Accessibility Widget: On | Off

2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Create New Tag

12/20/2021 10:00 AM

hd4rider wrote:

High Latitude Cycle Industries = Northern Cycle Industries (Norco's original name)?

Norco could use a rider closer to the ...more

Doesn't appear to be true. Someone north in Europe seems the more likely team than someone north in Canada.

|

12/20/2021 10:01 AM

Luca Shaw off Syndicate, now offical Photo

|

12/20/2021 10:06 AM

embedding the luca post

|

12/20/2021 10:44 AM

Brian_Peterson wrote:

I thought a couple years back, YT almost pulled out of the deal with Martin and the Mob.. They were feeling that they didn't ...more

bulletbass man wrote:

Is yt gonna change it’s name to no talent.

SocalRoost wrote:

less expensive talent

Underpaid talent

|

12/20/2021 11:59 AM

Still surprised by the Luca situation when only few months ago SC brought his brother in to be team manager of the union team. But its weird it almost seems like that is no longer the case as there is no mention of that anywhere else but the post here now.

|

12/20/2021 12:33 PM

mfoga wrote:

Still surprised by the Luca situation when only few months ago SC brought his brother in to be team manager of the union team. ...more

If you paid close attention during the 2021 World Cup campaign, there was what seemed like a distinct lack of teamwork between Luca and GM. Maybe it was just how the videos appeared after production or if it was just intentional to give each their own separate filming opportunities?

But every time I watched track walk, they did their own thing and weren't filmed together sharing lines. Maybe Luca wanted out of GM's shadow and primary focus on his own program as opposed to second fiddle?

One of the worst things that could happen when we used to race was that the team I was on, you start riding like each other and your race times will reflect it. Kind of gets in your head that you have GOT to change your track partners up if you're going to break loose from your teammates on the clock.

|

Trouble Maker. Here to spit truth in the form of sarcasm.

12/20/2021 12:42 PM

mfoga wrote:

Still surprised by the Luca situation when only few months ago SC brought his brother in to be team manager of the union team. ...more

just to clarify, steel city media (who runs union) hired walker, not santa cruz (if that's what you meant by SC)

|

12/20/2021 1:13 PM

I'm just going to say it. It's Commencal 21 going pop. As you were.

|

12/20/2021 1:37 PM

This is unrelated to racing, but who is Zink riding for these days? I feel like he left YT a year ago, but I'm not sure he's signed with anybody. Ditto for Darren Berrecloth - I'm not sure he has a frame sponsor at the moment...?

|

12/20/2021 1:46 PM

sspomer wrote:

just to clarify, steel city media (who runs union) hired walker, not santa cruz (if that's what you meant by SC)

Ahh I though they more affiliated with SC.

|

12/20/2021 3:02 PM

piggy wrote:

This is unrelated to racing, but who is Zink riding for these days? I feel like he left YT a year ago, but I'm not sure he's ...more

Zink has been teasing a new bike company called Vacay...or at least he was around Rampage. Haven't heard any updates on the new company though. His "incident" earlier this year likely is still fresh on some minds, which may be making it harder.

|

12/20/2021 3:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/20/2021 3:11 PM

mwolpin wrote:

Zink has been teasing a new bike company called Vacay...or at least he was around Rampage. Haven't heard any updates on the ...more

Didn't know that you could be incidentally homophobic

|

12/20/2021 4:14 PM

piggy wrote:

This is unrelated to racing, but who is Zink riding for these days? I feel like he left YT a year ago, but I'm not sure he's ...more

mwolpin wrote:

Zink has been teasing a new bike company called Vacay...or at least he was around Rampage. Haven't heard any updates on the ...more

thomas.gehrig wrote:

Didn't know that you could be incidentally homophobic

Touche. I was more using the word "incident" when he was caught using homophobic verbiage.

|

12/20/2021 4:54 PM

Bobodaclown wrote:

Bernard had the big Pivot truck up for sale recently. Probably just selling it to buy a new toy or liquidate some cash he does ...more

c1c51 wrote:

I think he said in one of his previous vlogs that he was buying a new one. I think it might have been in the mxgp one, cause ...more

Bobodaclown wrote:

Sounds about right. Cheers for the call out from the vlog.
Interested to see what they end up with.

