2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Related:
jackheat
1/29/2022 12:37am
grambo wrote:
Remy Morton is another one that comes to mind... he has produced a couple amazing edits, but doesn't seem to have frame/suspension sponsorship? Weird to be...
Remy Morton is another one that comes to mind... he has produced a couple amazing edits, but doesn't seem to have frame/suspension sponsorship? Weird to be on Red Bull and not have a full program dialed in.
commencal bikes and ext?
iRider
1/29/2022 1:10am
Looks like Sam Gale is no longer riding for Pivot Factory Racing and no 2022 listing for him on UCI website... PFR Team
In his recent vlogs he is still on his Pivot and repping them and Fox gear.
1/29/2022 1:41am
Looks like Sam Gale is no longer riding for Pivot Factory Racing and no 2022 listing for him on UCI website... PFR Team
iRider wrote:
In his recent vlogs he is still on his Pivot and repping them and Fox gear.
Actually yeah, makes sense... Harking back to an interview Sammie G did in 2020 on the "other" website, he says that he rides for Pivot with some factory support.
1/29/2022 12:59pm
Actually yeah, makes sense... Harking back to an interview Sammie G did in 2020 on the "other" website, he says that he rides for Pivot with...
Actually yeah, makes sense... Harking back to an interview Sammie G did in 2020 on the "other" website, he says that he rides for Pivot with some factory support.
Like his bike from last year...Tongue
1/29/2022 1:26pm
Actually yeah, makes sense... Harking back to an interview Sammie G did in 2020 on the "other" website, he says that he rides for Pivot with...
Like his bike from last year...Tongue
🤫 Last year he was listed as a rider for PFR on the UCI website (PFR 2021), this year he is not... 😘
veefour
1/30/2022 5:31am
C-LION wrote:
Yes indeed, but I fear since the UCI has published the 2022 team list, we won’t have many new rumors - at least on the racing...
Yes indeed, but I fear since the UCI has published the 2022 team list, we won’t have many new rumors - at least on the racing side. Or should we already start discussing team rumors for 2023? 😅

Still very curious to find out for which brand Brett Rheeder will ride in the future.
Mick Hannah on leaving the UR team.
" I had an opportunity present itself that aligns better with my family and racing goals and I made the tough decision to leave the team. UR Team has been completely supportive and helpful through this process and I will always be grateful for them."
It'll be interesting to see what he does next.
metadave
1/30/2022 11:32am
C-LION wrote:
Yes indeed, but I fear since the UCI has published the 2022 team list, we won’t have many new rumors - at least on the racing...
Yes indeed, but I fear since the UCI has published the 2022 team list, we won’t have many new rumors - at least on the racing side. Or should we already start discussing team rumors for 2023? 😅

Still very curious to find out for which brand Brett Rheeder will ride in the future.
veefour wrote:
Mick Hannah on leaving the UR team. " I had an opportunity present itself that aligns better with my family and racing goals and I made...
" I had an opportunity present itself that aligns better with my family and racing goals and I made the tough decision to leave the team. UR Team has been completely supportive and helpful through this process and I will always be grateful for them."
I may be wrong but I remember something about him living on Colorado or something a few years ago? If he still does could he be going to a Colorado company close to home?
hogfly
1/31/2022 7:07am
C-LION wrote:

veefour wrote:
Mick Hannah on leaving the UR team. " I had an opportunity present itself that aligns better with my family and racing goals and I made...
Didn't Mick "retire" from racing DH this year? It wouldn't have made sense for him to be on UR still anyway, would it?
veefour
1/31/2022 7:38am Edited Date/Time 1/31/2022 7:39am
hogfly wrote:
Didn't Mick "retire" from racing DH this year? It wouldn't have made sense for him to be on UR still anyway, would it?
He's retired from WC racing. He says in this podcast that he'll still be racing Crankworx and some North American DH races.
https://blisterreview.com/podcasts/mick-hannah-ep-89
It sounds like it was his decision to leave UR, rather than them ending his contract.
Big Bird
1/31/2022 7:54am
metadave wrote:
I may be wrong but I remember something about him living on Colorado or something a few years ago? If he still does could he be...
I may be wrong but I remember something about him living on Colorado or something a few years ago? If he still does could he be going to a Colorado company close to home?
Guerilla Gravity with Barelli perhaps? Or Reeb with Linosky?
metadave
1/31/2022 8:10am
metadave wrote:
I may be wrong but I remember something about him living on Colorado or something a few years ago? If he still does could he be...
Big Bird wrote:
I was thinking GG would be a good fit
groghunter
1/31/2022 9:23am
metadave wrote:
Big Bird wrote:
It's worth noting that REEB might be in a bit of flux since Oskar Blues sold to Monster Energy. https://denver.cbslocal.com/2022/01/14/oskar-blues-brewing-sold-deal-ca…
mixmastamikal
1/31/2022 12:28pm Edited Date/Time 1/31/2022 12:37pm
metadave wrote:
Big Bird wrote:
groghunter wrote:
It's worth noting that REEB might be in a bit of flux since Oskar Blues sold to Monster Energy. https://denver.cbslocal.com/2022/01/14/oskar-blues-brewing-sold-deal-ca…
Is interesting given their connection but I think they are separate companies? REEB announced the Sqweeb V4 very recently so I would think they will continue on business as usual.

