2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Related:
novajustin
7/14/2021 10:06am
Lol this thread is growing by the minute! Same with the activity on Vital's servers! :D
RMarsee
7/14/2021 10:07am
As someone with a "Joined: 7/14/2021" I'll be glad to be one of the many who finally signed up for an account today! It'll be like a badge of honor.
Primoz
7/14/2021 10:08am
Bets on the word count of the post Jeff Brines is no doubt crafting right now?

Imma go with 23,790.
sspomer wrote:
ironically, The Inside Line that went live today addresses brines' word count : )
https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/Mountain-Biking-and-Head-Injuries-The…
Great, the podcast description made me realize my internet smartassery has reached a level of 'infamous'...
Texicans
7/14/2021 10:08am
sspomer wrote:
gonna be a wild couple of days until everyone forgets and goes back to life as normal LOL [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2021/07/14/11143/s1200_Screen_Shot_2021_07_14_at_10.54.43_AM.jpg[/img]
gonna be a wild couple of days until everyone forgets and goes back to life as normal LOL

I like most have enjoyed VitalMTB for reviews, articles, and great videos. I personally mostly watched the PB comments with beer and popcorn. It's kina like watching the primate exhibits at zoos. I hope VitalMTB benefits from more traffic, and that the petty trolling stays out. Cheers!
7/14/2021 10:10am
t-stoff wrote:
Maybe it's just as little offtopic but... I recently saw a instastorie on Valli Holl Instagram where she posted a German passport. What benefits can a...
Maybe it's just as little offtopic but... I recently saw a instastorie on Valli Holl Instagram where she posted a German passport. What benefits can a Austrian athlete get from an German passport?
It's to allow her to fly in and out of Munich, Germany more easily.
sspomer
7/14/2021 10:12am
Primoz wrote:
Great, the podcast description made me realize my internet smartassery has reached a level of 'infamous'...
don't ever change!
mfoga
7/14/2021 10:17am
Wonder how so? Since both are within Schengen zone wouldn’t it be the same? I know from a foreigners prospective when I travel I have noticed no difference where I enter or exit the Schengen zone.
7/14/2021 10:25am
mfoga wrote:
Wonder how so? Since both are within Schengen zone wouldn’t it be the same? I know from a foreigners prospective when I travel I have noticed...
Wonder how so? Since both are within Schengen zone wouldn’t it be the same? I know from a foreigners prospective when I travel I have noticed no difference where I enter or exit the Schengen zone.
She still has her Austrian Personalausweis (national ID card). Just less questions at customs, best of both worlds.
LLLLL
7/14/2021 10:25am
mfoga wrote:
Wonder how so? Since both are within Schengen zone wouldn’t it be the same? I know from a foreigners prospective when I travel I have noticed...
Taxes?
LLLLL
7/14/2021 10:27am
sspomer wrote:
thoughts on banning all new vital signups for 1 year? Woohoo (kidding, but welcome to vital)
Hopefully your summer isn’t spent policing the forums and comments section 👍
sspomer
7/14/2021 10:49am
back to racing and sewing circles, gwin (who was in Montana when we recorded his latest Inside Line podcast) is registered as a Montana resident on the national champs results sheet instead of the familiar temecula listing

t00b
7/14/2021 10:53am
krka73 wrote:
This is the reason I signed up here today.
Same! Just signed up. Will be here a lot more now Smile
novajustin
7/14/2021 10:55am Edited Date/Time 7/14/2021 10:55am
sspomer wrote:
back to racing and sewing circles, gwin (who was in Montana when we [url=https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/Aaron-Gwin-The-Inside-Line-Podcast,3111]recorded his latest Inside Line podcast[/url]) is registered as a Montana resident on...
back to racing and sewing circles, gwin (who was in Montana when we recorded his latest Inside Line podcast) is registered as a Montana resident on the national champs results sheet instead of the familiar temecula listing

avoiding those state income taxes! he's always been a pretty smart business man throughout his career. although i'm pretty certain that new cabin he just bought is in CO. terrible state taxes there.
rugbyred
7/14/2021 11:00am
Sspomer, is there anyway to get once a day updates? If PB’ers are flocking over, my inbox is going to overflow.
SB14
7/14/2021 11:06am
To all the new folks, comment when there is something to forward the thread to something we all can appreciate.

This is the team rumors thread. Team=Racing teams, not Pb or vital team. To annonce you have switched teams is not for this thread. Sspomer has one for this, it is called introduce your self, or something.
Ahab
7/14/2021 11:20am
SB14 wrote:
To all the new folks, comment when there is something to forward the thread to something we all can appreciate. This is the team rumors thread...
To all the new folks, comment when there is something to forward the thread to something we all can appreciate.

This is the team rumors thread. Team=Racing teams, not Pb or vital team. To annonce you have switched teams is not for this thread. Sspomer has one for this, it is called introduce your self, or something.
Vitalites, can you cleave this off into it's own thread?
derelict
7/14/2021 11:22am
sspomer wrote:
back to racing and sewing circles, gwin (who was in Montana when we [url=https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/Aaron-Gwin-The-Inside-Line-Podcast,3111]recorded his latest Inside Line podcast[/url]) is registered as a Montana resident on...

