Accessibility Widget: On | Off

2021 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Create New Tag

11/10/2020 8:30 AM

Shaun Palmer to start his own brand of Cadillac tattoo-ed bikes and sign Steve Peat to pilot to his first Vet Worlds Champs.

|

Trouble Maker. Here to spit truth in the form of sarcasm.

11/10/2020 11:40 AM

PB has a rumor article with Shandros confirmation that Reece Willson is staying on Trek! Also interesting question is about Vali leaving YT, she has literaly grown up on that brand and sounds weird leaving it now...

|

11/10/2020 12:08 PM

Kade to Canyon or FMD? Unlikely but it may be a good fit.
Photo

|

11/10/2020 12:17 PM

Darth_Sloth wrote:

Kade to Canyon or FMD? Unlikely but it may be a good fit.
Photo

really doubt he is filming for Canyon wearing all Trek gear.....

|

11/10/2020 6:06 PM

Darth_Sloth wrote:

Kade to Canyon or FMD? Unlikely but it may be a good fit.
Photo

Zuestman wrote:

really doubt he is filming for Canyon wearing all Trek gear.....

Kade is dating Tahnee and is riding buddies with kaos. They’ve filmed a lot of stuff before. Could be a “day in the life” style video or behind the scenes of the FMD team.

|

Snoopin around lookin for the best trails and sketchiest lines

11/11/2020 6:02 PM

Broken_spoke.photo wrote:

Kade is dating Tahnee and is riding buddies with kaos. They’ve filmed a lot of stuff before. Could be a “day in the life” style video or behind the scenes of the FMD team.

That is much nicer way of saying what it. I was going with he is just dating his buddies sister who also happens to be in the picture.

|

11/12/2020 2:30 PM

kevroberts wrote:

Not sure if anything has been confirmed on this yet... friend of a friend (tenuous, I know) was at descend hammsterly on Friday (Danny’s bike park for those not in the know) and apparently his mechanic, presumably he means Scott Mears was riding a Cube bike.

Karabuka wrote:

Nothing has been confirmed yet but considering Warner mentioned that rumor on redbull stream couple of times makes it real possibility!

Scotty Mears is returning to DH racing next year. Him and Danny on Cube perhaps?

|

11/12/2020 3:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/12/2020 3:33 PM

Brendog has tape over the Scott logos on his jump bike in his new youtube video



EDIT: Read through the comments, he commented saying its his brothers bike he is borrowing.
|

11/12/2020 3:44 PM

Photo
Photo


Greg and marshy doing wine time with commencal crew
|

11/12/2020 11:50 PM

Maybe the fast Frenchie to Trek is not Loris but either Amaury or Thibaut Daprela? Loris is an Oakley and Fox Clothing & Suspension rider - Trek runs SRAM/Rock Shox and 100%. Addionally I think that Amaury's contract extension might be quite expensive and with Myriam & Remi already on the team it might get hard to affort all 4 of them :-)

|

11/13/2020 4:51 AM

derHector wrote:

Maybe the fast Frenchie to Trek is not Loris but either Amaury or Thibaut Daprela? Loris is an Oakley and Fox Clothing & Suspension rider - Trek runs SRAM/Rock Shox and 100%. Addionally I think that Amaury's contract extension might be quite expensive and with Myriam & Remi already on the team it might get hard to affort all 4 of them :-)

Can’t imagine Amaury leaving Commencal...they have one of the best bikes on the market, a good team, etc. Same for Thibaut...

|

11/13/2020 4:58 AM

I really hope that Dak gets a good ride next year! He was definitely up in the mix!

And what about Finn? Is his contract still running? Leaving Specialized would probably be a good step, going his own way. Finn to Trek? Why not? or Finn to Devinci, but they do not have a mullet right now, a full 29er is probably not the best for his height.

|

11/13/2020 5:21 AM

C-LION wrote:

I really hope that Dak gets a good ride next year! He was definitely up in the mix!

And what about Finn? Is his contract still running? Leaving Specialized would probably be a good step, going his own way. Finn to Trek? Why not? or Finn to Devinci, but they do not have a mullet right now, a full 29er is probably not the best for his height.

Doubt there is a anyone leaving specialized next year. They need to bring a woman back to the team though. Vali?

|

11/13/2020 5:57 AM

C-LION wrote:

I really hope that Dak gets a good ride next year! He was definitely up in the mix!

