Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Downhill bike

Related:
Create New Tag

10/15/2013 12:18 PM

Hi, i am from argentina, i am about to get a downhill bike, well, i will buy all the parts separate, and after some research i ended up here, now my question is, is this "frame" sorry if it is not the correct word, didn´t know how to say it, its the Vairo zk1 with manitou revox shock, the question is: is it good?

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

10/16/2013 9:09 AM

We don't have them here in the States, but that frame (Your English was pretty good. Just a bit of a run on sentence.) seems to have a suspension design very similar to a few world cup level bikes such as the Comencal. It should have a nice rearward axle path due to that lower link. Some people might not like the Manitou shock, but I've had pretty good luck with one. Just make sure you get set up right with enough pressure in the piggy back if it's not factory sealed. I accidentally ran an older version with no pressure and ruined it. The headtube angle is nice and slack. I don't know the companies reputation, but the design seems solid.

|

10/21/2013 9:19 AM

looks like a KHS 303 DH bike frame lol

|

10/22/2013 6:51 AM

astrizzle wrote:

looks like a KHS 303 DH bike frame lol

I couldn't quite place it. Good Eye. I wonder if that means it likes 27.5s?

|

10/22/2013 9:27 AM

That bike (and the KHS) come from a catalog. You could probably buy that same bike with 10 different company names on it.

|

Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

10/22/2013 9:36 AM

Pictures from a post on Ridemonkey (Thanks Captain Spauldin!)

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo
Photo

Photo

|

10/22/2013 9:38 AM

And further down I found one of those built up.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

12/16/2013 6:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/18/2013 7:34 PM

I have a KHS DH-300 and I'm very impressed by the way the bike handles and pedals… Trust me being on a Demo, Session, Operator, Glory, and more I love this bike the most. I don't even care if theres other brands on it they all know the suspension platform works!

|