As for Mick I am very interested to see what he has planned if it is working with a Colorado company given that he likely will spend much of his time in Crested Butte. There are a ton of possibilities given all the brands based there like Canfield, Yeti, REEB, Revel, GG, Alchemy, Spot, also Commencal USA is headquartered there. Not to mention all the smaller custom bike builders as well.
groghunter
1/31/2022 12:39pm Edited Date/Time 1/31/2022 12:46pm
Big Bird wrote:
groghunter wrote:
Is interesting given their connection but I think they are separate companies? REEB announced the Sqweeb V4 very recently so I would think they will continue...
Is interesting given their connection but I think they are separate companies? REEB announced the Sqweeb V4 very recently so I would think they will continue on business as usual.

As for Mick I am very interested to see what he has planned if it is working with a Colorado company given that he likely will spend much of his time in Crested Butte. There are a ton of possibilities given all the brands based there like Canfield, Yeti, REEB, Revel, GG, Alchemy, Spot, also Commencal USA is headquartered there. Not to mention all the smaller custom bike builders as well.
I can't find definitive info one way or the other. but just because they released a new bike doesn't mean that there might not be some pressure on them to not increase their sponsorship budget, if they were part of the sale. I mean, I can't really see Monster wanting to stay in the bike business.

Edit to address your edit: Canfield seems like a decent thought. Revel doesn't currently make a DH bike, though they could, same with Alchemy and Spot.

As much as people want to go back to the days of the 303, I don't see Yeti sponsoring someone for DH. They just seem entirely uninterested. They never even released a new DJ after the furor over Rheed Boggs's sponsorship, and him riding a 10+yo DJ frame.
1/31/2022 2:01pm
Why is it geographic proximity is a goto reason for a possible sponsorship? Mick lives in CO, but why does that mean he'll end up at a CO based company? That's up there with with rider's ending up at a company because a SO is sponsored by the same company.. Not to many CO based companies pumping out DH bikes.. Granted, he's looking at a limited schedule and could probably ride an enduro rig at most Crankworks events..
metadave
1/31/2022 2:55pm
Why is it geographic proximity is a goto reason for a possible sponsorship? Mick lives in CO, but why does that mean he'll end up at...
Why is it geographic proximity is a goto reason for a possible sponsorship? Mick lives in CO, but why does that mean he'll end up at a CO based company? That's up there with with rider's ending up at a company because a SO is sponsored by the same company.. Not to many CO based companies pumping out DH bikes.. Granted, he's looking at a limited schedule and could probably ride an enduro rig at most Crankworks events..
I think if he's Colorado based and wants a job, riding for a local company who he can help with R&D without having to leave home for testing with the designers would be a very attractive prospect for anyone who's been traveling half the year for 20 years.
iwil815
2/1/2022 3:50pm
When do they announce the EWS teams?
I am not sure if there is a full team announcement like DH or XC since there isn't really a governing body like UCI for the EWS
nskerb
2/1/2022 4:12pm
iwil815 wrote:
I am not sure if there is a full team announcement like DH or XC since there isn't really a governing body like UCI for the...
I am not sure if there is a full team announcement like DH or XC since there isn't really a governing body like UCI for the EWS
UCI governs EWS
iwil815
2/1/2022 4:15pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2022 4:17pm
nskerb wrote:
UCI governs EWS
If i recall it wasn't full governance? I know they came in for doping control and a few others but I didn't think it was full governance like DH or XC. Its not the UCI Enduro series like the other disciplines and aren't listed on the UCI site as a discipline. Maybe Im wrong, but the setup isn't exactly the same I dont think. Anywho, back to the few remaining rumors.
2/2/2022 5:11am
FqqTBawL wrote:
Bex on a Privateer in her latest IG story
I think she is the last piece of the puzzle to the 2022 Team rumors.
Bex next level trolling....

Still up in the air with Flo Nicolai
2/2/2022 8:59am
FqqTBawL wrote:
Bex on a Privateer in her latest IG story
I think she is the last piece of the puzzle to the 2022 Team rumors.
Nohadream1 wrote:
Bex next level trolling....

Still up in the air with Flo Nicolai
Flo posted a picture with his new BH bike several days ago but deleted it quickly.
2/2/2022 9:14am
Flo posted a picture with his new BH bike several days ago but deleted it quickly.
Seems he went that way, Galfer also mentioned he was in the BH team on a recent news in their website.

Whattheheel
2/2/2022 10:04am
Neko just got some 246mm rotors from Galfer that makes my head want to pop. After rocking their 180's and pads in my Guides, I could not fathom that power!! I am also not Neko so...
Primoz
2/2/2022 10:18am
When will 203 mm rotors just die already and everybody will start making the logical +20 mm 200 mm rotors? And by extension 220. Add a 240 if needed.

Post a reply to: 2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

The Latest