And what about Finn? Is his contract still running? Leaving Specialized would probably be a good step, going his own way. Finn to Trek? Why not? or Finn to Devinci, but they do not have a mullet right now, a full 29er is probably not the best for his height.

I've also thought Finn would be better off moving to a new team. Seems like he is riding over his head to keep up with Loic and crashes out more than he finishes. Maybe getting out of Loic's shadow would let him slow down a bit and finish some race runs.

|

11/13/2020 6:14 AM

C-LION wrote:

I really hope that Dak gets a good ride next year! He was definitely up in the mix!

And what about Finn? Is his contract still running? Leaving Specialized would probably be a good step, going his own way. Finn to Trek? Why not? or Finn to Devinci, but they do not have a mullet right now, a full 29er is probably not the best for his height.

bulletbass man wrote:

Doubt there is a anyone leaving specialized next year. They need to bring a woman back to the team though. Vali?

No way for Vali to move to the big S with Ohlins as he's linked to SRAM

|

11/13/2020 6:35 AM

Am I being naive, but why would suspension sponsors and clothing sponsors stop riders signing new contracts?

Loads of riders each year change teams that use different brands, I get riders like jack Moir was pretty unhappy with the kit that intense used when Gwin came in (I seem to remember ready he was glad to be back on R/S at Canyon). So I get riders probably have preferred components, But lots of riders change with teams.

Surly the biggest issues riders would consider, would be like, how many offers are on the table? what support could that team/sponsor give the rider? team facility’s?
And probably most of all, how many £$€’s are they willing to pay for their signature?

It would seem that riders with enough pulling power take components with them, Athertons, Gwin ect, and I would guess Gregg probably has a big hand in the brands S/C use.

I don’t know it’s just a thought? Lois was young when he joined S/C and lest face it was a massive jump. But he’s a top rider now he probably has more say when he’s deciding where to go?

|

11/13/2020 8:04 AM

I get some of them don't want to change components (case in point Moir, Gwin running FOX suspension with Specialized, when the team was on Rock Shox), but I don't see the point in comments saying 'he's running X components and Y clothing when the new team doesn't, so he won't change. It's exactly the same with the frames, frames are just a component after all.

As for components, I'd like to hear how much say the riders have in it, but I'm not really sure there is much say, maybe when there are competing offers on the table by choosing the one they prefer. Other than that, I think it's more of a 'give me the money' thing...

Though, speaking about Loris, I do wonder what he would do with RS suspension without having Jordi (or a Jordi) to annoy during races smile

|

11/13/2020 8:17 AM

• Vergier to Trek
• Pierron slides into the empty spot on the Syndicate.
• Charlie Harrison, Dak Norton and Finn Sign to Race Face/ Devinci Team

|

11/13/2020 8:24 AM

Dak is already on the Devinci frames...

|

11/13/2020 8:34 AM

Primoz wrote:

I get some of them don't want to change components (case in point Moir, Gwin running FOX suspension with Specialized, when the team was on Rock Shox), but I don't see the point in comments saying 'he's running X components and Y clothing when the new team doesn't, so he won't change. It's exactly the same with the frames, frames are just a component after all.

As for components, I'd like to hear how much say the riders have in it, but I'm not really sure there is much say, maybe when there are competing offers on the table by choosing the one they prefer. Other than that, I think it's more of a 'give me the money' thing...

Though, speaking about Loris, I do wonder what he would do with RS suspension without having Jordi (or a Jordi) to annoy during races smile

Whenever I hear Loris and Jordi talking I wonder if a dice with faces like +1HSC -1LSR, +3psi, ... and a psychologist would be at least as helpful wink

Shouldn't a world cup pro know what the knobs do? I mean if it's about changing the shim stack then he surely needs a suspension professional. Or if they analyze telemetry data.

Like the last time I saw Dialed when he came after the first run in the morning and he was unhappy. I think even weekend warriors have made the experience that the first run often feels different. Sometimes I feel they do this just for the videos.

But I love his often weird character and I hope he stays with Syndicate.

|

11/13/2020 8:36 AM

Primoz wrote:

Dak is already on the Devinci frames...

And was quoted on Wyn TV saying he wasn't sure what the future held.

|

11/13/2020 8:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/13/2020 8:45 AM

A lot of the French are on sram, so maybe loris wouldn’t be bothered. SRAM have been doing pretty well recently in terms of wins on their stuff too. Does Loic still ride sram drivetrain.
I think with Trek and specialized are about as big as they come and they get pretty much what they want.
Trek went full sram components after the Athertons left, wonder if that was just the easiest option in a short time, and given they didn’t at the time have a top rider they needed to satisfy.

|

11/13/2020 8:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/13/2020 8:50 AM

Primoz wrote:

Dak is already on the Devinci frames...

stoic_machine wrote:

And was quoted on Wyn TV saying he wasn't sure what the future held.

