2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Related:
10/25/2021 5:51am
Probably cause most people make mistakes and he is one of the most talented and accomplished riders in his sport. If everyone was judged solely on...
Probably cause most people make mistakes and he is one of the most talented and accomplished riders in his sport. If everyone was judged solely on their lowest moments then the world would be a pretty sad place. I’d be willling to bet most men zink’s age has used the word faggot derogatorily. It was extremely popular among my generation to the point to many of us it no longer was really tied to homophobia. South park has a great episode about it. Beyond that everyone has done regrettable things to others or just being reckless. I stopped using that word long ago along with most people but I don’t live in the bubble of a pro athlete and everyone matures in different ways at different paces. I hope zink was honest in his apologies and promise to do better by fans and the sport. But I suppose we could just stone him to death and get it over with since showing outrage seems to do such a great job of solving differences and making people change for the better.
literally wrote:
i think the issue most have with the situation is that he's still using that word as a grown adult. defending him as if he gets...
i think the issue most have with the situation is that he's still using that word as a grown adult. defending him as if he gets a pass because of some 'pro athlete bubble' or maturing in different ways gives the impression that it's ok for some but not others because of irrelevant situations. he's an adult with a following of young people on social media - some people even believe that means a person should be even more aware of what they say and how they act.

i don't pretend to know the details or anything about the dude but that's what i've gathered from other comments and talking with friends in the mtb community.
At no point have I defended his behavior in anyway. I am simply empathetic to the fact the people make mistakes. I also don’t think he has done anything that’s remotely unforgivable. As I’ve said before the thing that really bothers me about “the cancel culture” thing is the hypocritical outrage and often refusal to forgive people and allow them to grow. If cam chose not to respond to criticism I wouldn’t be posting my opinions on the subject.

Personally I don’t buy amaury’s story about not knowing the n-word is offensive. I think he underestimated how offensive it is. And rather than say he’s no longer suited to be sponsored I simply hope he learns from his mistake. While the two situations are not 100 percent comparable and cam’s mistakes are bigger in my view I feel the same way towards him. If cam continues to portray himself and the sport in a negative light going forward then I’ll be the first to express disappointment the same way I expressed disappointment when all this started.
BHowell
10/25/2021 6:55am
It’s relevant. He’s an athlete that was injured by something some people are being forced to take in order to continue their job. This affects his...
It’s relevant. He’s an athlete that was injured by something some people are being forced to take in order to continue their job. This affects his career at least temporarily and possibly for life.
How is it a team rumor exactly? I have no issue with this on this site but how you chose to put it up makes it...
How is it a team rumor exactly? I have no issue with this on this site but how you chose to put it up makes it easy to question your intentions.
He has an injury that could limit his ability to perform his job indefinitely. I hope that it does not and that he’s able to recover...
He has an injury that could limit his ability to perform his job indefinitely. I hope that it does not and that he’s able to recover fully to be able to continue his mtb career, and living life to the fullest.
Drawing a very hard line in the sand here, and listen up Colin and everyone else.

Colin - Your post was not related to Team Rumors. If you wanted to address team rumors, you would have shared the video where Kyle addressed his YouTube audience directly to discuss his health and riding future. You did not choose that. You chose an interview on a doctor's platform to flex on your own idea.

Your post is not being deleted because we need people to get the idea to shape up. If you want to share discussions on vaccinations, we have places for that. Share and discuss away. A post such as yours derails the conversation from who is riding for what team. Stop it.

Do not reply to this. Do not discuss it further. The conversation is over in this forum. Start a new thread and please discuss it there.

As for the ongoing gossip about a rider's ethical stance and whether that person again is a good or bad human, debate that elsewhere.

Have input on who is switching teams? Cool. Share it.

People follow this thread because it is fun and at times, accurate. Let us please get back to that because I want to know if Amy is riding for Monster or Red Bull...

