Accessibility Widget: On | Off

DON'T STEAL BIKES

Related:
Create New Tag

7/5/2012 12:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2012 11:56 AM

My DHR was stolen out of the bed of my truck at 3:03PM today in the Epicenter Bike Shop parking lot on Baldwin & Mission St. I saw a shady van peeling out around a 1-Way street and a 5 minute car chase later, I got her back.

DON'T STEAL BIKES - More Mountain Bike Videos

It was pretty crazy ordeal because maybe like 45 seconds before I started filming I was going over 60mph+ through stop signs on residential streets with my horn just blasting the entire time trying to catch back up to the van. Never had so much adrenaline rush to my head in my life.

The imbeciles wife was driving the van and he had his pre-teen boy in the passenger seat. I didn't realize this until I blocked them off at a roundabout and finally looked into their van. What's even MORE FVCKED is I didn't actually KNOW that the van stole my bike! I was just running off the assumption because I saw them peeling out up a 1-way street. There was no confirmation that they stole my bike until the very last instant where I drifted left to the roundabout and blocked them into the right. The look on their faces when I jumped out of my car in full RAGE mode was insane. Literally midway through the roundabout I look to my right and I see my seat and top tube through their side windows.

I believe half of the residents on King ST heard me and/or wanted to kill me when I was floored holding my horn down through stop signs trying to catch up to the van. It was the most ****ed up gnarliest ****ing adrenaline. In my head I know that if I was just wrong and the van had nothing to do with it and it was some shady hobo that rode I would likely never see my baby ever again, Put that on top of being so broke my wallet is just a fashion accessory. I was driving for the kill. I wanted to ****ing end them. But then I saw his wife and little kid in the front and the violent impulse faded instantly. I know I got my most prized possession stolen (i don't care about my truck compared to my bike and I love my truck) but scaring this little innocent kid for life was out of the question. I mean **** man, I was wearing flip flops and cut-off jeans. I probably looked mentally insane to them which is why the guy just gave me my bike instead of who knows... Man CRAZY FREAKIN DAY

BEWARE: WHITE&GRAY DODGE RAM 250 VAN - CALIFORNIA LICENSE PLATE 3EMF754
Photo
Photo
|

7/5/2012 8:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2016 10:21 AM

You got it back. That is sweet.

Part of me wants to say speeding through stop signs and crap is completely wrong and not worth it......but yeah. I would probably do the same if my ride was stolen too.

That sucks so much that you had to go through that and that the idiot had to steal it and then try to lie about his BRO having one that looks the same. Fuck those people.

Did you report it to the cops?

|

7/6/2012 8:21 AM

Sweet IGGZ! What self control. I think that I'd at least have kicked his door in to help him remember that lesson.

|

7/6/2012 11:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/6/2012 11:19 AM

THIS IS AWESOME! Thank god you saw the F*** take off! No way could i control myself after something like that...good for you!

|