Accessibility Widget: On | Off

EWS Coverage & the overall ROI for companies sponsoring enduro racers

Create New Tag

6/17/2022 2:23 AM

Stiksandstones wrote:

Sorry im late to party...Someone said earlier in here about enduro being more 'relatable' to the consumer (consumer being the ...more

That's interesting about the SX vs. RBTV DH viewing figures - is that domestic US viewership vs. Global RBTV figures?

Either way WCDH is watched the world over, and the web-player and phone app work perfectly, and come with stats etc...

The sad reality is a company like Discovery will not create a single point of viewing for WCDH or EWS coverage, they will sell it and distribute it to so many different platforms in different regions that the whole thing will lack the simple coherence RBTV provided.

Might be a saving grace for EWS coverage but a death kneel for DH?

|

6/21/2022 12:15 PM

Mr.Nally wrote:

One thing people seem to have not grasped fully is that the EWS have essential "dumbed down" the sharp end of the race series ...more

Also seems to be a lot less climbing and more use of shuttles/lifts for liaison stages in recent years? I think back to the crazy Whistler Crankzilla EWS years ago. That was excessive, but as a fan it was cool to see the top athletes put in crazy race runs while fatigued, like TOTW down through RDS at race pace is just crazy let alone having to pedal 2500m+.

|

6/21/2022 1:21 PM

Mr.Nally wrote:

One thing people seem to have not grasped fully is that the EWS have essential "dumbed down" the sharp end of the race series ...more

grambo wrote:

Also seems to be a lot less climbing and more use of shuttles/lifts for liaison stages in recent years? I think back to the ...more

I also remember back in the day, in France, enduro races were much longer and often on 2 days. There were very little shuttling and no practice. Like the tribe 10000 (for 10000m of vertical drop).
I guess it doesn't suit the media coverage and the way enduro is going nowadays.

|

6/21/2022 1:48 PM

StudBeefpile wrote:

Really miss your post race slide shows with interviews from Sven, Borris ect. Felt like that was some of the best insight into ...more

THIS!

Sorry for the slight off-topic, but I miss those so much too!

|

6/21/2022 7:37 PM

Maxipedia wrote:

THIS!

Sorry for the slight off-topic, but I miss those so much too!

No apologies Sir! They were the best and remain the benchmark for all to come.

|

6/21/2022 9:39 PM

I will agree with others - I miss Sven, Boris, etc getting the interviews. That's the thing that kept me coming back. Loved those, and loved the color. Could just be a podcast honestly and skip all the photos (though I love the photos)...

Oh well, something done and dusted I suppose...

|

6/22/2022 3:33 AM

jeff.brines wrote:

I will agree with others - I miss Sven, Boris, etc getting the interviews. That's the thing that kept me coming back. Loved ...more

They're still doing photos and some interviews for some races, on misspentsummers.com.

|

6/22/2022 4:24 AM

Looks like the coverage is improving a bit from Jamnica/Petzen vs. Tweed valley...

|

6/23/2022 7:43 AM

Bit of bike setup talk in here:

It isn't my best work but I will get the hang of it for this format.

Shakedown day could be a chance for me to get some of the extra content that you guys would like.

The interviews on race day would be sweet but I don't want to impose on the guys if they aren't comfortable having that kind of stuff published. I feel like them talking to me is a bit more personal than talking to the media guys. And honestly, Jack gets some really good footage of that stuff. His race day videos are pretty dang good...
|

6/23/2022 11:18 PM

jessemelamed wrote:

Bit of bike setup talk in here:

It isn't my best work but I will get the hang of it for this format.

Shakedown day ...more

Great video and thanks for the insights!

Saw it yesterday and thought back to this thread smile

|