Thank you.
dd
10/25/2021 7:05am Edited Date/Time 10/25/2021 7:07am
piggy wrote:
It’s unfortunate to see Zink wash through so many sponsors over the years including some questionable ones - Corsair (I think), Hyper, Evil when they were...
It’s unfortunate to see Zink wash through so many sponsors over the years including some questionable ones - Corsair (I think), Hyper, Evil when they were really struggling, etc. if he’d played his cards right he’d be a godfather figure for a brand. But that interview (and other things) reveals it’s not just his playing of the cards…
DirkT wrote:
Nothing ever seems to be Zinks fault, even when it's something that he does all on his own. I'm more curious about the sponsors that have...
Nothing ever seems to be Zinks fault, even when it's something that he does all on his own. I'm more curious about the sponsors that have stuck with him for such a long time. If I'm a bike company, why would I want to sponsor the guy that has done several questionable things on social media, and seems to pretty openly talk shit about past sponsors?
Probably cause most people make mistakes and he is one of the most talented and accomplished riders in his sport. If everyone was judged solely on...
Probably cause most people make mistakes and he is one of the most talented and accomplished riders in his sport. If everyone was judged solely on their lowest moments then the world would be a pretty sad place. I’d be willling to bet most men zink’s age has used the word faggot derogatorily. It was extremely popular among my generation to the point to many of us it no longer was really tied to homophobia. South park has a great episode about it. Beyond that everyone has done regrettable things to others or just being reckless. I stopped using that word long ago along with most people but I don’t live in the bubble of a pro athlete and everyone matures in different ways at different paces. I hope zink was honest in his apologies and promise to do better by fans and the sport. But I suppose we could just stone him to death and get it over with since showing outrage seems to do such a great job of solving differences and making people change for the better.
I share your sentiment about forgiveness. But I disagree with the excuses listed: just because everyone is doing something does not make it okay to do, and just because something is on television does not make it right. Also, I think it is important to recognize that not everyone of that generation used that word, that many, many people fought against that bigotry (and their fight is why the use of that word and intolerance against the gay community has diminished).
Let's remember that Zink is not a victim here, he is not being stoned to death by cancel culture, he is suffering the consequences of his actions.

In a larger context, it is important to understand that members of oppressed groups get to decide the facts of their oppression, they get to decide what is okay and what is not okay. If a person is not a member of the oppressed group they should be quiet and listen.

I do wish there were some rumors to discuss....
danposs86
10/25/2021 7:26am Edited Date/Time 10/25/2021 7:27am
BHowell wrote:
Drawing a very hard line in the sand here, and listen up Colin and everyone else. Colin - Your post was not related to Team Rumors...
Drawing a very hard line in the sand here, and listen up Colin and everyone else.

Colin - Your post was not related to Team Rumors. If you wanted to address team rumors, you would have shared the video where Kyle addressed his YouTube audience directly to discuss his health and riding future. You did not choose that. You chose an interview on a doctor's platform to flex on your own idea.

Your post is not being deleted because we need people to get the idea to shape up. If you want to share discussions on vaccinations, we have places for that. Share and discuss away. A post such as yours derails the conversation from who is riding for what team. Stop it.

Do not reply to this. Do not discuss it further. The conversation is over in this forum. Start a new thread and please discuss it there.

As for the ongoing gossip about a rider's ethical stance and whether that person again is a good or bad human, debate that elsewhere.

People follow this thread because it is fun and at times, accurate. Let us please get back to that because I want to know if Amy is riding for Monster or Red Bull...

Thank you.
Rockstar?
10/25/2021 7:35am
DirkT wrote:
Nothing ever seems to be Zinks fault, even when it's something that he does all on his own. I'm more curious about the sponsors that have...
Nothing ever seems to be Zinks fault, even when it's something that he does all on his own. I'm more curious about the sponsors that have stuck with him for such a long time. If I'm a bike company, why would I want to sponsor the guy that has done several questionable things on social media, and seems to pretty openly talk shit about past sponsors?
dd wrote:
I share your sentiment about forgiveness. But I disagree with the excuses listed: just because everyone is doing something does not make it okay to do...
I share your sentiment about forgiveness. But I disagree with the excuses listed: just because everyone is doing something does not make it okay to do, and just because something is on television does not make it right. Also, I think it is important to recognize that not everyone of that generation used that word, that many, many people fought against that bigotry (and their fight is why the use of that word and intolerance against the gay community has diminished).
Let's remember that Zink is not a victim here, he is not being stoned to death by cancel culture, he is suffering the consequences of his actions.