Therefore why Devinci again? Or if it's a resigning or anything like that, where is Jure?

As for Loris, it might as well just be psychological, bouncing ideas off someone you trust. Which is what Jordi has hinted at quite a few times.

And World cup level and knowing what the knobs do, do you think motorsports guys do that? That has gotten to such a high level engineers set up the cars through simulations (numerical) and simulator running with only minute adjustments at the track, with the drivers often being pushed towards the 'ideal' setup because of multiple reasons.

As for Sram vs. Shimano/FOX, Loris already was on Sram, when he was with the Gravity Republic team (Lapierre/Specialized). In the end, it's just equipment and I'm sure Sram has techs just as knowledgeable, but it is fun to see Loris talking with Jordi and all the sound effects he makes smile

|

11/13/2020 9:30 AM

i like Primoz last point - how different can fox vs rs support be at that level? I think fox just has a better marketing dept that is taking advantage of a past media void... and they are sorta crushing it. dialed videos are hot. but if i was a betting man I would say the support from fox vs rs is comparable, especially for the top riders

|

11/13/2020 9:40 AM

Totally agree on the marketing part. I'm an all out Sram guy (thinking about trying out Shimano 12spd drivetrains ATM, but suspension wise, it's all RS for me), but I love the Dialed series. Absolutely love it. And loving what Jordi is doing, the way he presents himself and the content, etc. What Fox has on their hands with the series and Jordi (and the rest of the gang to be honest) is invaluable.

|

11/13/2020 10:25 AM

What if Loris is actually not very stoked on Fox, seeing his frenchie buddies kill it on RS and Öhlins.

While we're all stuck on Fox, Loris, Jordie, dialled, etc... I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if he was to seek out a team with a different suspension sponsor.

|

11/13/2020 10:44 AM

Maybe not having to compete for the attention of Jordi has its advantages, He can surly only see so many riders on a race weekend?
If rider A feels like Jordi is spending more time with rider B on a race weekend does it get into rider A’s head?
Just because Jordi is so well known. Whereas and I’m sure R/S have a Jordi, the R/S chief Tech isn’t aswell know so riders may not feel as much at a disadvantage by having a normal R/S tech do some work?
Bruni and Fin probably have near one to one support on ohlins, maybe.

That’s a complete theory by the way ha ha

|

11/13/2020 10:54 AM

Tanner_Carl wrote:

What if Loris is actually not very stoked on Fox, seeing his frenchie buddies kill it on RS and Öhlins.

While we're all stuck on Fox, Loris, Jordie, dialled, etc... I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if he was to seek out a team with a different suspension sponsor.

This comment doesn't make much sense.

Loris has been on the podium - and winning - quite a bit over the last few seasons. So it's not like he's constantly looking "up" and wondering if he needs different suspension to break onto the podium.

Besides, I believe Loic is the only one on Ohlins that is regularly on the podium.

|

11/13/2020 1:34 PM

Here’s something I haven’t seen brought up. Loris to Scott. Brendan is more of a brand ambassador that races occasionally. And they have no one on the men’s side, for a serious podium threat. And they have the $$ if they choose to spend it.

|

11/13/2020 5:50 PM

Primoz wrote:

Dak is already on the Devinci frames...

stoic_machine wrote:

And was quoted on Wyn TV saying he wasn't sure what the future held.

Primoz wrote:

Therefore why Devinci again? Or if it's a resigning or anything like that, where is Jure?

As for Loris, it might as well just be psychological, bouncing ideas off someone you trust. Which is what Jordi has hinted at quite a few times.

And World cup level and knowing what the knobs do, do you think motorsports guys do that? That has gotten to such a high level engineers set up the cars through simulations (numerical) and simulator running with only minute adjustments at the track, with the drivers often being pushed towards the 'ideal' setup because of multiple reasons.

As for Sram vs. Shimano/FOX, Loris already was on Sram, when he was with the Gravity Republic team (Lapierre/Specialized). In the end, it's just equipment and I'm sure Sram has techs just as knowledgeable, but it is fun to see Loris talking with Jordi and all the sound effects he makes smile

Could Unior be leaving Devinci and that is why Dak is saying he doesn't know what the future holds?

|