Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Everything Fort William World Cup (21/22 May)

Create New Tag

3/28/2022 10:25 PM

The midges are buzzing, FT William is coming!

As per @sspomer ‘s maximum-traction-strategy we’re starting fresh every WorldCup.

Ramble along racefans!

|

3/29/2022 4:59 AM

Any track updates? They must have done some work on it the last two years?

|

3/29/2022 8:14 AM

maximum-traction-strategy LOL

|

3/29/2022 11:03 AM

Looking forward to seeing what Minnaar can do as this seems to be a track he excels at.

|

3/29/2022 2:21 PM

Do you think guys might drop the mullet here and go the full 29'er option? It makes the most sense on this track. Wagon wheels baby!

|

3/30/2022 12:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2022 12:09 AM

SB14 wrote:

I wouldn't bank on it. Maybe a new line through the woods?

I wonder if Rachel will turn up for the BDS round a couple of weeks before the WC?

|

3/31/2022 12:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/1/2022 1:07 AM

Jumping the gun for this thread somewhat, but it looks like Fort Bill will be hosting the World Champs next year.

A snippet taken from a story on the other site;
"the forthcoming 2023 UCI Cycling World Championships, which will take place in Glasgow and Scotland bringing together the 13 existing World Championship cycling disciplines into one event for the very first time."

|

3/31/2022 7:14 PM

SB14 wrote:

veefour wrote:

I wonder if Rachel will turn up for the BDS round a couple of ...more

Reading between the lines of her latest instagram post, I would say that's a no.

|

4/1/2022 5:44 AM

veefour wrote:

Jumping the gun for this thread somewhat, but it looks like Fort Bill will be hosting the World Champs next year.

A snippet ...more

Yes, this was announced a year or two ago and is part of a push for an 'all-in-one' World Championships, where they will have pretty much every discipline but cyclocross competing for the rainbow stripes.
https://www.cyclingworldchamps.com/event
If I recall correctly, some news sites were assuming this was a 'trial' event and may be something they look to do every couple of years or so. It sounds like a neat idea, but it may get complicated trying to juggle so many different calendars plus find a site that has suitable courses for every discipline in the future.

|

4/1/2022 11:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/1/2022 11:33 AM

SB14 wrote:

veefour wrote:

DNE87 wrote:

Reading between the lines of her latest instagram post, I would say that's a no.

Shame. It's going to be interesting to see where she sits in relation to the top 4 or 5 ladies when she gets up to speed. I'd be surprised if she returns to her previous heights, but she was so much quicker than everyone else when she was on it that she could maybe still be competitive in today's field. I'm looking forward to finding out and really enjoying how close the racing is between the women at the moment.

|

4/2/2022 12:20 PM

I have no doubt that Rachel Atherton, had she been regularly racing and training in 2021, would still be at the top end of World Cup timesheets in 2022.

However, considering the amount of ring rust involved, I think it would be best for her to come back in 2023 instead, perhaps start training in the fall.

|

4/19/2022 2:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2022 6:17 AM

SB14 wrote:

veefour wrote:

DNE87 wrote:

Yeah, reading that you're probably right. Apparently she tried to enter the latest BDS race in Rheola at the last minute, but couldn't race as it was full. Not sure if that means she's ready to start her comeback or if it was just a spur of the moment thing. The Fort Bill BDS race is also now full, so if she hasn't entered in time then she won't be racing there either.
I've tried to find an entry list, but no luck so far.

Edit; Just found it and she's not entered, but she has entered the next round of the national series in LLangollen at the end of May.

|

5/9/2022 3:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/9/2022 11:28 AM

Rumours of a new section from the deer fence down to near the bottom of the woods. Time will tell.

Edit; Confirmed in race report for British National Race on the other site.

|

5/17/2022 1:16 PM

For the love of whatever you admire, please don’t turn this into a “Integrated cable routing headsets are so aero” topic… but it’s rad to see teams are getting their motorway tucking dialed ahead of Ft Bill! Racing is around the corner.

Photo

|

5/17/2022 4:52 PM

can't wait
fox just posted dialed

and this POV from lewis napier 6 days ago is pretty cool
|

5/18/2022 5:34 AM

1. Amaury Pierron
2. Greg Minaar
3. Danny Hart
4. Loris Vergier
5. Aaron Gwin

just guessing

|

5/18/2022 5:47 AM

Concussion season is here.

Tahnee is out for Ft Bill, looks like Myriam raced Lourdes with a concussion and is still dealing with the effects.
Finn is also still dealing with concussion symptoms after ringing his bell a few weeks ago.

