Accessibility Widget: On | Off

2021 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Create New Tag

11/3/2020 2:08 PM

Kerikeri wrote:

Bruni mentioned on the Vital post race Podcast that Greg Minaar was moving to Andora for the winter(?) and that they had business together. Interesting, as you'd think the training would be better in South Africa.

Shiftay_Robbay wrote:

I would assume there is better riding in Andorra than SA tho for the sake of training

Possibly also the way Covid lockdown was run in SA meant no outdoor training for a long time period and it was strictly enforced. I suspect that Andorra rules are slightly easier regarding outdoor exercise (even after periods of 100% lockdown)

|

11/3/2020 6:44 PM

dolface wrote:

Couple of tidbits from the latest Wyn TV; Atwill and Dak both looking for gigs next year.
(Also is it just the camera angle/armor or does Bruni look massive next to Wyn?)

Also from WynTV:

• Dante Silva might end up in Canyon next year
• Privateer Jamie Edmondson should get snapped up next season
• Matt Walker to get an energy drink sponsor (more tongue in cheek but certainly possible)
• Minnaar will train even more in the summer (or winter, if he really is going to Andorra)

|

11/4/2020 1:22 AM

stedaly87 wrote:

If Dakota Norton leaves Davinci any fancy Mark Wallace to go there in replacement?

Could Atherton racing take another Elite rider, their bikes are going public with the sale of shares. Surly they will want that bike on podiums next year? It would be a though ask to put it all on Rachel’s shoulders given how strong the woman’s field is and that’s she’s coming back to racing?

Also someone has to give Jamie Edmondson a ride for next year after his awesome results.

TamiJean wrote:

Crowd funding is not going public. Seems like they are just trying to get their business infrastructure going

stedaly87 wrote:

CrowdCube they have set up is selling shares in the business at £11 a share? Is that not different to crowd funding?? But technicalities aside, my point is a bike getting podiums is going to get more investment than one that’s not, Surly? Would they not want to get someone in who can get them?

It's not 'public' because you can't sell the shares. It's a bit like being a member of an organisation. You only monetize the shares if the company gets sold, or does go public.

|

11/4/2020 2:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/4/2020 2:30 AM

TamiJean wrote:

Crowd funding is not going public. Seems like they are just trying to get their business infrastructure going

stedaly87 wrote:

CrowdCube they have set up is selling shares in the business at £11 a share? Is that not different to crowd funding?? But technicalities aside, my point is a bike getting podiums is going to get more investment than one that’s not, Surly? Would they not want to get someone in who can get them?

thingswelike wrote:

It's not 'public' because you can't sell the shares. It's a bit like being a member of an organisation. You only monetize the shares if the company gets sold, or does go public.

😂😂😂 mate apologies for misusing terminology, I’m not an investment banker, and this is a team rumours thread. I don’t care what the technical terminology is or the in’s and outs. They are asking for money from people to invest in their bike company are they not?

Would a bike that’s getting a podiums and wins be something that people would would want to give money to? Rather than one that’s not?? Or even just people buying the bike? Given that Gee and Charlie aren’t getting them and Rach might have it tough next year.

So my point and the one that I stated and the one that’s relevant to this page, would they not want a top rider to get podiums to make the bike more sellable and to gain more interest in the investment thing they are doing?

|

11/4/2020 2:28 AM

stedaly87 wrote:

😂😂😂 mate apologies for misusing terminology, I’m not an investment banker, and this is a team rumours thread. I don’t care what the technical terminology is or the in’s and outs. They are asking for money from people to invest in their bike company are they not?

Would a bike that’s getting a podiums and wins be something that people would would want to give money to? Rather than one that’s not?? Or even just people buying the bike? Given that Gee and Charlie aren’t getting them and Rach might have it tough next year.

So my point and the one that I stated and the one that’s relevant to this page, would they not want a top rider to get podiums to make the bike more sellable and to gain more interest in the investment thing they are doing?

