Accessibility Widget: On | Off

2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Create New Tag

1/14/2022 2:33 AM

obskwr wrote:

Itching to know where George and Tuhoto end up.

Can’t see either on intense with Gwin but I believe George and Gwin were ...more

tuhoto to propain factory? or maybe dak?

|

1/14/2022 2:55 AM

swadd1er wrote:

Jono Jones looks to be on Propain frames for 2022. Helfares recent IG post.

kevroberts wrote:

I think this has been known for a little while now… his brother posted a photo of him in Helfare gear with a propain bike on ...more

puddings wrote:

Despite which he posted a picture on his own IG yesterday showing the bike frame and brand hidden - either he was still riding ...more

Spotted that also and thought it was a bit strange. Brink did a shop ride with a load of people there and Jono was on the propain then and definitely wasn’t hiding it (that might have also been the same day that Matt posted the photo I referenced)

Jono even joked that it wasn’t exactly hard to guess on his recent post…
Photo

|

1/14/2022 2:56 AM

|

1/14/2022 3:35 AM

I have a feeling there could be some sort of YT team this season after all. Oisin is happily tagging them on his instagram. Does not look like he is making a switch. YT even responded with 👀 to someone mentioning him still riding YT.

|

1/14/2022 3:44 AM

stefkrger wrote:

I have a feeling there could be some sort of YT team this season after all. Oisin is happily tagging them on his instagram. ...more

Doesn’t have YT tagged in his bio like other sponsors, not sure if it’s been removed or was never there

|

1/14/2022 4:36 AM

stefkrger wrote:

I have a feeling there could be some sort of YT team this season after all. Oisin is happily tagging them on his instagram. ...more

Sol.Cob wrote:

Doesn’t have YT tagged in his bio like other sponsors, not sure if it’s been removed or was never there

One “team” that hasn’t been discussed anywhere is Cathro’s team that he’s putting together. Now, I don’t think that Oisin would be on if, as Ben said it’s going to be really an attempt to develop talent (more like the Union) than sign big names… but still. Curious where that goes.

|

1/14/2022 5:49 AM

hogfly wrote:

One “team” that hasn’t been discussed anywhere is Cathro’s team that he’s putting together. Now, I don’t think that Oisin ...more

is he still riding SC bikes?

|

1/14/2022 5:56 AM

jonkranked wrote:

is he still riding SC bikes?

I listened to the podcast on Downtime, and I honestly can't remember if he mentioned the frame sponsor for the team.

|

1/14/2022 5:59 AM

Gwin, Dak, Breeden and Sherlock = Intense Factory Racing 2022
https://www.vitalmtb.com/news/press-release/Gwin-Dakotah-Breeden-and-Sherlock-Intense-Factory-Racing-2022,5018
Photo

no specific sponsor details listed in PR, but "mostly staying the same" is the report.

|

1/14/2022 6:03 AM

Intense should just launch a bike already.

|

1/14/2022 6:05 AM

sspomer wrote:

...more

Did Gwin write the PR for this? Dak is current national champ with a very small mention of it.

|

1/14/2022 6:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2022 6:13 AM

sspomer wrote:

...more

tullie wrote:

Did Gwin write the PR for this? Dak is current national champ with a very small mention of it.

It's literally in the first sentence of the press release and mentioned again in the section about him...

|

1/14/2022 6:53 AM

sspomer wrote:

...more

tullie wrote:

millsr4 wrote:

It's literally in the first sentence of the press release and mentioned again in the section about him...

I Hope Dak will boost Gwin's pace this season. It could be a really successful team or another year of bike setup problems and excuses.

Dak will get the first win. Come on m8

|

1/14/2022 7:19 AM

It's somewhat funny/ironic that Dak seems to be following Neko. What the over/under on him starting his own frame design in 2-3 years?

|

1/14/2022 8:00 AM

Lew Buchanan to ENVE officially
-------------------------------
Photo
Lew Buchanan Signs with ENVE Components as Wheel Sponsor

Lewis Buchanan and ENVE Composites announced a new partnership for 2022, with ENVE providing wheels for Lew’s arsenal of bikes.

Lew has spent over a decade racing both downhill and enduro, and has come into his own with captivating edits and POVs on social media. He’s a talented guy who isn’t afraid of a challenge - like riding an enduro bike in the hardest downhill race of the year, Red Bull Hardline.

“Signing with ENVE has been a goal of mine for a while and to finally have the opportunity to do so is something I’m super chuffed about,” said Lewis. “I think going forward it’s going to be a big gain on the performance side of things for the bike and I look forward to what’s ahead with the whole crew!”

ENVE is proud to have a history of supporting downhill, freeride and enduro athletes. ENVE athletes have accomplished World Cup Overall and World Champion titles, Red Bull Rampage and Hardline finishes, and EWS podiums. ENVE is proud to add Lew to its roster of athletes for the coming years.