No bueno....

|

5/18/2022 6:36 AM

dirty booger wrote:

Tahnee is out for Ft Bill, looks like Myriam raced Lourdes with a concussion and is still dealing ...more

Kind of whack that Myriam was allowed to race at all in Lourdes given what she's posted. So much for a UCI 'concussion protocol'.
There needs to be independent assessment of baselines and concussions, otherwise team docs and riders are just going to push for an immediate return and end up hurting themselves even more.

|

5/18/2022 6:46 AM

dirty booger wrote:

Tahnee is out for Ft Bill, looks like Myriam raced Lourdes with a concussion and is still dealing ...more

Masjo wrote:

Kind of whack that Myriam was allowed to race at all in Lourdes given what she's posted. So much for a UCI 'concussion ...more

Lourdes sent out a very bad message about riding with concussions, especially how it was almost pitched as a bigger achievement for her to compete under those circumstances.
Maybe a coincidence, but the team could have history of either not looking after their riders well enough in this regard, or pushing them into competing when they shouldn't - look at lack of clarity over Thibaut's (potential) concussion in Les Gets last year too..

|

5/18/2022 7:17 AM

Dave_Camp wrote:

1. Amaury Pierron
2. Greg Minaar
3. Danny Hart
4. Loris Vergier
5. Aaron Gwin

just guessing

Greg gonna win. should we keep an eye out for lead weights on bikes for added motorway momentum?

|

5/18/2022 7:40 AM

dirty booger wrote:

Didn't Finn not race snowshoe finals last year due to concussion symptoms?
Regardless, as someone that has been around since the dawn of time of DH racing, I am glad athletes are finally letting their brains heal-too many years of "suck it up, have a water, get back out there" after smashing their heads.

|

5/18/2022 7:59 AM

Dave_Camp wrote:

1. Amaury Pierron
2. Greg Minaar
3. Danny Hart
4. Loris Vergier
5. Aaron Gwin

just guessing

sspomer wrote:

Greg gonna win. should we keep an eye out for lead weights on bikes for added motorway momentum?

psh. AP by 4 seconds- quad to flat into the finish arena.

|

5/18/2022 9:19 AM

Looks to be rainy.

Photo

|

5/18/2022 9:22 AM

dirty booger wrote:

Masjo wrote:

Kind of whack that Myriam was allowed to race at all in Lourdes given what she's posted. So much for a UCI 'concussion ...more

lewzz10 wrote:

Lourdes sent out a very bad message about riding with concussions, especially how it was almost pitched as a bigger ...more

There needs to be a clear marker for when a rider is stood down, by the rules, without the team being able to interfere. But that would require some gear on the helmets to report the level of impact.

But this is for another topic.

|

5/18/2022 9:32 AM

Dave_Camp wrote:

1. Amaury Pierron
2. Greg Minaar
3. Danny Hart
4. Loris Vergier
5. Aaron Gwin

just guessing

sspomer wrote:

Dave_Camp wrote:

Just so long as AP doesn't endo over the finish line! Still one of the more dramatic finishes! I'm going to predict that Reece Wilson could do well. His aero tuck is very good. The top of the track is rough, but not super steep, and at snowshoe last year he seemed to excel at keeping speed thru the rough flatish section towards the bottom (if I recall correctly). Just a thought. But yeah it'd be great to see Minaar take the win.

|

5/18/2022 9:40 AM

Dan Atherton spotted on the entry list.

Rachel too, but it sounds like she doesn't feel quite ready. may just take a few practice runs?

|

5/18/2022 9:55 AM

Dave_Camp wrote:

1. Amaury Pierron
2. Greg Minaar
3. Danny Hart
4. Loris Vergier
5. Aaron Gwin

just guessing

sspomer wrote:

Dave_Camp wrote:

Calling Gwin in 5th is more bold than calling AP by 4 seconds

|

5/18/2022 1:05 PM

dirty booger wrote:

Stiksandstones wrote:

Didn't Finn not race snowshoe finals last year due to concussion symptoms?
Regardless, as someone that has been around since ...more

Vaguely remember Eddie Masters say something about this in a Podcast in past year???... (iirc about taking lead from Aussie Rules and that if it is a Bike Team Doc then there's a conflict of interests Etc.)

|

5/18/2022 1:20 PM

Camille and Benoit - Dorval double win?

|

5/18/2022 3:13 PM

if it looks remotely like rain I'm putting my right nut on Wilson.

home turf
possibly wet
dude holds speed like no other
good bloke

stamp it!

|