He was obsessed with the school bus pit shuttle at Snowshoe and he bought himself an American school bus, had it shipped and delivered to the UK a week or so ago. I bet he gets it remodeled and makes the team travel in it this year. Dude is nuts, and I love it.

|

12/20/2021 7:52 PM

mfoga wrote:

bizutch wrote:

If you paid close attention during the 2021 World Cup campaign, there was what seemed like a distinct lack of teamwork between ...more

It's a good point, but riding like GM and matching his times would make Luca a much better racer.

|

12/20/2021 8:17 PM

Not if his riding style doesn't fit in with GMs, so he wouldn't be comfortable.

At the end of the day the most important thing is to be comfortable.

|

12/20/2021 8:40 PM

peter.p.lloyd wrote:

Does that have anything to do with the social media incident this summer with Pierron and some other dumb shit the team manager/owner or whoever it was did?

|

12/20/2021 11:27 PM

Great scott where's the private production?
Canyon's latex has an Italian flair

|

12/21/2021 1:40 AM

In one year timeframe, the syndicate lost its 2 young guns. For Loris it was kinda different way of thinking/approach than Peaty. Could it be the same for Luca ? Maybe he is feeling it doesn't work and wants fresh air ?

|

12/21/2021 2:36 AM

Aksel_Lfft wrote:

In one year timeframe, the syndicate lost its 2 young guns. For Loris it was kinda different way of thinking/approach than ...more

I came here thinking the same thing. There were some murmurings that there was something up between Loris and Peaty. Loris starts over on a new team & new bike, and look what happened.
Luca when he first signed was seemingly always the last man down the hill those first few years, then it tapered off. (granted there were injuries).
I dunno, when I watch the SC video's this last year, it's still a lot of Peaty wanting to be behind the lens.

|

12/21/2021 2:45 AM

|

12/21/2021 2:53 AM

|

12/21/2021 4:13 AM

peter.p.lloyd wrote:

Angel did blur his bike on this photo he posted yesterday…

Photo

|

12/21/2021 5:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/21/2021 5:36 AM

Aksel_Lfft wrote:

In one year timeframe, the syndicate lost its 2 young guns. For Loris it was kinda different way of thinking/approach than ...more

Bebop.Skibble wrote:

I came here thinking the same thing. There were some murmurings that there was something up between Loris and Peaty. Loris ...more

Pretty sure Loris had to do with income versus expenses & Trek wanted to spend more than Santa Cruz.

Just like in any other pro sport, every budget only has so much money for an alpha.

In Fearon's case, I'm excited for the guy. Flat pedals on single pivots is not as easy as he makes it look. Really hope he gets to race for an FSR or other de-coupled pivot brand. Pedal kickback on flats in DH is way harder on single pivots.

Am I wrong in remembering Fearon and Luca spending an Aussie summer together? Maybe both to Canyon?

|

Trouble Maker. Here to spit truth in the form of sarcasm.

12/21/2021 6:05 AM

I wonder if Shaw lost his seat to a not-retiring goat.

I think the change will be good for him. Can't wait to see where he lands.

|

12/21/2021 7:25 AM

The YT Mob is officially Taking a Break.

|

Stay prepared for fun with Vital Gear Club

12/21/2021 7:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/21/2021 7:37 AM

BHowell wrote:

The YT Mob is officially Taking a Break.

It is a shame. Fast riders on the market...

Wonder what Martin will be up to...a new team or a search for talent to nurture.

|

12/21/2021 7:43 AM

Erik Fedko out of Rose Bikes. To Trek maybe ?

|

12/21/2021 7:53 AM

|

12/21/2021 7:58 AM

Ahab wrote:

I wonder if Shaw lost his seat to a not-retiring goat.

I think the change will be good for him. Can't wait to see where he ...more

You can say what you want but the syndicate is Greg's team until he doesn't want to do it anymore. I totally get a younger rider not wanting to hang around and see when Greg wants to hang it up. Especially, if there is a team out there willing to pay more money or comparable money where the rider can have more of a spotlight.

All of that said, it is really hard to draw any conclusions when we have no idea what the money is...

|