2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Related:
peecee
1/23/2022 6:10pm
Anywayyyyy, back to the team rumors. Seems like the only team rumors left to solve are on the EWS side
What about angel suarez ? Brannigan ?
brash
1/23/2022 8:26pm
and the whole cathro/pb team thingy
nollak
1/23/2022 11:41pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2022 11:42pm
Anywayyyyy, back to the team rumors. Seems like the only team rumors left to solve are on the EWS side
peecee wrote:

Well the Brannigan thing seems to be solved.

Also Suntour finally has a 29" Casting :D
moritz
1/23/2022 11:48pm
What is happening with Blenkinsop? His Instagram accounts don‘t exist anymore?!
metadave
1/24/2022 1:04am
moritz wrote:
Blenki off insta, racing for tumbr
veefour
1/24/2022 1:07am Edited Date/Time 1/24/2022 1:16am
moritz wrote:
metadave wrote:
Blenki off insta, racing for tumbr
He wasn't at the 1st round of the NZ nationals, which was surprising.

Maxipedia
1/24/2022 2:01am
Isn't Blenki a dad since pretty recently? Maybe his priorities changed. Although this usually comes with an announcement. I'm somehow sure we will hear from him soon. Or the UCI official teams list...

@dolface - you are very right, but I wasn't trying to throw shade at any tire brand. Maxxis are the bar since a long time, since they offered tires that were good, affordable and came in an array of options. Hard to mess with that! Of course I would like it that more brands were at the same level of performance and somehow I suspect they are, but a racer's habit probably weighs more than we know. Gwin's Onza tires were appreciated, somehow it didn't work out with Kenda, but maybe it will with Vee Rubber. Not a Gwin fan, but I respect the man and I wish him to return to his A-game, to make it more interesting!

Mx
JamesR_2026
1/24/2022 3:53am
peecee wrote:
nollak wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2022/01/23/11909/s1200_p6pb21968290.jpg[/img] Well the Brannigan thing seems to be solved. Also Suntour finally has a 29" Casting :D

Well the Brannigan thing seems to be solved.

Also Suntour finally has a 29" Casting :D
I hope there's a set on the way to Kye pretty soon.
Also..... Kenda prototype tyres!
1/24/2022 4:41am
Angel Suarez announced as Commencal 100% rider on Commencal Team web page
1/24/2022 6:30am
chacou wrote:
Is that Carson Storch pushing a GT with Maguras up at Freeride Fiesta?
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/21951145
Is the guy next to him Nicholi Rogatkin on a cannonade?
Any more spy shots of Nicholi potentially riding a cannondale?
He was on his OLD demo at the freeride fiesta. And suprisingly, was in a full face with a visor!
alidhojd
1/24/2022 6:36am
Is that bex Turquoise yeti on @adrenalinuplift story?
1/24/2022 8:12am
alidhojd wrote:
Is that bex Turquoise yeti on @adrenalinuplift story?
Probably - seems its been taken down?
derelict
1/24/2022 8:15am
Rol wrote:
All the Gwin hate is just silly stupid. Why on earth would you mericans destroy the heritage of your best rider of all time? Who of...
All the Gwin hate is just silly stupid.
Why on earth would you mericans destroy the heritage of your best rider of all time? Who of you all knows enough to give a real inside view? Who of you earned money as a professional sportsman? Who of you runs a team? Who of you gave chances to other riders? Who of you did develop products? Who of you was really nice to most people you met at a race? Who of you having so strong opinions are actual riders competing for something?

I find you are a bunch of disrespectful people who would benefit a lot by just being quite and holding back your unqualified opinins.
Primoz wrote:
Well at the end of the day, the riders have the sponsors that they have either because of the results (Gwin had a ton of those)...
Well at the end of the day, the riders have the sponsors that they have either because of the results (Gwin had a ton of those), but more and more so because of the following they have among the public. Social media mostly (sadly), but public nontheless.

As long as the results are there, the marketing departments can sell products through those, but once the results are not coming as often as they did, the other part becomes really important.

The point I'm trying to make? It's hard to have a following if, for whatever reason, the rider, driver, sportsman, public persona, whatever, is not relatable.