In a larger context, it is important to understand that members of oppressed groups get to decide the facts of their oppression, they get to decide what is okay and what is not okay. If a person is not a member of the oppressed group they should be quiet and listen.

I do wish there were some rumors to discuss....
I won’t post on the subject again I this thread from here on out. But I am bisexual and can certainly attest to the damage the word has done to me. It took me a long time to admit to myself that I was bisexual. And while I don’t hide my sexuality I generally very rarely advertise it. I know I’d been far more comfortable with myself growing up today then when I did. I’d completely agree that the world is better off without that word in pop culture even if I wasn’t. But I also don’t blame individuals for culture and never was under the impression cam was homophobic, but rather just pretty stupid and insensitive. And while you can never truly tell someone’s intentions, I am generally pretty good at recognizing the difference.

10/25/2021 8:15am
I hear Amy Morrison is going to be on a Tracer 279 for the full 2022 EWS season with an energy drink lid.
Is she still teaching or taking time off to give it a full go?
10/25/2021 8:27am
BHowell wrote:
Drawing a very hard line in the sand here, and listen up Colin and everyone else. Colin - Your post was not related to Team Rumors...

Thank you.
danposs86 wrote:
Rockstar?
Bang?
metadave
10/25/2021 8:35am
SB14 wrote:
Form the last couple of years, I have read all the post in these threads for some years now, and it seems there was a lot...
Form the last couple of years, I have read all the post in these threads for some years now, and it seems there was a lot of bait in the social media. And from what I can read here, I am not on any platform, this aspect seems to be missing this year. Is there a change in marketing budgets this year? A different strategy? Is the Covid disruption of the normal contract cylces a result in less movement between teams?

Somethin is up with rumors this year and last year. This thread does not follow its "normal" flow of information. Any thoughts on this?
Interesting point, I haven't seen much in the way of hints or slip ups by industry people, even Warner kept his stick on the Ice at the last race but maybe there wasn't much to report. Last year bwe had all sorts of drama going on with Danny, Jack and others but this year has been super quiet. Remember when Eddy went to Pivot? The last race had barely finished the awards and we had him announcing he was leaving his old team for pivot.

It also seems like the silly factor we had a few years ago has been lost to a certain degree. I remember 2017 or 18 I think where this thread was hundreds of pages. Plus the years we had team rumors/ream tumors, giving us cryptic messages and drawings to figure out over a few months. That was some serial killer shit and we loved every minute of it.
sspomer
10/25/2021 8:56am
have to imagine teams, riders and brands now realize they can milk rumors for social media growth, so they keep cards closer. thankfully we have you steely-eyed sleuths to point out barely visible, lo-res slip-ups on zoomed-in Instagram photos paired with a few eager moles to make them lose sleep at night when something leaks Laughing
jeff.brines
10/25/2021 12:11pm
As others point out, no Team Rumors/Ream Tumors is the biggest loss.Warner always slipping up was great and added fuel to the fire.

Two other things...

1) No "high drama" contracts are up or unknown at this point (right?). When everyone was wondering what Gwin was doing, or if Bryceland was in fact done it felt more fun to follow.

