Accessibility Widget: On | Off

2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Create New Tag

1/13/2022 8:50 AM

bulletbass man wrote:

Maybe loris and Luca just want to race on their own terms without a camera in their face all day. Not everyone is comfortable ...more

Not a critique on Greg, but it can’t be easy to get out of his shadow as the GOAT or really challenge him as n1, and both Loris and Luca might look at it like that. Greg is a legend, but Matti Lehikonen mentionend on Needle’s latest podcast that it is apparently not exactly a secret that Greg plays lots of mindgames. Not necessarily mean or meaning harm, he wouldn’t be so beloved if he wasn’t a good guy overall, but I could see those things weighing heavily on both those decissions. They also benefitted from learning from him this years massively, might have just run its course.

Most thought Aaron was a selfish me-me-me guy, but guys like Angel or Neko only have praise for him 🤷‍♂️

|

1/13/2022 9:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2022 9:27 AM

Syndicate also seems like a looser program (which can have it's benefits for sure), but Luca's comments in his light-red interview makes it sound like Canyon is more serious. Makes sense from when you hear Barrel talk. I could see that being really positive for a racer like Luca at this stage of his career.

Seeing Loris crushing it on Trek with other young fast dudes probably didn't hurt either

|

1/13/2022 9:49 AM

dolface wrote:

Both Izabela and Luca's announcements only mention 2022; I wonder if that means they're on 1-year contracts?

dave trummers press release also said „riding in 2022“, but he signed for 3 years. those announcements are getting weaker every year.

|

1/13/2022 10:57 AM

Is Izabela on the specialized gravity team…. Or is it a new program?

|

1/13/2022 11:20 AM

Allen_Gleckner wrote:

Syndicate also seems like a looser program (which can have it's benefits for sure), but Luca's comments in his light-red ...more

Makes sense but it’s not like Loris didn’t do well on the syndicate… he was a top 5 guy

|

1/13/2022 12:14 PM

Lots of the pros talk about just wanting a change of "partner" and such to shake things up if they're feeling like they are in a rut. I don't think it really has much to do with clashing personalities or anything like that... I just think that, if you're a racer, you're looking for mental advantages where you can find them, and a change of environment can sometimes provide that. Of course, it can also backfire and end up hurting performance, but you've got to do what you feel is best at the time.

|

1/13/2022 12:59 PM

Charlie Harrisson to commencal 100%

|

1/13/2022 1:24 PM

hogfly wrote:

Lots of the pros talk about just wanting a change of "partner" and such to shake things up if they're feeling like they are in ...more

A lot like the work world for us normies. Sometimes you are content in a role but building up the courage to move somewhere else could open you up to things you never thought possible. I don't read anything into it. I DO read a lot into Neko's plans though, I think he was butting heads with Jeff Steber on bike design.

|

1/13/2022 1:27 PM

hogfly wrote:

Lots of the pros talk about just wanting a change of "partner" and such to shake things up if they're feeling like they are in ...more

PisgahGnar wrote:

A lot like the work world for us normies. Sometimes you are content in a role but building up the courage to move somewhere ...more

He definitely straight up said, on the Downtime podcast, that he never got along with the Intense bike. So.. yeah.

|

1/13/2022 1:34 PM

Yeah I can see as a pro doing the what if game to take you to the next level. If you feel stagnated or feel like a change could put you into a spot to challenge for a number one placing.

Also don't forget that money talks as well if the Syndicate believe that Minnar will be top spot for awhile yet why offer up big money for lower ranked riders.

|

1/13/2022 1:58 PM

hogfly wrote:

PisgahGnar wrote:

A lot like the work world for us normies. Sometimes you are content in a role but building up the courage to move somewhere ...more

hogfly wrote:

He definitely straight up said, on the Downtime podcast, that he never got along with the Intense bike. So.. yeah.

