Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Did RaceFace cross the finish line?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/11/2011 2:43 PM

tyler morland has an interesting twitter about raceface

# Rumor has it that RaceFace shut its doors yesterday... about 4 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone
|

3/11/2011 2:46 PM

ughh might be the reason why julian went to pinkbike...

|

3/11/2011 2:51 PM

hrmmm. And Chase JUST signed with them too.

|

Remember the Lumber yard, go balls out.
www.lucentproductions.com

3/11/2011 3:43 PM

john p (who works there) posted this on RM

I wish the situation was optimistic, but we've been told the company is going to be liquidated, and 90% of us are unemployed as of next week. They'll keep a few people on to assist with the liquidation.

My tenure with the company has been short, but it's been a fun ride. Thanks to all the great athletes, customers, and media folks I've had the opportunity to work with. Thanks also to the amazing group of coworkers I have out here. All of you make stuff like this hurt a lot less.

--JP

|

3/11/2011 5:21 PM

Oh man that is such a bummer. Not to hate on the phenomenal work done by people in Taiwan and elsewhere overseas but it's nice to have a Canadian company making quality components. Raceface made some of the best looking and performing products out there. They were forward thinking (Ultimate Freeride Challenge, sponsoring What's Next? etc.) and supported some great riders. Hope that someone with deep pockets can sort this out. Raceface, you'll be missed.

|

3/11/2011 6:43 PM

Damn that blows. It seemed to me like Race Face products are everywhere too, in pretty good quantities. I've enjoyed and never had a problem with any of the various Race Face products I've owned over the years.

I feel for all of those employees too. That is the worst part. I'm in the same boat almost. I found out a year ago that the doors will close at the company I work for (American mtb/mx company taking over the distribution in Canada and scrapping us all). Now that day is right around the corner.

These times blow. But on the upside, thanks to unemployment checks I and a few other people will be able to ride as much as we want this Summer with out having to wake up and report to work like a bunch of sheep.

|

3/11/2011 7:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/11/2011 8:51 PM

How to fail as a business in the bike industry:

1. Start selling to MEC
2. Isolate entirety of bike industry
3. Lose distributors
4. Lose shop support
5. Go bankrupt

Good riddance Race Face. Sorry to those of you that are losing your jobs, but how did you not see this coming? Thanks for being a Canadian company and selling pretty much only your low end components in Canada.

To those of you that need warranty from Race Face: GOOD LUCK!!!

|

3/12/2011 5:46 AM

always very sad to see a company like them close its doors and people loose their jobs.
sad

|

3/15/2011 2:04 PM

Recklessness wrote:

How to fail as a business in the bike industry:

1. Start selling to MEC
2. Isolate entirety of bike industry
3. Lose distributors
4. Lose shop support
5. Go bankrupt

Good riddance Race Face. Sorry to those of you that are losing your jobs, but how did you not see this coming? Thanks for being a Canadian company and selling pretty much only your low end components in Canada.

To those of you that need warranty from Race Face: GOOD LUCK!!!

I realize it made a lot of Canadian shops upset, but the MEC deal literally had ZERO to do with RF going tits-up; if anything it allowed us to stay in business longer than we would have otherwise.

In any event, it's a bummer to see that you're so bitter. If you want some perspective, imagine how the 50 men and women (most of whom were passionate bikers) who worked at RF feel now that we're all unemployed. ...It could always be worse.

--John P.

|

John Pentecost// International Sales Pivot Cycles
Skype// john.pentecost72
pivotcycles.com

3/15/2011 3:24 PM

thanks for adding your thoughts here, JP! good luck with everything.

|