2) Its a supply problem, IE - there aren't many "real" contracts out there. Don't misread, I'm not trying to discount those riders who are top 40 but not podium contenders. However, end of the day, there are what? 20-30 (??) contracts in DH and enduro where the rider is making enough to justify the risk & opportunity cost of what else they could go do (and still race for fun). That doesn't leave much room for rumors to even get started.

tullie
10/25/2021 12:36pm
Anybody in the top 10 downhill have contracts up this year?
mixmastamikal
10/25/2021 12:40pm Edited Date/Time 10/25/2021 12:44pm
BHowell wrote:

Thank you.
danposs86 wrote:
Rockstar?
Bang?
You're all wrong, Bawls energy is making a comeback and targeting the rapidly growing Women's MTB sector.

pinkrobe
10/25/2021 1:30pm
Any Team Brenda [Miranda Miller] rumours? She finished right behind ALN in the overall, but it seems like everything is up in the air, which I find odd.
10/25/2021 4:22pm
I'm going to guess that a lot of the people we were talking about last year signed multi year deals, so things are a little more quiet now.. And, I think with a lot of uncertainty still out there regarding races get canceled and supply issues, there are teams running a little lean...
10/26/2021 6:04am
I hear Amy Morrison is going to be on a Tracer 279 for the full 2022 EWS season with an energy drink lid.
Oh she'll still be coaching, aka takin' the EWS field to school... Cool
Mr.Nally
10/26/2021 9:13am
Oh she'll still be coaching, aka takin' the EWS field to school... Cool
With only one top 10 EWS result to her name I'm not sure what that school will be like
mfoga
10/26/2021 11:18am
Steve Peat to Canyon. He just liked a IG post about new canyon bikes 😂
10/26/2021 12:09pm
Pinkbike Team. Seems pretty cool.
10/26/2021 9:00pm
pinkrobe wrote:
Any Team Brenda [Miranda Miller] rumours? She finished right behind ALN in the overall, but it seems like everything is up in the air, which I...
Any Team Brenda [Miranda Miller] rumours? She finished right behind ALN in the overall, but it seems like everything is up in the air, which I find odd.
Maybe she just needs an acronym?

MFM, Miranda Fucking Miller!
Just no "supplements" like KFC...Wink
NJPA Rider
10/27/2021 1:38am
Where did the rumor of Ratboy returning to The Syndicate and racing the world cup come from? Is there anything to it?
jeff.brines
10/27/2021 4:45am
NJPA Rider wrote:
Where did the rumor of Ratboy returning to The Syndicate and racing the world cup come from? Is there anything to it?
Watching his insta makes me think that's a "hard no". He's not training, not showing up to smaller races, not even riding a DH bike. Would absolutely love to see him come back though.
sharpy212
10/27/2021 6:01am
Benoit coulanges….. anyone heard where he is going?
trpfanboy
10/27/2021 7:08am
NJPA Rider wrote:
only came up because WADA might end their ban on pot for pro athletes.
Edthorne
10/27/2021 7:17am
sharpy212 wrote:
If Luca Shaw were to leave the Syndicate, I could see that being an option. I'd like to see an up and comer like Coulanges on Norco, but that doesn't seem likely.
vweb
10/27/2021 7:34am
sharpy212 wrote:
Yes. He'll end up at Dorval AM.
Aye
10/27/2021 7:56am Edited Date/Time 10/27/2021 6:44pm
NJPA Rider wrote:
Nah. He was asked if he would race DH again on his Instagram account a couple of months ago and his answer was something like “no, I don't have the balls for that anymore”
sharpy212
10/27/2021 8:24am
sharpy212 wrote:
vweb wrote:
Yes. He'll end up at Dorval AM.
Thought he has already stated that’s he’s already signed with a new team.

“4 teams have expressed their interest, I can say that I have already made my final choice and we are close to the final details." - Benoit Coulanges
Mr.Nally
10/27/2021 8:30am
This thread has already got as far as anti-vax, will be hitting Godwin's law soon at this rate. So here's some info

Luca Shaw to Canyon
Dylan Levesque to Scott
Greenland to Syndicate
Eddie Masters to Mondraker
Commencal sign the entire population of San Marino
Coulanges to Pivot
Vali Holl gets a new team mate
Red Bull sign a new rider for DH
Dorval running an all female team with Mile Jonset

Post a reply to: 2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

The Latest