2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Related:
pinkrobe
1/28/2022 7:19am
schwaaa31 wrote:
Miranda Miller on the Kona SGR DH team.
With Noah Hofmann [?], according to the team list. I'm a bit surprised...
hd4rider
1/28/2022 7:34am
No more Blenki in the UCI team Sad

https://www.uci.org/team-details/17516
mwolpin wrote:
Hunh? He's literally the first rider on the list when you expand the riders section. [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2022/01/28/11938/s1200_Snip20220128_1.jpg[/img]
Hunh? He's literally the first rider on the list when you expand the riders section.

I can confirm that he wasn't there earlier. He must have been left out by mistake.
mwolpin
1/28/2022 7:44am
hd4rider wrote:
I can confirm that he wasn't there earlier. He must have been left out by mistake.
I don't doubt you at all. We're talking about the UCI here...
krabo83
1/28/2022 7:59am
emilie siegenthaler is still listed on the pivot team despite retiring after the 2021 saison.
SJC
1/28/2022 8:04am
Jacob Dickson listed on MS Mondraker
PisgahGnar
1/28/2022 8:55am
Colin Mulally is listed as a member of Frameworks Racing along with Neko.
dolface
1/28/2022 9:01am
krabo83 wrote:
emilie siegenthaler is still listed on the pivot team despite retiring after the 2021 saison.
There was some speculation earlier about her taking on a management role there, no idea if it was ever confirmed tho. Also some hints that BK's role might be changing (he does pretty much all the team manager tasks and somehow still manages to train and race, dude could use some help).
Bedlam
1/28/2022 9:45am
krabo83 wrote:
dolface wrote:
There was some speculation earlier about her taking on a management role there, no idea if it was ever confirmed tho. Also some hints that BK's...
There was some speculation earlier about her taking on a management role there, no idea if it was ever confirmed tho. Also some hints that BK's role might be changing (he does pretty much all the team manager tasks and somehow still manages to train and race, dude could use some help).
If memory serves me right BK's California LSD series started off with him getting coaching and saying that he wanted to have a serious go at the podium this season. Emilie moving into a management position should take some of the team responsibility off BK's back letting him focus more on his own racing?
Maxipedia
1/28/2022 10:40am Edited Date/Time 1/28/2022 10:48am
...and I thought Lance Stephenson is playing his air guitar again for the Indiana Pacers, where in reality he's team managing the South African Computer Mania team, where Theo Erlangsen rides. Sheesh!

Also, Martin Whiteley is team managing Neko's Frame Works squad during his sabbatical. Wink

Mx
Zero Cool
1/28/2022 10:41am
Tarhic wrote:
Carson Storch without a frame deal for 2022 …. *faceplan*
C-LION wrote:
Shocked - one of the best freeride athletes without a frame sponsor. Same happened to Adolf Silva if I am correct. Is creating content more important...
Shocked - one of the best freeride athletes without a frame sponsor. Same happened to Adolf Silva if I am correct. Is creating content more important than talent/skills?
Pretty much, it’s about getting coverage for their sponsors which lead to sales (hopefully), that’s why the likes of Brendan Fairclough make great money (presumably) even though he hasn’t one or podiumed in a long time but produces loads of content/publicity for his sponsors.
trexyz
1/28/2022 12:05pm
As I said on a previous post… it looks like Valentina Roa Sanchez will race for Probuilds Racing. Keep in mind this name. The future of female downhill racing looks good.
C-LION
1/28/2022 12:17pm
Not a team rumor, but a bike rumor.

„Our soon-to-be-revealed new weapon“ …any clue what they mean with this phrase? My best guess is that they will just reveal their new part sponsors (like TRP) and team rider, etc. Or do you think they made some significant changes to their Supreme DH prototype? Either way, I am excited for the upcoming season!

mwolpin
1/28/2022 12:20pm
C-LION wrote:
Not a team rumor, but a bike rumor. „Our soon-to-be-revealed new weapon“ …any clue what they mean with this phrase? My best guess is that they...

„Our soon-to-be-revealed new weapon“ …any clue what they mean with this phrase? My best guess is that they will just reveal their new part sponsors (like TRP) and team rider, etc. Or do you think they made some significant changes to their Supreme DH prototype? Either way, I am excited for the upcoming season!

Probably just the production version of the Supreme DH. They were all racing prototypes last year.
C-LION
1/28/2022 12:28pm
C-LION wrote:
Not a team rumor, but a bike rumor. „Our soon-to-be-revealed new weapon“ …any clue what they mean with this phrase? My best guess is that they...

mwolpin wrote:
Probably just the production version of the Supreme DH. They were all racing prototypes last year.
This would be awesome 😍 Max Commencal said in an interview with Wyn that they are going to release new bikes in 2022 and I would not be surprised if the new Supreme DH V5 would be one of them…. so, let‘s see.
vweb
1/28/2022 12:53pm
And a Meta HP maybe. And a BMX now ^^

But let's stick to team rumours Wink
C-LION
1/28/2022 1:06pm
vweb wrote:
And a Meta HP maybe. And a BMX now ^^

But let's stick to team rumours Wink
Yes indeed, but I fear since the UCI has published the 2022 team list, we won’t have many new rumors - at least on the racing side. Or should we already start discussing team rumors for 2023? 😅

Still very curious to find out for which brand Brett Rheeder will ride in the future.
dolface
1/28/2022 1:46pm
C-LION wrote:
Yes indeed, but I fear since the UCI has published the 2022 team list, we won’t have many new rumors - at least on the racing...
Yes indeed, but I fear since the UCI has published the 2022 team list, we won’t have many new rumors - at least on the racing side. Or should we already start discussing team rumors for 2023? 😅

Still very curious to find out for which brand Brett Rheeder will ride in the future.
Still have a few EWS to confirm I think? Bex, Florian, who else?
grambo
1/29/2022 12:30am
Tarhic wrote:
Carson Storch without a frame deal for 2022 …. *faceplan*
Carson is one of those guys where keeping it real is costing him a paycheck. Nothing wrong with that but he doesn’t exactly produce a ton...
Carson is one of those guys where keeping it real is costing him a paycheck. Nothing wrong with that but he doesn’t exactly produce a ton of content. That said he has a fair number of local sponsors who benefit a lot from how much he kicks it around Oregon. Hopefully some of them can step up support in Rocky’s absence.
Remy Morton is another one that comes to mind... he has produced a couple amazing edits, but doesn't seem to have frame/suspension sponsorship? Weird to be on Red Bull and not have a full program dialed in.

Post a reply to: 2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

The Latest