Accessibility Widget: On | Off

History Lesson: JJ @ Vail Worlds

Related:
Create New Tag

4/28/2011 8:32 AM

JJ Gregorowicz was one of the best trials competition riders the US ever had. Maybe the best. He carried an effortless style that made even his mistakes seem graceful. He also rode at a time when trials bikes still mostly looked like bikes and wheels often made full rotations. the sport is something different today but I'd rather watch JJ roll things than most of today's top riders hop their way through a career.

Here's a video from him screwing around at the 2001 Vail Worlds.

jj uci from cesar barba on Vimeo.

|

4/28/2011 10:13 PM

I remember that guy. He was one of my trials heros. He basically was the best competition trials riders from the USA. Plus he was about 16 or 18 years old at that time.

I also remember at the Keyesville classic when they had trials. It was probably 1998 or 1999 a guy by the name of Jim Trigonis who was just an above average pro trials rider from the USA. He ended up winning the comp that year by beating a guy named Thierry Klinkenberg who was a Dutch trials rider of UCI/World Trials rider caliber.

Probably one of the biggest upsets in trials history. Thierry rode off furious when jim finished the last section.

|