I am more interested in his Windrock adjacent residence. He seems to have no interest in changing his regime and is massively behind. Maybe the Mid Atlantic thick, rooty, wet and muddy conditions can mimic those of Europe a bit better. PB commenters keep saying it is Kenda tires for why he is 4 to 5 seconds off the pace. I highly doubt that.
dirtyberd
7/14/2021 11:32am
sspomer wrote:

derelict wrote:
I am more interested in his Windrock adjacent residence. He seems to have no interest in changing his regime and is massively behind. Maybe the Mid...
I am more interested in his Windrock adjacent residence. He seems to have no interest in changing his regime and is massively behind. Maybe the Mid Atlantic thick, rooty, wet and muddy conditions can mimic those of Europe a bit better. PB commenters keep saying it is Kenda tires for why he is 4 to 5 seconds off the pace. I highly doubt that.
if this was the case, he would most definitely black out some nice pieces of rubber. i dont think re-branding or hiding a brand name is foreign to this racing industry! dangerous times to be DH racing - so many horrible accidents lately. I am sure gwin, and everyone else, does a double-take when they see a fellow racer and friend go down the way a lot of pros have this season.
SB14
7/14/2021 11:48am Edited Date/Time 7/14/2021 11:49am
Anyone got a clue on who is up for a contract this year?

(Maybe someone should start a Google Docs when we get a confirmed contract, then we can see who is up the following years. But, might not be so fun, a little less speculation)
7/14/2021 12:47pm
dirtyberd wrote:
if this was the case, he would most definitely black out some nice pieces of rubber. i dont think re-branding or hiding a brand name is...
if this was the case, he would most definitely black out some nice pieces of rubber. i dont think re-branding or hiding a brand name is foreign to this racing industry! dangerous times to be DH racing - so many horrible accidents lately. I am sure gwin, and everyone else, does a double-take when they see a fellow racer and friend go down the way a lot of pros have this season.
Gwin can't Sharpie out Kenda tires like other racers do. He's got royalty deals with them--so a vested interest in Kenda tires selling... rather than just being a sponsored rider. They're also spending a lot of money on R&D trying to build tires he wants. He can't just go run another brand's tires. He mentions in the recent Vital podcast that they're 'finally' getting the tires in a good place. Neko has also hinted at their tire options lacking.

derelict
7/14/2021 12:55pm
sspomer wrote:

derelict wrote:
I am more interested in his Windrock adjacent residence. He seems to have no interest in changing his regime and is massively behind. Maybe the Mid...
dirtyberd wrote:
if this was the case, he would most definitely black out some nice pieces of rubber. i dont think re-branding or hiding a brand name is...
Certainly. The pace has gotten to that dangerous level. I wonder if/ when the UCI will do what happens across all forms of motorsports where some sort of performance leveling or a standardization of parts will happen in an attempt to maybe cool things off a bit.
metadave
7/14/2021 1:17pm
derelict wrote:
dirtyberd wrote:
derelict wrote:
Certainly. The pace has gotten to that dangerous level. I wonder if/ when the UCI will do what happens across all forms of motorsports where some...
Certainly. The pace has gotten to that dangerous level. I wonder if/ when the UCI will do what happens across all forms of motorsports where some sort of performance leveling or a standardization of parts will happen in an attempt to maybe cool things off a bit.
Would that even work though? If you put Bruni and Amaury on the exact same setup, Amaury wod still be half on the edge of control and flat out while Bruni would look like he was going half the pace. You can limit/even the tech, but you can't change the riding styles of the wild guys gunning for it.
Primoz
7/14/2021 1:27pm
Make the courses more twisty. Job done.
LukeD
7/14/2021 1:31pm
sspomer wrote:
remember 20 years ago when MTBR vs $eth vs a13x made ridemonkey go off?
6 hours late to the party, but I had to comment. I think I joined mtbr in 99, maybe 2000 and have been friends with both of them for that long. Great guys. I got a good laugh seeing that someone remembered all that crap.
JamesR_2026
7/14/2021 6:09pm
sspomer wrote:

novajustin wrote:
avoiding those state income taxes! he's always been a pretty smart business man throughout his career. although i'm pretty certain that new cabin he just bought...
avoiding those state income taxes! he's always been a pretty smart business man throughout his career. although i'm pretty certain that new cabin he just bought is in CO. terrible state taxes there.
Looking at how many "tactical" and firearms pages Gwin follows on IG, I suspect gun laws might be a factor in that change as well.
JamesR_2026
7/14/2021 6:25pm
brash wrote:
Reeces stocks are high.

I wonder how long Jack Moir's deal with Canyon is, his stonks are skyrocketing!

He probably signed on real cheap too due to not having anything going. Great value for Canyon. He should be able to knock it out of...
He probably signed on real cheap too due to not having anything going. Great value for Canyon.
He should be able to knock it out of the park with his next contract.
It would be ideal if it was a 2 year deal with Canyon and he's negotiating a new one right now.
Jack's really made lemonade out of the lemons he got given by Cannondale!

While on ex IFR riders, Dean Lucas is in year 3 with Scott now so probably looking for a new contract too. His result at Les Gets won't hurt those negotiations either.
Verbl Kint
7/14/2021 11:36pm
Bastille Day will now have an odd significance here. Vive Le Vital!

Post a reply to: 2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

The Latest