Yeah, we are being hard on Gwin. Are we as hard on Minnaar? On Hart? The list of people that are very likeable is really long here. With some people it could be a calculated thing, they can be assholes in private, but that just means they play the game better than others.

Gwin is playing the game that he chose. Kudos to him to earn bags of money, he's earning more than I or most people on this forum ever will. Does any of that mean we still have to clap at him or for him at every step and like him? That we (the public) can't say we don't like either his behaviour, his actions, him? Nope. There is a line regarding what can and can't, should or shouldn't be said, but we can always voice our disagreements.

These riders are, in part, where they are because of us. It's only logical that we have a vote in it all.
I just want to make it clear that I'm not hating on Gwin, but I am being critical of the tyre choice. I would love to...
I just want to make it clear that I'm not hating on Gwin, but I am being critical of the tyre choice.
I would love to see him back in the mix and challenging for wins.
Maybe if he can stay off the ground, busts out a sharpie and spends a month in Morzine focusing in Euro mud and steeps he can do it.
I am also not hating on Gwin. He seems like a stand up dude. What does disappoint me is that the Intense program never really lives up to what it should/ could be. There does not seem to be a bunch of time placed into training in Euro type tracks. That might be changing now seeing how he is also East Coast based so he get ride mud, cold, rain, rocks, and roots. The SoCal riding is not the same.

I am also looking forward to seeing if my hunch about his bike is true. I saw raised seat stays and a rocker which gives me hope that the new "prototype" frame might "look like a Session", which is a hell of a lot better than what is going on the past few years.

I am hoping that they make it work. I would hate to see Dak suffer, with the heights he is hitting lately, due to a crappy frame design.

I am also hoping that Neko rips it this year on his own frame and program.
1/24/2022 10:34am
Primoz wrote:
Well at the end of the day, the riders have the sponsors that they have either because of the results (Gwin had a ton of those)...
Well at the end of the day, the riders have the sponsors that they have either because of the results (Gwin had a ton of those), but more and more so because of the following they have among the public. Social media mostly (sadly), but public nontheless.

As long as the results are there, the marketing departments can sell products through those, but once the results are not coming as often as they did, the other part becomes really important.

The point I'm trying to make? It's hard to have a following if, for whatever reason, the rider, driver, sportsman, public persona, whatever, is not relatable.

Yeah, we are being hard on Gwin. Are we as hard on Minnaar? On Hart? The list of people that are very likeable is really long here. With some people it could be a calculated thing, they can be assholes in private, but that just means they play the game better than others.

Gwin is playing the game that he chose. Kudos to him to earn bags of money, he's earning more than I or most people on this forum ever will. Does any of that mean we still have to clap at him or for him at every step and like him? That we (the public) can't say we don't like either his behaviour, his actions, him? Nope. There is a line regarding what can and can't, should or shouldn't be said, but we can always voice our disagreements.

These riders are, in part, where they are because of us. It's only logical that we have a vote in it all.
I just want to make it clear that I'm not hating on Gwin, but I am being critical of the tyre choice. I would love to...
I just want to make it clear that I'm not hating on Gwin, but I am being critical of the tyre choice.
I would love to see him back in the mix and challenging for wins.
Maybe if he can stay off the ground, busts out a sharpie and spends a month in Morzine focusing in Euro mud and steeps he can do it.
derelict wrote:
I am also not hating on Gwin. He seems like a stand up dude. What does disappoint me is that the Intense program never really lives...
I am also not hating on Gwin. He seems like a stand up dude. What does disappoint me is that the Intense program never really lives up to what it should/ could be. There does not seem to be a bunch of time placed into training in Euro type tracks. That might be changing now seeing how he is also East Coast based so he get ride mud, cold, rain, rocks, and roots. The SoCal riding is not the same.

I am also looking forward to seeing if my hunch about his bike is true. I saw raised seat stays and a rocker which gives me hope that the new "prototype" frame might "look like a Session", which is a hell of a lot better than what is going on the past few years.

I am hoping that they make it work. I would hate to see Dak suffer, with the heights he is hitting lately, due to a crappy frame design.

I am also hoping that Neko rips it this year on his own frame and program.
Nuance and context is difficult to determine on the internet especially when often people don’t put much an effort into making sure they aren’t taken the wrong way. I am as guilty as anyone else.

