rich graphically cannot hold the masses appeal for too long if they are too verbose. So sometimes there is more depth in some magazines features. Vital i think accomplishes a good mix of both.

|

2/6/2010 2:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2011 5:10 PM

i get decline only - the "hot" content always feels a bit old because by the time i get decline to my front door i've know about the "hot" stuff for a month or so. However i think they can do a lot of cool things and there is still a lot of potential for exclusives etc.. that you won't find on the internet.

|

I'm Slow

2/6/2010 7:39 PM

decline and dirt. two best for sick shredage

|

2/9/2010 1:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2016 10:18 AM

MBA isn't worth the paper it's printed on. I like Decline but wish he would spend a little less effort on making it flashy and a little more on content and good writing. That said, the only magazine I subscribe to is Road&Track, Peter Egan is my hero.

|