Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Gwin vs. Hill

Related:
Create New Tag

3/8/2012 1:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2012 1:31 AM

Anyone else hoping Sammy steps up and is up there at every race with Gwin? This could be the start of the biggest rivalry we've ever seen in the sport, I don't think there's ever been more than one rider who has the ability to dominate, racing at the same time before. Except maybe Nico Voullioz and Shaun Palmer or something? I don't really know I wasn't around for that. Anyway I really hope this will be the start of a real intense rivalry in our sport

|

3/8/2012 9:26 AM

I've been worried about Hill for this season. But he's finally won an Australian National over Brosnan. There was a rumor that he was going to be racing moto instead. But one site, (I can't remember if it was here or at Dirt.) said that he's sold off all his moto toys and buckled down for a comeback. I'm still rooting for Gwin. But it would be more fun to see him sweat a little.

|

3/8/2012 5:01 PM

Yeah but Sam always chills at his nationals. But both riders have shown they can consistently take massive amounts of time into the rest of the field, and if Hill hadn't got injured in 2010 I think its pretty possible he would've had a year like Gwin's last year. Also it'd be like Hill vs. Gwin, Monster vs. Red Bull, Specialized vs. Trek, it'd be sick if Sam gets back on his game

|

3/15/2012 7:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2016 10:21 AM

I personally think that Hill is an unknown at this stage. He's been behind Troy down here in Australia but maybe he has been able to regain focus and was just taking it easy for a while. He (Hill) has the passion, there's no doubting that, but has he been able to do all the hard work in the off-season?

All the "pedaling" bullshit about PMB is no excuse for any performance and I am just so damn excited to see how Sam does do this weekend.

|

3/15/2012 9:50 PM

I would love to see Hill back in the mix.. He was the "stoke" factor that got me into riding.. It would be sweet to see him and Gwin make it an exciting year on the WC circuit..

|

3/16/2012 7:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2016 10:21 AM

I would love to see him challenging Gwin, but I don't see it...

True, he won the last round of the Aussie Cup, but just because Troy had a big smash with a tree, on true pace, he is not hanging on to Brosnan...

I see Troy as a podium threat every round, but not sure if winning races...

If true form holds true, I would expect Top 10's for Sam, 2-3 podiums maybe, but not more... The field is so stacked now (Brook, Hart, Brosnan, Minnnaar, Gee, Gwin, Stevie, Needles) that I think he is not up to par to those guys...

But, I also never thought he could win the World Champs in 2010, and he proved me wrong there, so one thing for sure is, this WC Season will be exciting as hell!!

|