Accessibility Widget: On | Off

2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Create New Tag

11/24/2021 8:54 AM

metadave wrote:

Any more murmurs on Connor or Miranda leaving Kona and going elsewhere? Anyone else filling their spots on Kona if they are ...more

mtbman99 wrote:

I thought someone here posted a rumor that Kona was shutting down their race team?

Kona is getting out of the Pro Athlete game and going all grassroots.

|

11/24/2021 11:07 AM

Jolanda Neff moving to the states full time? Sunday morning McDonalds coffee crew in Pisgah Forest said she was making an offer on a 1.65million piece of property. Guess the Swiss athletes ain’t doin too shabby.

|

11/24/2021 12:40 PM

So if Luca is on Canyon hypothetically, who loses this game of Musical Chairs? Surely not a 4 man megateam!?

Troy (would bet my left nut he's staying)
Mark (probably bet my right nut....)
Kye? Young fella won Jr Worlds and is getting faster all the time...

Help me Ja Rule!

|

11/24/2021 1:56 PM

Maybe Miranda will land on Rocky Mountain.

|

11/24/2021 2:01 PM

That would make sense being that she's close with the whole team already. But Rocky has had the same team for a while, which would lead me to believe that they're likely paid pretty well. So would they be able to afford another athlete like Miranda on the team?

|

11/24/2021 5:24 PM

turkasaurus wrote:

Jolanda Neff moving to the states full time? Sunday morning McDonalds coffee crew in Pisgah Forest said she was making an ...more

I'd say Jolanda is a cut above the rest. wink

|

11/24/2021 11:43 PM

Yeti to sign a female rider for the enduro team…

|

11/25/2021 12:38 AM

turkasaurus wrote:

Jolanda Neff moving to the states full time? Sunday morning McDonalds coffee crew in Pisgah Forest said she was making an ...more

Luca to team pool boy

|

11/25/2021 2:46 AM

metadave wrote:

Any more murmurs on Connor or Miranda leaving Kona and going elsewhere? Anyone else filling their spots on Kona if they are ...more

Connor to Syndicate ? haha but all jokes aside.
He's an amazing rider and I know Kona is a factory ride but feel Connor would benefit from having a different bike and some faster riders around him on a proper team, maybe Mondraker would pick him up If Laurie leaves

|

11/25/2021 4:56 AM

brash wrote:

So if Luca is on Canyon hypothetically, who loses this game of Musical Chairs? Surely not a 4 man megateam!?

Troy (would bet ...more

There will be another Canyon team 😉

|

11/25/2021 5:00 AM

nucleardaisy wrote:

There will be another Canyon team

If it goes that way, does this mean there will be just Commencal vs Canyon in 2025?

|

11/25/2021 6:54 AM

metadave wrote:

peecee wrote:

He's an amazing rider and I know Kona is a factory ride but feel Connor would ...more

I'm fairly sure that Kona is disbanding the factory team for the 2022 season, so unless he went the route of ambassador/youtuber (which I don't see him doing) he would need to make a move.

|

11/25/2021 6:57 AM

turkasaurus wrote:

Winning a gold medal does typically afford one some nice opportunities..

|

11/25/2021 8:15 AM

metadave wrote:

peecee wrote:

He's an amazing rider and I know Kona is a factory ride but feel Connor would ...more

Edthorne wrote:

I'm fairly sure that Kona is disbanding the factory team for the 2022 season, so unless he went the route of ...more

There is the option that Kona is getting out of being the Team but still provides the frames. It seems to be the way things are going lately.

|

11/25/2021 8:56 AM

turkasaurus wrote:

Brian_Peterson wrote:

Winning a gold medal does typically afford one some nice opportunities..

Printing money with a gold medal and a good agent.

|

11/25/2021 9:54 AM

brash wrote:

Troy (would bet ...more

Troy has a long-term contract. Mark is the one who could leave. a couple of star names on that team, they wouldnt be able to support 3 top ticket riders., especially with jack on the enduro side.

|

11/25/2021 1:41 PM

brash wrote:

Troy (would bet ...more

nucleardaisy wrote:

Karabuka wrote:

If it goes that way, does this mean there will be just Commencal vs Canyon in 2025?

And Minnaar on a Santa Cruz giving them hell.

|

11/25/2021 7:58 PM

metadave wrote:

Luca to team pool boy

Not a horrible option

|

11/26/2021 3:53 AM

Athertons drop/dropped by GoPro: https://www.instagram.com/p/CWtVRs3gbCT/

|

11/26/2021 4:50 AM

Charlie Harrison to replace Luca Shaw

|

11/26/2021 8:06 AM

brash wrote:

Troy (would bet ...more

nucleardaisy wrote:

Ive heard this too. Second Canyon team with the "other" suspension and components brand

|

11/26/2021 8:09 AM

The big red S adding a lead female on the enduro side of things. Not sure if this was covered earlier in the thread.

|

11/26/2021 8:45 AM

danposs86 wrote:

If ”dropped” translates into receiving money from another company, after a contract has ended, latest team rumour is that I'm open to joining Team Dropped as of right now, accepting veteran's minimum salary! :D

Mx

|

11/26/2021 8:49 AM

danposs86 wrote:

Maxipedia wrote:

If ”dropped” translates into receiving money from another company, after a contract has ended, latest team rumour is that I'm ...more

A lot of people have just signed up with Insta360. Just seen loads of videos pop up on YouTube one after another. Matt Jones and Bernard Kerr being the one's I remember

|

11/26/2021 10:10 AM

brash wrote:

Troy (would bet ...more

nucleardaisy wrote:

bikeparkmemes wrote:

Ive heard this too. Second Canyon team with the "other" suspension and components brand

well, there are already 2 Canyon-Teams, The Factory Racing and the FMD Team. So would Luca join FMD or is there gonna be a third team?

|

11/26/2021 10:46 AM

Connor to Forbidden?
He seemed to race almost more enduro than downhill this year. + there seems to be more and more forbidden riders around bromont, where his team mechanic lives? Just a wild guess

|

11/26/2021 11:33 AM

bikeparkmemes wrote:

The big red S adding a lead female on the enduro side of things. Not sure if this was covered earlier in the thread.

Could Miranda Miller be headed back that way?

|

11/26/2021 1:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/26/2021 1:31 PM

thomas.gehrig wrote:

Connor to Forbidden?
He seemed to race almost more enduro than downhill this year. + there seems to be more and more forbidden ...more

It might also be related to them being available in our area and not much else.

|

11/26/2021 6:19 PM

nucleardaisy wrote:

Karabuka wrote:

Primoz wrote:

And Specialized looks down from the top of its podium, “Silly rabbits, mega teams are for kids.”

|

11/26/2021 8:15 PM

Karabuka wrote:

Primoz wrote:

mwolpin wrote:

And Specialized looks down from the top of its podium, “Silly rabbits, mega teams are for kids.”

*commencal

|