Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Fuel Ex, Remedy or Slash ???

Related:
Create New Tag

7/23/2020 10:34 PM

I have a 27.5" Remedy 8, but I´m thinking about changing it for 29" Fuel Ex or a 29" Slash. I´m looking for a "do everything" mtb.

What would you go for and why?

|

7/30/2020 8:13 PM

I have a slash and love it! Especially with the Stock thru shaft shock its pretty close to a trail bike and doesn't pedal too bad. I put a coil on mine and its absolutely amazing. Its a pretty good do it all bike at least for me, I've done some big shuttles with it and lots of trail riding and it's fun on just about anything. I will say that it takes a little bit more effort to get it around corners fast, you really got to lean into it but It suits me pretty well. More travel = more betterer just kidding but I can't recommend the slash enough, fantastic bike!

|

7/31/2020 9:28 AM

Honestly, as a long time rider and bike tester I'd steer clear of Trek for one reason - **warranty**. They are not very good at supporting their bikes, and despite what their warranty may read, I have had issues as others have.

Their bikes perform pretty well, but there are equally as good performers usually to be found for less money.

On an unrelated note, anyone want a Top Fuel Trek has decided not to warranty? How about a Slash frame that is also broken? LOL.

|

7/31/2020 2:32 PM

I have ridden all three and would say it depends where you ride most of the time. Is it more mellow, tech, or downhill? For me, most of my local trails are more mellow so I went with a Fuel EX. I think you could take this even on some steeps (with a 150 fork, the head angle should be around 65.5) and I ride our tame downhill here. The Slash is much more of a true enduro/plow bike; if you lived in the PNW it would be a good 'all around' option there. TBH, I think the Remedy is a good compromise - a good amount of travel for the tech, but a pretty stiff/poppy suspension setup for flatter trails.

|