That said the greedy gwin guys can all fuck off. The libertards who can’t tell the difference between Floridaman and someone with extremely common and wholesome views that are on the other side of the aisle can fuck off too. (I am extremely progressive In my political views) As well as the ones who can’t seem to grasp that Aaron and John are great friends with a healthy working relationship. I have no issue with someone saying hey I wish Aaron was doing better or kenda is effecting his results, (kenda tires are not top tier) or even hey I’m not that a big fan and rather see so and so on the top step. It’s the attacks on his character and motivations that I find completely ignorant and reflective of some of mankind’s tendency to be shitty toward others.
1/24/2022 12:04pm
Been fun this Silly Season, folks! Thanks for the rumors, updates and behind the scenes info.

Cheers!
groghunter
1/24/2022 2:01pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2022 2:06pm
Rol wrote:
All the Gwin hate is just silly stupid. Why on earth would you mericans destroy the heritage of your best rider of all time? Who of...
All the Gwin hate is just silly stupid.
Why on earth would you mericans destroy the heritage of your best rider of all time? Who of you all knows enough to give a real inside view? Who of you earned money as a professional sportsman? Who of you runs a team? Who of you gave chances to other riders? Who of you did develop products? Who of you was really nice to most people you met at a race? Who of you having so strong opinions are actual riders competing for something?

I find you are a bunch of disrespectful people who would benefit a lot by just being quite and holding back your unqualified opinins.
Primoz wrote:

It's not just relatability, it's partly that certain personality traits are a benefit for a public figure. People love loud an bombastic people like Tippie, but he's said himself that he was a pretty terrible person when he was taking drugs, and he was using during most of the height of his fame.

Gwin just isn't a super personable guy during interviews and such. there's nothing wrong with that, but it's a disadvantage as a public figure. Gee gets kinda tarred with the same brush.

Edit: what i should have made more clear, is that Gwin sometimes comes off as kinda arrogant when getting interviewed and such, but that doesn't really mean anything about his actual personality, the same way that Tippie seemed like great fun back in the day, but was apparently kinda an ass.
JoseMPM
1/24/2022 3:35pm
Thomas_Klm wrote:
Angel Suarez announced as Commencal 100% rider on Commencal Team web page
Source?
Haggis
1/24/2022 3:44pm
brash wrote:
and the whole cathro/pb team thingy
Other than at least 10 pepole being involved (per cathro's story a few days ago) not much. But I'd be willing to bet that sana cruz and fox suspension are sponsors.
1/24/2022 5:05pm
Did anyone else notice Darren Berrecloth on a transition at the freeride fiesta (in his reels)? With alotta deity kit dripping off it? And marzochii suspension? Seems like it’s about time he get a new ride…. But a whole new program ?
metadave
1/24/2022 5:51pm
Did anyone else notice Darren Berrecloth on a transition at the freeride fiesta (in his reels)? With alotta deity kit dripping off it? And marzochii suspension...
Did anyone else notice Darren Berrecloth on a transition at the freeride fiesta (in his reels)? With alotta deity kit dripping off it? And marzochii suspension? Seems like it’s about time he get a new ride…. But a whole new program ?
I just saw that. Interesting.
jazza_wil
1/24/2022 10:22pm
Did anyone else notice Darren Berrecloth on a transition at the freeride fiesta (in his reels)? With alotta deity kit dripping off it? And marzochii suspension...
His pov post from 3 days ago still has him on a dvo fork. It kinda looked like he was just holding that Spire in the truck, it also had a boxxer on the front, would be odd to get a deal riding 2 different suspension companies

1/25/2022 6:34am
I have to agree. Maybe I got too excited. Darren on a transition sounds rad!! Plus looks like the old canyons still in his other recent posts......
Petder
1/25/2022 6:46am
Sorry it is on the "other" website. But still cool thought.
1/25/2022 7:00am
jazza_wil wrote:
His pov post from 3 days ago still has him on a dvo fork. It kinda looked like he was just holding that Spire in the...
His pov post from 3 days ago still has him on a dvo fork. It kinda looked like he was just holding that Spire in the truck, it also had a boxxer on the front, would be odd to get a deal riding 2 different suspension companies

Maybe he doesn't have anything in place...

Post a reply to: 2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

The Latest