The funding period will be well over by then (in fact I think it's already funded).
So I guess it depends on whether some of the money was meant to be for a top rider, or as they stated themselves it was for the in-house equipment needed to start production-proper.

Personally, I don't think we'll see them sign anyone big this coming year. I think they have enough outgoings as it is and they'll see this as a long-term project with a slow-build.

The way Rachel is talking, she's gutted to miss these races, so hopefully no retirement plans and she can get some more wins to keep the brand talked about.

|

11/4/2020 3:03 AM

thingswelike wrote:

stedaly87 wrote:

thingswelike wrote:

The funding period will be well over by then (in fact I think it's already funded).
So I guess it depends on whether some of the money was meant to be for a top rider, or as they stated themselves it was for the in-house equipment needed to start production-proper.

Personally, I don't think we'll see them sign anyone big this coming year. I think they have enough outgoings as it is and they'll see this as a long-term project with a slow-build.

The way Rachel is talking, she's gutted to miss these races, so hopefully no retirement plans and she can get some more wins to keep the brand talked about.

Fair one. That’s a good point.

You would think soon though we’re gonna see a Atherton racing team without an Atherton racing on it. I wonder how it will go, weather they will be able to compete for top riders with top teams.

|

11/4/2020 11:31 PM

millsr4 wrote:

I saw an interview with Nina last weekend where she said she is on her own team by choice... I'm not so sure she is a top candidate.

Brian_Peterson wrote:

I've seen that before, too... But, Santa Cruz might be giving her enough to keep her going and to keep her from signing with another team...

millsr4 wrote:

That sounds like quite the speculation...

Isn't rumors and speculation what this thread is about?

|

11/5/2020 12:13 AM

Nina specifically said that she was really pleased she set up her own thing and didn't take the offer with the Syndicate, so I doubt another team could tempt her (although it could have just been a really crap offer from the Syndicate lol)

|

11/5/2020 12:13 AM

Brian_Peterson wrote:

I've seen that before, too... But, Santa Cruz might be giving her enough to keep her going and to keep her from signing with another team...

millsr4 wrote:

That sounds like quite the speculation...

Brian_Peterson wrote:

Isn't rumors and speculation what this thread is about?

I remember the press release, Nina categorically stated she had always wanted to run her own set-up, citing the experience she'd gain and independence among other things. Stif/ Santa Cruz etc. stepped up; I think the speculation being referred to is the cynical insinuation SC were low-balling her and stringing her along, when in fact they're supporting her personal ambitions.

|

11/5/2020 8:28 AM

Kerikeri wrote:

Bruni mentioned on the Vital post race Podcast that Greg Minaar was moving to Andora for the winter(?) and that they had business together. Interesting, as you'd think the training would be better in South Africa.

Shiftay_Robbay wrote:

I would assume there is better riding in Andorra than SA tho for the sake of training

puddings wrote:

Possibly also the way Covid lockdown was run in SA meant no outdoor training for a long time period and it was strictly enforced. I suspect that Andorra rules are slightly easier regarding outdoor exercise (even after periods of 100% lockdown)

Weird, I heard on the radio a couple days ago that Andorra has the highest per capital Covid rate in the world right now. Only caught my attention because you rarely hear Andorra mentioned on (US) national news.

|

11/5/2020 9:23 AM

Just listening to the most recent Drop In podcast with Reece Wilson as a guest, and by the sounds of it he will be staying with Trek next year - talks about an exciting project coming up with Trek soon, and already having a couple of team camps booked in for early in the new year. Not definitive, but I'd say he's likely to re-sign or is on a three year deal already.

&feature=emb_logo

Trek reference starts at 1:25:10.
|

11/5/2020 1:21 PM

dolface wrote:

Couple of tidbits from the latest Wyn TV; Atwill and Dak both looking for gigs next year.
(Also is it just the camera angle/armor or does Bruni look massive next to Wyn?)

