Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Getting Flats With Tubeless Setup - What am I doing wrong?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/31/2014 8:28 PM

Hey everyone, today I got my third flat this month while running tubeless for downhill. I hit a fairly small rock pretty hard, felt it hit the rim, and next thing I know air is hissing out. The hole is right against the rim. Plenty of Stan's came out of the hole, but no seal. This hole is small, like something that could be done by a thumbtack. I know there's no shortage of Stan's because about 3 weeks ago I cleaned out all the old Stan's and added 3 ounces. Unless 3 oz isn't enough... At the moment, the tire is flat. It's had several holes and such put into it, and I've walked several miles with it flat. Is it just time for me to get a new tire or is there something else better I can do? It's the rear tire, running at least 32 psi. Thanks!

|

9/2/2014 6:18 AM

what tire do you have?

i ride tubeless on my dh bike and only got 1 falt, because the tire was already burnt down. on the other and, in my enduro bike i have flated it like 4 or 5 times in the same time in 4 diferente tires, the main diference is that the tires are lighter and more fragile beeing so

from my expirience on the dh bike i've ran maxxis minium dhf 2 ply and 3c and the tubeless version on miniuns and wet scream schwalbe muddy mary dh casing and magic mary super gravaty, in maxxis, the 3 c was the worst and all the other's work great, from schwalbe bothe work, but the dh casing is much bether, more resistent and less prone to burping

|

9/2/2014 7:18 PM

tmano2 wrote:

what tire do you have?

i ride tubeless on my dh bike and only got 1 falt, because the tire was already burnt down. on the ...more

The tire was a single ply Maxxis Minion DHR. As I was informed today, this was really the enduro-style tire, not DH. The sidewall folded right up and pierced. The hole is actually larger than it seemed and ran right along the bead. So I'm just going to go with a 2 ply Minion. That should do the job! Thanks for the reply!

|