DH bike ban - MBA at it again!

Edited Date/Time 8/15/2014 11:27am
So,

a lot of posters here probably saw this over on MTBR already, but it's worth a link:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=694587

Gravity riders unite - MBA needs to hear from you just what you think of their proposal (to label and subsequently ban DH bikes from all but specifically designated DH trails or races). I think it's a new low even by their standards.

Oh and I have to laugh as I type this - I'm looking at Brendog shredding his S-works Enduro in the ad to the right...how on earth are MBA going to go about their proposed DH-only bike labelling???
|
bturman
3/21/2011 12:59pm
Here's the article for those that don't have an MTBR account:

3/22/2011 3:49pm
Glad Cleek took a job at Specialized or he'd get a solid kick in the nuts or a stuck lift stop button next time he's at Northstar. Hmmmm maybe he's the reason that MBA was pro DH last year with great coverage of the GRT's and some bike park stuff. Hey Ryan did you pre-read this and figure it was time to move on and closer to our mountain.

OK one reason this will NEVER happen and MBA s**ting in it's own back yard doesn't even put a pimple on our ass. Who's going to enforce it and where is the enforcement budget going to come from? Just when we should as a sport we should be fighting for access as a whole idiots like this divide us once more.

MBA can also be held largely for the demise of sponsorship dollars in the past 10-12 years. In late 2001 maybe 2002 MBA published an article that outlined why it was stupid for any company to sponsor a professional mountain bike team. They went as far as to target Volvo-Cannondale in the article and the next year Volvo was gone. It was written by a failed professional rider that had an axe to grind. That's it.... that's all! Was it the only cause of sponsor dollars to decline... no! You still don't stop from bleeding out by getting slashed in the back with some a-hole's axe that's got a fresh grind.

This is why media venues such as that continue to decline and one such as this and other web based member forum media and networking continues to thrive. The kinda money most of us spend on this stuff anymore we have done a ton of research online, through friends, or at the ever growing amount of traveling demo days. We don't need these wanna be hacks that think they can write because they can ride spoon feeding it to us anymore. Someone we know has one we can borrow the s**t isn't that rare anymore.

It's like reality TV here with all the cool vids that people are allowed to post right on the front page. From Kirt Vories/Allride Chronicles all the way to some shredder kid I've not YET heard of from some town I wouldn't think mountain biking is thriving. In short; less worthless rags and more stuff like I see here. Oh and quite buying their mag!

Post a reply to: DH bike ban - MBA at it again!

The Latest