"Lew is one of the hardest working guys out there, who makes things happen no matter the circumstance,” said Coleman Edwards, Mountain Brand Manager at ENVE. “We are thrilled to support him as we know he'll do great things this year."
Lew will be running ENVE’s M9 and M7 gravity wheels, both of which are handmade in the USA and feature ENVE’s patented Protective Rim Strip.

Lew Buchanan: https://www.instagram.com/lewbuchanan/?hl=en

ENVE: https://www.instagram.com/envecomposites/?hl=en

|

1/14/2022 8:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2022 12:56 PM

Fergus Ryan riding for Privateer. Maybe not a huge name but he is my mate, and a really damn good guy and has worked hard for this.
|

1/14/2022 8:51 AM

Is Carson Storch still without a ride?

|

1/14/2022 8:59 AM

rocky ambassador program
--------------------------------------
North Vancouver, BC - We're thrilled to introduce a new global ambassador program, the Rocky Mountain Crew - a network of community leaders focused on helping others progress and have as much fun on their bikes as possible.

We believe in the importance of community connections. This new program aims to facilitate fun and accessible rider progression opportunities while supporting vibrant riding communities across the globe.

Whether it's learning the perfect cornering technique or fixing a flat for the first time, the Crew is here to help. They are friendly faces and helping hands on the trails. And most importantly, they love to ride.

We're looking for certified coaches, mechanics, and trail builders who are excited to lead others on (and off) the trails and support Rocky Mountain dealers and events in their communities. If this sounds like you, then keep reading!
The Perks:
- Deep discounts on bikes from Rocky Mountain
- Complimentary apparel and gear
- Giveaways for your community events
- Opportunity to earn rewards throughout the season
- Be featured on our social media channels
- A link to our Marketing team and other Rocky Mountain Crew leaders for sharing, collaboration, focus groups, and workshops

The Commitment:
- Host community events focused on helping others progress and have more fun on their bikes, in partnership with your Rocky Mountain dealer or trail organization
- Be available to support events
- Regular social media posts to highlight your area of expertise, community events, or share brand news
- Keep in touch with us throughout the season, sharing event recaps
- Participate in Rocky Mountain Crew workshops and provide product feedback
- If you want to give back to the mountain bike community and help others have more fun on their bikes through coaching, bike mechanics, trail building, or other avenues, then we want to hear from you!

The application deadline is February 15th, 2022 at 11:59am PST. Visit www.bikes.com to learn more and apply.

|

1/14/2022 10:29 AM

Mark_Smedley wrote:

Fergus Ryan ...more

To embed: from the web click the 3 little dots top right of post, click "Embed", click "Copy embed code".paste.

|

1/14/2022 10:39 AM

How is Enve a "big" performance boost over WAO? More like the other way around but these product endorsements by sponsored riders are cringe worthy.

|

1/14/2022 10:56 AM

JayDawger wrote:

How is Enve a "big" performance boost over WAO? More like the other way around but these product endorsements by sponsored ...more

Maybe a bigger paycheck?

|

1/14/2022 11:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2022 11:24 AM

jofish wrote:

Intense should just launch a bike already.

Very interested to see what they will be on at the first world cup because listening to the blister podcast with Neko made it seem pretty clear that in his opinion what they were doing was not it. To the point that they bought a bunch of other manufacturers bikes and had the team test them and give feedbback. May have just been shade throwing but who knows. There is definitely something to be said for simplicity and a design that is balanced and works well, like what he is aiming for with going back to a 4 bar rocker link design. Maybe they went too far down the rabbit hole and just could not make it all work.

|

1/14/2022 11:32 AM

I don't think he was talking shit, I think it's more likely there's something funny going on with the kinematics of the prototypes. In one of the interviews (maybe Vital?), he said as soon as he got on his new bike, it instantly felt much smoother in the rough. I'm sure he didn't like the Kenda tires as well, but that wouldn't have them trying competitors' bikes. Maybe the 279 has too much anti-squat, or is super crazy progressive like some of the old Intenses, which leads it to feel unstable on repeated big hits? He's said that geometry on most DH bikes hasn't changed a ton recently.

|

1/14/2022 12:11 PM

There's still no word on a new frame sponsor from Carson Storch eh?

|

1/14/2022 12:24 PM

Angel to mucoff commencal can’t be too far away surely.

|

1/14/2022 12:31 PM

JayDawger wrote:

How is Enve a "big" performance boost over WAO? More like the other way around but these product endorsements by sponsored ...more

The Mous case endorsements from Minnaar and Danny this week were stomach churning.

|

1/14/2022 12:46 PM

brash wrote:

Angel to mucoff commencal can’t be too far away surely.

Getting close, I reckon...

|

1/14/2022 1:27 PM

kevroberts wrote:

Spotted that also and thought it was a bit strange. Brink did a shop ride with a load of people there and Jono was on the ...more

Que Brink selling Propane bikes as they are "the next big thing"...

|

1/14/2022 1:40 PM

djyosh wrote:

Is Carson Storch still without a ride?

Latest IG story looks like he's still on a Maiden.

|

1/14/2022 2:06 PM

Melanie Chappaz racing with what looks like support from Specialized France and Ohlins this year.

|