Verbl Kint wrote:

Also from WynTV:

• Dante Silva might end up in Canyon next year
• Privateer Jamie Edmondson should get snapped up next season
• Matt Walker to get an energy drink sponsor (more tongue in cheek but certainly possible)
• Minnaar will train even more in the summer (or winter, if he really is going to Andorra)

Atwill move to GT....

|

11/5/2020 4:31 PM

DiogoBrancoDH! wrote:

Atwill move to GT....

Atwill and Wyn feeding off each other would be fun to watch.

|

11/7/2020 3:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/7/2020 3:40 PM

Any info on Danny's new team yet?

|

11/7/2020 6:33 PM

Danny back to Giant, Atwill is starting up the new new cannondale DH team and Gwin back to Trek!!!

|

11/8/2020 4:33 PM

stedaly87 wrote:

If Dakota Norton leaves Davinci any fancy Mark Wallace to go there in replacement?

Could Atherton racing take another Elite rider, their bikes are going public with the sale of shares. Surly they will want that bike on podiums next year? It would be a though ask to put it all on Rachel’s shoulders given how strong the woman’s field is and that’s she’s coming back to racing?

Also someone has to give Jamie Edmondson a ride for next year after his awesome results.

Photo
|

11/9/2020 1:38 AM

rafaelbratz wrote: Photo

That means literally nothing... come on

|

11/9/2020 1:41 AM

Philip_Rossetti wrote:

That means literally nothing... come on

Next year he is riding for the '31 others' team, you heard it here first!

|

11/9/2020 5:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/9/2020 5:22 AM

.... just a prediction here.... but if there’s a spot available on Santa Cruz..

|

11/9/2020 5:19 AM

stedaly87 wrote:

rafaelbratz wrote: Photo

Chain reaction cycles? Already on a nukeproof. Uk rider. That Cathro team of atwill and Edmund son is marketing gold. The industry would have to be stupid to not want to jump on that and support it to something sustainable even if it’s non traditional. Hopefully some brands and retailers step up.

|

11/9/2020 5:29 PM

Finn to Davinci

|

11/9/2020 5:38 PM

rtclark wrote:

Finn to Davinci

Home coming. Or is there still an East West Canada thing?

|

11/9/2020 5:45 PM

Big Bird wrote:

'Cause BC rap has my vote any day. Heavy seen...

|

11/9/2020 8:21 PM

rtclark wrote:

Finn to Davinci

Big Bird wrote:

The east/west beefs in Canada is what kind of donairs are the best, Halifax vs Mediterranean and whether shredded cheese on fries and gravy counts as poutine. It doesn't.

|

11/9/2020 11:48 PM

rtclark wrote:

Finn to Davinci

Big Bird wrote:

metadave wrote:

The east/west beefs in Canada is what kind of donairs are the best, Halifax vs Mediterranean and whether shredded cheese on fries and gravy counts as poutine. It doesn't.

The gravy is what makes a poutine. Anything else is just fries with gravy and cheese curd.

|

11/10/2020 1:03 AM

Big Bird wrote:

metadave wrote:

bulletbass man wrote:

The gravy is what makes a poutine. Anything else is just fries with gravy and cheese curd.

Photo
|

11/10/2020 4:44 AM

Not sure if anything has been confirmed on this yet... friend of a friend (tenuous, I know) was at descend hammsterly on Friday (Danny’s bike park for those not in the know) and apparently his mechanic, presumably he means Scott Mears was riding a Cube bike.

|

11/10/2020 5:41 AM

Loic post photo lunching with Minnar....whistling

|

11/10/2020 6:39 AM

|

11/10/2020 8:20 AM

kevroberts wrote:

Not sure if anything has been confirmed on this yet... friend of a friend (tenuous, I know) was at descend hammsterly on Friday (Danny’s bike park for those not in the know) and apparently his mechanic, presumably he means Scott Mears was riding a Cube bike.

Nothing has been confirmed yet but considering Warner mentioned that rumor on redbull stream couple of times makes it real possibility!

|