2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Related:
Kusa
12/27/2021 7:53pm
peecee wrote:
From what seemed a relatively quiet year for rumours has now blown up to be one of the busiest surely ? Shaw, Greenland, Fearon, Maes, others...
From what seemed a relatively quiet year for rumours has now blown up to be one of the busiest surely ?

Shaw, Greenland, Fearon, Maes, others and now the Commencal 21 team.
I know we know where a few of these riders are going but whos off to Mondraker ? Where will Wallace go if Luca goes to Canyon and have to let him go.
Atherton Racing need to sell bikes and see results after Rachel had a baby, Gee destroyed himself and they have now released Millie maybe a top 10 male rider heading there way ?
Will GT bring someone in to race DH as Wyn doesn't really put in amazing results and Maes was part time at best.

All I know is I love it and cant wait for new riders on new teams and prototype bikes!

Wallace to Norco?

Also Wyn is content maker and that's his value for brands, not his results.
12/27/2021 11:32pm
Nohadream1 wrote:
Pau Menoyo saying goodbye to Commencal21. There is no more Comencal21 as a team and all of the racers (Suárez, Menoyo and Alex Marin) seems to...
Pau Menoyo saying goodbye to Commencal21. There is no more Comencal21 as a team and all of the racers (Suárez, Menoyo and Alex Marin) seems to hace new places to land
mwolpin wrote:
Wasn’t it the team manager of Commencal21 that was caught with Pierron using the n-word repeatedly? I know Muc-off terminated the agreement mid-year, but I’m wondering...
Wasn’t it the team manager of Commencal21 that was caught with Pierron using the n-word repeatedly? I know Muc-off terminated the agreement mid-year, but I’m wondering if more sponsors decided to put their money elsewhere as a result.
That is correct
12/28/2021 12:49am
Although not surprising (as she's left Ibis) Bex's last post is saying thanks to POC.
12/28/2021 3:08am
Fearon is more likely to be on Pivot, Bernard has always said they have been "like" teammates throughout the years. Especially now cuz emily has moved on.
NJPA Rider
12/28/2021 3:46am
Fearon is more likely to be on Pivot, Bernard has always said they have been "like" teammates throughout the years. Especially now cuz emily has moved...
Fearon is more likely to be on Pivot, Bernard has always said they have been "like" teammates throughout the years. Especially now cuz emily has moved on.
This would be awesome news! Bernard's videos are essential viewing during the season. It would be great to see Fearon go through the race season.
jofish
12/28/2021 4:55am
Fearon’s mechanic/team manager was on the downtime podcast recently and it sounded like they are a pretty tight unit. I’ll be interested to see if it’s the same team setup with a new frame sponsor or if Connor goes somewhere new.
JoseMPM
12/28/2021 5:34am
peecee wrote:
From what seemed a relatively quiet year for rumours has now blown up to be one of the busiest surely ? Shaw, Greenland, Fearon, Maes, others...
From what seemed a relatively quiet year for rumours has now blown up to be one of the busiest surely ?

Shaw, Greenland, Fearon, Maes, others and now the Commencal 21 team.
I know we know where a few of these riders are going but whos off to Mondraker ? Where will Wallace go if Luca goes to Canyon and have to let him go.
Atherton Racing need to sell bikes and see results after Rachel had a baby, Gee destroyed himself and they have now released Millie maybe a top 10 male rider heading there way ?
Will GT bring someone in to race DH as Wyn doesn't really put in amazing results and Maes was part time at best.

All I know is I love it and cant wait for new riders on new teams and prototype bikes!

Atherton have a very low key very fast Austrian on the team, and getting a top 5-10 rider might be too expensive/a hard move for them to make as it would signal the first time in years it is not an Atherton sibling as top male/femeale rider on the team, and that always seemed to be a point of pride for them, wrong as it might have rubbed on many people outside the industry (inside they seem to be actually quite well liked as far/little I can see).

