Accessibility Widget: On | Off

BRAD is riding his Blur from Santa Cruz all the way to Whistler

Related:
Create New Tag

7/1/2011 11:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2011 3:06 PM

My homie Brad is riding his Santa Cruz Blur LT to Whistler as you're reading this. Today is his 19th birthday.

Photo

Check out this video of his harmonica setup!!!! http://www.the-locs.com/2011/06/riding-to-whistler.html

108 miles

The journey to Canada kicked off on June 19th when Brad left his home in Soquel at 5 in the morning. In the next 15 hours he rode his 9spd bike all the way up HW-1 and over the Golden Gate to a town called Bolinas. Not only did Brad make it the full distance but he did it without any sleep the previous night and still covered over 108 miles! This picture was taken at Bolinas.
Photo

B-RAD is BARGING
Brad left his house at 5am on June 19th.
10 days since hes ridden his bike all the way to Port Orford.
That's averaging over 55 miles a day - This is what 563 miles looks like.
Photo
"I can't believe I made it to Oregon face" - Legend
Photo
Somewhere along the Oregon Coastline - Rain tarps on the trailer
Photo
Hammock Steeze in a rad zone - Guitar of course.
Photo
One of those days............
Photo
Spray painted somewhere up the Oregon Coastline - 'NUFF SAID
Photo

|

7/1/2011 11:17 AM

Whoa, quite a trip. Imagine 1200 miles on the same bike you ride the park with. Too cool.

|

7/1/2011 3:43 PM

Dang! Now THAT is an adventure. Keep us posted on his progress.

|

7/1/2011 8:41 PM

What a champ. I wouldn't want to do that on a nice light road bike, let alone a sick shredding machine like the Blur. Major respect right there.

|

7/2/2011 9:41 PM

Haha very awesome!
That bike looks nuts though with the skinny tires.
what a monster.

|

7/4/2011 7:45 AM

That bar thingee-ma-jig from April Fools that turns gravity machines to pedaling machines, after you replace your rear shock with it, might have come in handy. JK JK :D

|

7/4/2011 8:16 AM

Awesome mission! Love that he brought his guitar too. I've driven that route and it takes a while but it's beautiful.

|

7/4/2011 9:38 AM

Nice work. This is a cool adventure.

Another nutter rode his bike across Canada to Whistler. 2500 miles or so. He did it on an Intense DH bike and then got a job with the mountain when he arrived.

|

7/4/2011 9:49 AM

Legend. Combining, IMHO, the two most rad cycling disciplines, mtb and touring. No front brake too!!

|

7/4/2011 10:35 AM

Brad is the man!

|

7/4/2011 10:45 AM

Best thing I've seen in a while...

|

Memory Pilot Sox, Mudguards, Custom Mudguards

7/4/2011 10:46 AM

What does his route look like the rest of the way?

|

7/4/2011 1:45 PM

I'd laugh if this turned into a forest gump esque mission, hundreds of riders just following behind

|

7/4/2011 2:08 PM

JimEG wrote:

What does his route look like the rest of the way?

He's cruisin up from Seattle to Whistler, Sea to Sky is going to be epic!

|

7/4/2011 2:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2011 3:08 PM

trib wrote:

I'd laugh if this turned into a forest gump esque mission, hundreds of riders just following behind

That would be ridiculously badass and most definitely movie-worthy

|

7/4/2011 3:02 PM

Here's an update on Mr. Pierce who is currently chillin out and eating lunch at Woodburn, Oregon.

Photo

From Woodburn he has 420 miles of epic coastline to cruz up to Whistown. His Dad is going to meet up with him in Portland and Brad will be able to recover for a few days in a hotel. Leaving Portland Brads Dad is going to take his trailer up to Seattle in his car where they'll meet up again while Brad will ride his bike (w/o trailer). Seattle to Whistler is the last leg of the journey and it's just around the corner!

ETA to Whistler: JULY 10TH

|

7/4/2011 4:36 PM

Holy god.. He's going all out.

|

7/4/2011 7:46 PM

Dear Brad, you are a beast. Respect due. I'd buy you a beer or a lift ticket, but maybe you need a front brake first...? ;¬)

|

7/5/2011 8:34 AM

Respect. Heaps of it.

|

fotojournalismus.org

7/5/2011 9:53 AM

YEAH BRAD! hope you're having the time of your life out there

|

7/5/2011 10:47 AM

Rad. Love the pic in Bolinas....you could blindfold him with a piece of string.

|

7/5/2011 1:11 PM

Hey Brad, stop by Creekside in Whistler for a beer! Your killing it dude!

|

7/5/2011 5:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/5/2011 5:50 PM

"To all my friends,

I thank you all for the birthday wishes. They made me feel real good. I have made my way up to Portland Oregon where I have met up with my Dad. It is real nice to finally be with someone I know. A few days of relaxation is much needed at this point and even more importantly a damn BEER! I will soon be in Seattle where I will grunt out the last leg of my journey. My destination is Whistler and my arrival there is drawing soo close I can taste it. Although there has no doubt been some rough moments overall the trip has been truly awesome. I have no regrets what so ever. This country is filled with wonderful people (no doubt a couple shady ones too). I thank you all for the support you have shown in me, it is truly what keeps me going during the rough times. I also apologize for not updating you of my safety this is my first time with access to a computer. But, please know that I am well and very much ALIVE! Cant wait to see you all....

Till next time,
Bradley Pierce"

|

7/5/2011 6:33 PM

Epic!

|

7/5/2011 7:00 PM

Yep, lots of awesome people out there for sure, but if you want to find the sh!theads, ride a bicycle on the road.

Glad the trip has gone safely.

|

7/5/2011 8:03 PM

Such a rad trip. Hope to drop some energy nugs or something on the side of I5 for him.

|

7/8/2011 9:09 PM

BOOSH! Brad made it to Whistler!

Photo from Eric Lawrenuk:

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

7/9/2011 1:04 AM

yewwww brad ur the man!

|

7/9/2011 8:05 AM

Way to go Brad. You are in fact, The Man. With a weeks rest, you should be able to get up on the mountain. Slap on that front brake and enjoy some coasting down the hills. Congratulations!

|

7/9/2011 7:57 PM

Nice work!!! Rest up for some runs! No Joke and In Deep are calling your name.

|

Jackwagon79