2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Related:
7/14/2021 7:25am
I'm hoping this becomes a good thing for Vital. Vital has always had better content but maybe not the budget to be at all the races/events viewers care about. I generally go to pinkbike when there is no coverage of something I'm interested in here.
Ahab
7/14/2021 7:27am
Where did Outside get all this cash to be hoovering up all these platforms? Yeesch.

Support independent media. Cranked magazine, Misspent Summers and Adventure Journal are pretty great. And of course turn off your ad blocker for Vital.
7/14/2021 7:31am
Ahab wrote:
Where did Outside get all this cash to be hoovering up all these platforms? Yeesch. Support independent media. Cranked magazine, Misspent Summers and Adventure Journal are...
Where did Outside get all this cash to be hoovering up all these platforms? Yeesch.

Support independent media. Cranked magazine, Misspent Summers and Adventure Journal are pretty great. And of course turn off your ad blocker for Vital.
Venture capitalists: https://pitchbook.com/profiles/company/223887-25#overview

This is the guy running it: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robinthurston/

Background in finance and tech.
7/14/2021 7:31am
Smell that, Gordo? That's opportunity....or the dumpster fire that the Pinkbike comments section is turning into at the moment.
nskerb
7/14/2021 7:37am
Sspomer,

As being on both Vital and PB quite a bit. the thing that makes me hate PB more as the years pass if the pissing matches that occur in every single comment section of an article, and the lack of that at Vital makes me like this site more and more.

PB was posting some articles about riding in Idaho. Not a moment too soon the commenters were complaining about trump country/pickups/white supremacists that don't exist and every single thing they could think of that had absolutely nothing to do with anything. PB could post a picture of a dog and somebody would get into the inner complexities of the underground railroad of animal shelters and shame somebody else for either not having enough dogs or polluting the air by owning a dog.

I hope Vital does blow up, and I especially hope the politics do not.
ereotav
7/14/2021 7:37am
krka73 wrote:
This is the reason I signed up here today.
Same here. Ive been reading vital for years but just now signed up for an account
Hello y'all !!

I dont have high hopes for PB. Just look at what happened to Bike. They got bought, changed to Beta MTB and now almost all content is behind a paywall

sspomer
7/14/2021 7:43am
thoughts on banning all new vital signups for 1 year? Woohoo (kidding, but welcome to vital)
7/14/2021 7:45am
Ahab wrote:
Where did Outside get all this cash to be hoovering up all these platforms? Yeesch. Support independent media. Cranked magazine, Misspent Summers and Adventure Journal are...

They were reformed a few years ago to become the corporate conglomerate of outdoor publications. They’ve been buying anything up with value. They bought pink bike for Trailforks as much or more so than the editorial side. Seems a major focus is in apps whether they be health, navigation, or sport training related.

I’m glad for hradek. I’m sure the payout was pretty damn spectacular. He undoubtedly started something really cool and deserves a bonus now he’s ready. But pinkbike has been trying too hard for years and this is just going to make things worse. Mtb doesn’t need reality shows, a media sponsored privateer team, an update to homepage every hr, or to be pushing cross platforming.

Thanks to vital for pushing quality over quantity and pushing values over clickbait. Vital still has hanging on raceweekend or on the trails vibes which pinkbike sadly lost some time ago. Hope spoomer atleast gets a nice car out of it when it’s retirement time 😂.
Simcik
7/14/2021 7:45am
So, does this mean anything worth reading will now involve a subscription?
I am sure a huge portion of their content will remain free (ya know, all the user generated content and paidvertorial bike launches/reviews), but the stuff that their staff creates will probably be pay. Comment sections in Vital are about to start blowing up!
7/14/2021 7:53am
Bets on the word count of the post Jeff Brines is no doubt crafting right now?

Imma go with 23,790.
7/14/2021 7:55am
Ahab wrote:

They were reformed a few years ago to become the corporate conglomerate of outdoor publications. They’ve been buying anything up with value. They bought pink bike...
They were reformed a few years ago to become the corporate conglomerate of outdoor publications. They’ve been buying anything up with value. They bought pink bike for Trailforks as much or more so than the editorial side. Seems a major focus is in apps whether they be health, navigation, or sport training related.

I’m glad for hradek. I’m sure the payout was pretty damn spectacular. He undoubtedly started something really cool and deserves a bonus now he’s ready. But pinkbike has been trying too hard for years and this is just going to make things worse. Mtb doesn’t need reality shows, a media sponsored privateer team, an update to homepage every hr, or to be pushing cross platforming.

Thanks to vital for pushing quality over quantity and pushing values over clickbait. Vital still has hanging on raceweekend or on the trails vibes which pinkbike sadly lost some time ago. Hope spoomer atleast gets a nice car out of it when it’s retirement time 😂.
Spomer gets a car???? What about us gnomes at the coal face???? I have to work in two different time zones halfway across the globe and you want to give GORDO the wheels??? WoohooWoohooWoohoo

Just kidding. He likes the Toyota Yaris BTW. Sick
7/14/2021 7:57am
HOT DAMN LOOK AT THAT POST COUNT! legendary marzo number. I have to stop posting now, sorry.

oh no, wait....what just happened
dstucki
7/14/2021 8:30am
do not pass go, do not collect $200...
t-stoff
7/14/2021 8:35am
Maybe it's just as little offtopic but... I recently saw a instastorie on Valli Holl Instagram where she posted a German passport. What benefits can a Austrian athlete get from an German passport?
Big Bird
7/14/2021 8:53am
Please Gordo, please. Don't let Vital become another Pinkbike. If it becomes a shit show like that my future here is uncertain.
Albe23
7/14/2021 9:03am
Well the Pinkbike acquisition will certainly make lurking here a bit more interesting. Time to play "Spot the same username" game...
7/14/2021 9:05am
Bets on the word count of the post Jeff Brines is no doubt crafting right now?

Imma go with 23,790.
Funniest thing I have read today!
sspomer
7/14/2021 9:18am
Big Bird wrote:
Please Gordo, please. Don't let Vital become another Pinkbike. If it becomes a shit show like that my future here is uncertain.
it won't.
jsray
7/14/2021 9:20am
Vital IG count is 548k. 600K by Monday.
mntnmrtn
7/14/2021 9:50am
Big Bird wrote:
Crossing my fingers too!
sspomer
7/14/2021 9:51am
Big Bird wrote:
mntnmrtn wrote:
Crossing my fingers too!
internal discussion about making new users coming from PB have to pay to be on vital. should we do it? (again, kidding, but welcome to vital)
sspomer
7/14/2021 9:55am
gonna be a wild couple of days until everyone forgets and goes back to life as normal LOL

Texicans
7/14/2021 9:58am
Hi, cool comments section. Where do I stash my beer? Anyone bring pretzels or nuts?

Cheers from a PB refugee.
jsray
7/14/2021 10:01am
Outside. Stay the F away from Vital, freehub, and enduro mag. If they come after vital they’re gonna get jumped.
sspomer
7/14/2021 10:01am
Texicans wrote:
Hi, cool comments section. Where do I stash my beer? Anyone bring pretzels or nuts?

Cheers from a PB refugee.
as a new PB-converted sign-up, your card will be charged shortly and uber-eats will deliver popcorn within the hour
papadb
7/14/2021 10:04am
ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST.

Post a reply to: 2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

The Latest