Accessibility Widget: On | Off
Related:
Create New Tag
alex.hutchinson alex.hutchinson
2/17/2013 4:08 PM

One of the few benefits of living in Florida is the unpredictable wildlife. We may not have mountains but we do have alligators, hogs, deer, armadillos, snakes, rabbits and I most recently ran into some big cats.

I have heard some crazy tales of animals on trails down here, one included an 11 foot Alligator who would not let a full group of riders pass (Without paying a toll).

So, anyone got any crazy animal tales?

Author of the mountain bike book Twisted Trails

Big Bird Big Bird
2/18/2013 5:46 PM

Ah seen a bear in Whistler once. But then again everyone has. In Santa Cruz it's mostly been little kitties, Quite a few bobcats, including one that was running so as to cross the trail and stopped just short, crouched down to watch me pass and I assume kept going. We made eye contact as I flew past. Also, there was an incident with a baby mountain lion that I scared out of the grass and was running home to mama in front of me. I was about to turn around, but it took a left fork in the trail and I went right and fast before mama came running to the rescue. You ever come up on one of them Burmese pythons? Feel free to run it over cause florida aint Burma, or Myanmar for that matter.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry