Allmountain/ Enduro? and Trail bikes

Smithwell
Call me stupid ,but the more i research into bikes, the more complex it is and the more confused I get. So I have a 2016 Giant Trance 27.5 3 trail bike, and I love the thing ,but would eventually like to upgrade. I ride Long island Ny trails mainly , but I like to ride more aggressively and would like to branch out to trails farther away. I have a YT tues AL, I am a down hill rider in the summer, so I know what different disciplines feel like. Comparing the YT Jeffsey and Capra I would like to know which one to aim for. My trance to me feels like it will eventually fall apart if I ride it on harder trails and conditions, so thats why I looked into an Enduro/Allmountain bike. The extra travel seems like it would be great, but I don't know if I can use an Enduro bike as a trail bike. Is Enduro really the all arounder? (I also like to Jump the thing, and the back axle doesn't seem to keep the wheel tight, so that's why Im scared it will fall to pieces lol)
|
bturman
4/5/2018 4:25pm
It's not always super clear, that's for sure!

Vital has reviewed several YT bikes, including the Jeffsy 27, Jeffsy 29, a few of the old Capras, and the Tues. You can find those reviews here. There are also brand new Capra models to consider.

It's sounds as though you're looking for an increase from the 140mm of travel you currently have. The new Capra is a big bike at 170/180mm in 27.5 or 160/170mm in 29, and may be a lot for a daily driver. Considering you already have a DH bike, the Jeffsy 27 might be your best bet.
Smithwell
4/5/2018 4:48pm
bturman wrote:
It's not always super clear, that's for sure! Vital has reviewed several YT bikes, including the Jeffsy 27, Jeffsy 29, a few of the old Capras...
It's not always super clear, that's for sure!

Vital has reviewed several YT bikes, including the Jeffsy 27, Jeffsy 29, a few of the old Capras, and the Tues. You can find those reviews here. There are also brand new Capra models to consider.

It's sounds as though you're looking for an increase from the 140mm of travel you currently have. The new Capra is a big bike at 170/180mm in 27.5 or 160/170mm in 29, and may be a lot for a daily driver. Considering you already have a DH bike, the Jeffsy 27 might be your best bet.
Thank you! Big help as I really needed some direction.

Post a reply to: Allmountain/ Enduro? and Trail bikes

The Latest