Accessibility Widget: On | Off

BMX alienation pbr rim / hub big problems?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/3/2014 5:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2014 5:04 AM

Hi. I bought a alienation pbr rim laced to a fit casset 9t driver. My friend had taken it all a part because it had made banging noise when ever you cranked and sold it to me for 25 bucks{ not a bad deal for somthing worth 100} thinking that it was fixed bought it got rid of my old rim because it was crap. took it to my local bike shop. today got it and riding it started making that noise and also skipping i really dont want to wait till christmas to get a new rim so i want to buy new hardware if thats possible to repair the old parts. my friend said its missing a berring or somthing but all i no is this,bottom line you crank and it skips with a fast jerk forward and its the hub thts the problem. plzzzzzzzanswere if you know anything about hubs and repair
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

6/3/2014 9:01 AM

probably best to contact fit since it's their hub. they'll know about replacement parts and service.

also try vitalbmx.com forum for help

|

6/3/2014 9:26 AM

It sounds to me like it's missing one of the pawls as opposed to a bearing. Do call Fit, but I'm guessing a new driver with fresh pawls will do the trick.

|