He also alluded to some of the components they had to run affecting his results, just like Jack Moir said..... Kenda strikes again!
He's on Maxxis on the new program.

|

1/13/2022 2:37 PM

Jono Jones looks to be on Propain frames for 2022. Helfares recent IG post.

|

1/13/2022 6:32 PM

So cool to see a few rider sponsorships being announced. Can we uh 👉👈 can we do Dak next? Please?

|

1/13/2022 6:46 PM

Tarhic wrote:

Charlie Harrisson to commencal 100%

Dunno. Looks to be staying put. Photo

|

1/13/2022 8:51 PM

There’s going to be a 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇳🇿🇨🇦 team announced soon. Should finish up the top tier rumors with that announcement.

|

Making bikes go fast since 2020

1/13/2022 9:31 PM

Brevard_Bikewrench wrote:

There’s going to be a team announced soon. Should finish up the top tier rumors with that announcement.

Gwin, Dak, Tuhoto, Sherlock? I'd be completely surprised but a guess....

|

1/14/2022 12:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2022 12:14 AM

sharpy212 wrote:

Is Izabela on the specialized gravity team…. Or is it a new program?

Yes she is on the Gravity team and the contract is for three years smile

|

1/14/2022 12:56 AM

Itching to know where George and Tuhoto end up.

Can’t see either on intense with Gwin but I believe George and Gwin were team mates on trek?

|

1/14/2022 1:04 AM

Estelle Charles to Specialized Enduro, confirmed by Rossignol Bandits team manager

|

1/14/2022 1:47 AM

swadd1er wrote:

I think this has been known for a little while now… his brother posted a photo of him in Helfare gear with a propain bike on 5th Jan.

|

1/14/2022 2:12 AM

swadd1er wrote:

kevroberts wrote:

I think this has been known for a little while now… his brother posted a photo of him in Helfare gear with a propain bike on ...more

Just noticed that!

|

1/14/2022 2:14 AM

swadd1er wrote:

kevroberts wrote:

I think this has been known for a little while now… his brother posted a photo of him in Helfare gear with a propain bike on ...more

Despite which he posted a picture on his own IG yesterday showing the bike frame and brand hidden - either he was still riding his pivot in the picture or they have shown the new frame too early in the Helfare and Matt Jones videos

|

1/14/2022 2:33 AM

obskwr wrote:

Itching to know where George and Tuhoto end up.

Can’t see either on intense with Gwin but I believe George and Gwin were ...more

tuhoto to propain factory? or maybe dak?

|

1/14/2022 2:55 AM

swadd1er wrote:

kevroberts wrote:

puddings wrote:

Despite which he posted a picture on his own IG yesterday showing the bike frame and brand hidden - either he was still riding ...more

Spotted that also and thought it was a bit strange. Brink did a shop ride with a load of people there and Jono was on the propain then and definitely wasn’t hiding it (that might have also been the same day that Matt posted the photo I referenced)

Jono even joked that it wasn’t exactly hard to guess on his recent post…
Photo

|

1/14/2022 2:56 AM

|

1/14/2022 3:35 AM

I have a feeling there could be some sort of YT team this season after all. Oisin is happily tagging them on his instagram. Does not look like he is making a switch. YT even responded with 👀 to someone mentioning him still riding YT.

|

1/14/2022 3:44 AM

stefkrger wrote:

I have a feeling there could be some sort of YT team this season after all. Oisin is happily tagging them on his instagram. ...more

Doesn’t have YT tagged in his bio like other sponsors, not sure if it’s been removed or was never there

|

1/14/2022 4:36 AM

stefkrger wrote:

I have a feeling there could be some sort of YT team this season after all. Oisin is happily tagging them on his instagram. ...more

Sol.Cob wrote:

Doesn’t have YT tagged in his bio like other sponsors, not sure if it’s been removed or was never there

One “team” that hasn’t been discussed anywhere is Cathro’s team that he’s putting together. Now, I don’t think that Oisin would be on if, as Ben said it’s going to be really an attempt to develop talent (more like the Union) than sign big names… but still. Curious where that goes.

|

1/14/2022 5:49 AM

hogfly wrote:

One “team” that hasn’t been discussed anywhere is Cathro’s team that he’s putting together. Now, I don’t think that Oisin ...more

is he still riding SC bikes?

|

1/14/2022 5:56 AM

jonkranked wrote:

is he still riding SC bikes?

I listened to the podcast on Downtime, and I honestly can't remember if he mentioned the frame sponsor for the team.

|