Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Bike design as a hobby

Related:
Create New Tag

6/2/2021 11:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2021 1:42 AM

Leo Molloy wrote:

Do you think the 62% progression is more "poppy/playful"? It seems to be a toss up weather more linear or progressive ...more

_Lan wrote:

It's quite plush but feels like lacking midstroke support. Also feels like hitting an abrupt wall deep in the travel without ...more

What were the details on this frame (rear hub size, headtube size and angle, bb size)? And that’s a high pivot single pivot, correct?
Also, isn’t this frame with the vertical shock your MK1 frame? And there was a more Canfield-Jedy-looking MK2 frame?

|

6/3/2021 6:52 PM

hitar_potar wrote:

What were the details on this frame (rear hub size, headtube size and angle, bb size)? And that’s a high pivot single pivot, ...more

148mm rear hub
56/56 headtube
63.5HTA
BSA78mm

This is a high pivot horst link bike similar to the GT Fury but with a more rearward axle-path and higher anti-rise.

Yes, this is the MK1, the MK2 was the result of a long lockdown during the start of the pandemic. No riding and having to close shop meant idle hands for designing a low stand-over reverse horstlink bike similar to the Antidote Darkmatter and Devinci Wilson.

Both work fine, the MK1 is just heavier by 400 grams

Next design is a dual short link high pivot gearbox bike. I'll be taking my time with this one though as I'm in no hurry to change bikes.

|

6/4/2021 12:42 AM

Are both frames 200mm travel ones? Only difference is the weight and physical design, or is there a significant difference in how the suspension performs between the two? Also, why are you after a dual short link design as a future project? It’s becoming a real hobby for you?

|

6/20/2021 6:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/21/2021 3:23 AM

_Lan wrote:

148mm rear hub
56/56 headtube
63.5HTA
BSA78mm

This is a high pivot horst link bike similar to the GT Fury but with a more ...more

That’s super nice!
Can you share any frame jig or fabrication pics?
I got a friend to make me an enduro front triangle to go with Scott Gambler carbon rear end.

http://www.egerie-moto.com/

Photo

Photo

|

6/21/2021 7:30 AM

buckoW wrote:

That’s super nice!
Can you share any frame jig or fabrication pics?
I got a friend to make me an enduro front triangle to go ...more

I don't know if you saw it there, but "Spy shots." of your bike showed up in the Tech Rumors thread.

|