Would be interesting though, the bike looks good, would be cool to see if anybody not named Rachel can win an Elite WC on it.
12/28/2021 7:42am
Christopher Blevins off Trinity Racing. I wouldn’t be surprised if he got a spot on the specialized factory team.
He's been on Speshy his whole career, I don't see that changing.
They learned their lesson with Kate Courtney, gotta keep that Red Thread going......

Blevins is also a Durango boy, and this town has lots of Speshy connections/history.
der5te
12/28/2021 9:09am
trummer was spotted in finale on a summum!
dolface
12/28/2021 9:25am
der5te wrote:
trummer was spotted in finale on a summum!
Pretty sure that was mentioned up-thread and I hope it's true, I think he and Bulldog would be a fantastic combo!
Big Bird
12/28/2021 12:55pm
sounds more like a goodbye post
And The Syndicate allows for different clothing sponsors. Perhaps this is the beginning of different parts sponsors too?
dolface
12/28/2021 1:05pm
Big Bird wrote:
And The Syndicate allows for different clothing sponsors. Perhaps this is the beginning of different parts sponsors too?
I read it as goodbye; if he's going to the Syndicate no more Renthal for him... (If he's not going to SC it still narrows the possibilities down a bit).
C-LION
12/28/2021 1:31pm
George Brannigan parts away with Propain Factory Racing
AndyDH21
12/28/2021 4:00pm Edited Date/Time 12/28/2021 4:03pm
Greenland saying "goodbye" to Renthal on his latest insta post or maybe he keep riding it on his new bike ?

Macdonald's insta bio omitting MS Mondraker or any other supporting brand?
pinkrobe
12/28/2021 4:59pm
Haley Hunter Smith off Norco.
Gehrig twins still on Norco, but off DT Swiss.
trex84
12/28/2021 7:40pm
Remy Morton on fox suspension

12/28/2021 11:53pm
Pau Menoyo (ex Commençal21) staying in one of the Commençal teams 'cause he's still testing de Supreme at Commençal private track in Pascuet Offroad Center (Lleida - Spain).
asus
12/29/2021 1:42am
Big Bird wrote:
Not any more. All 4 riders to be on same clothing
Maxipedia
12/29/2021 1:49am
asus wrote:
And that would be...?

What is the source for this info?
12/29/2021 3:17am
Big Bird wrote:
asus wrote:
Minaar, Greenland, Goldstone, and.... female rider?
Maxipedia
12/29/2021 3:45am
Are you guys implying everybody will be on O'Neal with Oakley eyewear, like Greg and Nina?
metadave
12/29/2021 6:00am
Nohadream1 wrote:
Karabuka wrote:
Nina Hoffman
Didn't Nina start her own team last year with SC and have a roster of riders with her? I can't see her shutting it down that quickly although I'm happy to be wrong.
puddings
12/29/2021 6:43am
Nohadream1 wrote:
Karabuka wrote:
Nina Hoffman
metadave wrote:
Didn't Nina start her own team last year with SC and have a roster of riders with her? I can't see her shutting it down that...
Didn't Nina start her own team last year with SC and have a roster of riders with her? I can't see her shutting it down that quickly although I'm happy to be wrong.
Her IG post on the 22nd December is being interpreted as a final thanks as she steps up to a full team ride with the Syndicate
TayRob
12/29/2021 7:12am
Big Bird wrote:
asus wrote:
I have heard this, too.
Clothing brand will match their suspension...
12/29/2021 8:24am
Big Bird wrote:
asus wrote:
TayRob wrote:
I have heard this, too.
Yeah, they all decided to go with white Goldstones sponsor…..
mfoga
12/29/2021 10:11am
asus wrote:
TayRob wrote:
I have heard this, too.
Yeah, they all decided to go with white Goldstones sponsor…..
Greg leaving O Neal after what like 10 years? That seems shocking

Post a reply to: 2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

The Latest