2021 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Karabuka
2/25/2021 1:14am Edited Date/Time 2/25/2021 1:18am
Maxipedia wrote:
I saw an Intend fork in the flesh at the 2018 World Champs in Lenzerheide , as we were sleeping in the parking lot, next to...
I saw an Intend fork in the flesh at the 2018 World Champs in Lenzerheide , as we were sleeping in the parking lot, next to Nina Hoffman's van, who was then on Intend. That fork looked amazing. I think I asked ”may I touch it?”. The last time when I did that was in 1999 and the item of desire was a GT STS Lobo, an absurd bike to have in Eastern Europe during those days.

Obviously, I came here to brag that I saw that fork live and was in 2018 in Lenzeheide. Don't mind me.

Mx
Only problem with your statement is that the last world cup in Champery was in 2011...

There is however a rumor that its coming back for 2025! That race could be easily organized by UCI themselves considering the venue is 20min drive from their HQ.
Maxipedia
2/25/2021 1:41am
Karabuka wrote:
Only problem with your statement is that the last world cup in Champery was in 2011... There is however a rumor that its coming back for...
Only problem with your statement is that the last world cup in Champery was in 2011...

There is however a rumor that its coming back for 2025! That race could be easily organized by UCI themselves considering the venue is 20min drive from their HQ.
I'm obviously an imbecile, I was thinking about Lenzerheide, it came out Champery. #nobrains
Tanner_Carl
2/25/2021 5:32am
Gonna be on Marz with the rest of the Freeride/Freestyle guys.
I don't think he'd comment #freeagent if he was on Marz, being Fox's sister company.
LLLLL
2/25/2021 6:14am
metadave wrote:
Given fox's and other companies current availability and stock issues, i'm sure some cut backs are in order for sponsorship of even some high profile athletes...
Given fox's and other companies current availability and stock issues, i'm sure some cut backs are in order for sponsorship of even some high profile athletes. No forks available mean no forks and that might be a clause in a contract somewhere.

on the flip side, not that I have any sort of sponsorship other than working in the bike industry, but I can't even get parts for myself for 8-13 more months or more, so if parts availability timelines started to extend past the end of a contract for a rider, that might cause issues if another company with stuff to give you is throwing carrots in your face.
I don’t think there is no forks available what so ever I think its no additional capacity to sell 50% more forks kinda deal.
metadave
2/25/2021 7:06am
metadave wrote:
Given fox's and other companies current availability and stock issues, i'm sure some cut backs are in order for sponsorship of even some high profile athletes...
Given fox's and other companies current availability and stock issues, i'm sure some cut backs are in order for sponsorship of even some high profile athletes. No forks available mean no forks and that might be a clause in a contract somewhere.

on the flip side, not that I have any sort of sponsorship other than working in the bike industry, but I can't even get parts for myself for 8-13 more months or more, so if parts availability timelines started to extend past the end of a contract for a rider, that might cause issues if another company with stuff to give you is throwing carrots in your face.
LLLLL wrote:
I don’t think there is no forks available what so ever I think its no additional capacity to sell 50% more forks kinda deal.
I had to order an E-Bike 36 performance two weeks ago because it was the last 29" for in the 36, 38 and all marzocchi offerings available at all until the end of March, at least in Canada. And from what I understand most of the stuff coming in then is already spoken for. Even 32's are slim pickings.
Primoz
2/25/2021 9:44am
Maxipedia wrote:
I saw an Intend fork in the flesh at the 2018 World Champs in Lenzerheide , as we were sleeping in the parking lot, next to...
I saw an Intend fork in the flesh at the 2018 World Champs in Lenzerheide , as we were sleeping in the parking lot, next to Nina Hoffman's van, who was then on Intend. That fork looked amazing. I think I asked ”may I touch it?”. The last time when I did that was in 1999 and the item of desire was a GT STS Lobo, an absurd bike to have in Eastern Europe during those days.

Obviously, I came here to brag that I saw that fork live and was in 2018 in Lenzeheide. Don't mind me.

Mx
Didn't expect the 1999 thing to be a GT Lobo... I was fully expecting the story to turn a bit more... 'fleshy' :D
Maxipedia
2/25/2021 10:07am
Primoz wrote:
Didn't expect the 1999 thing to be a GT Lobo... I was fully expecting the story to turn a bit more... 'fleshy' :D
Well, I apologize for being such a disappointment, but my youth was rather spent by lusting after bikes, not flesh. I'm nt sure if I should feel good or bad about this, to be honest. Smile

Back to Team Rumours, word on the street is that the undersigned dude had extended his contract with Still-Dreaming-About-Bikes for another half eternity. Big surprise!

Mx
groghunter
2/25/2021 12:41pm
mwolpin wrote:
Isn't he the only - or one of the last - Trek sponsored riders on Fox? Wonder if they're asking him to move to RS like...
Isn't he the only - or one of the last - Trek sponsored riders on Fox? Wonder if they're asking him to move to RS like the rest of the racing and Slopestyle riders.
Cam McCaul is trek+marzo.
Big Bird
2/25/2021 2:32pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2021 7:57am
Perhaps Brett is going self bought Ohlins like Matt Jones?
Big Bird
2/25/2021 2:38pm
Primoz wrote:
I see your bike-lusting social ineptitude and raise you with the addition of having other social ineptitudes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8vHhgh6oM0

And yeah, sorry for the off-topic
I quit one job at Santa Cruz because one of their early engineers was an idiot and was fired from my last job at a sail boat rigging company for speaking out when the boss/engineer was clearly wrong and had me trying to machine Ti and stainless on hobby level machines. Nothing personal Primoz but I'm not a fan of engineers. Perhaps you'll grow out of it.
Maxipedia
2/25/2021 4:29pm
Big Bird wrote:
Perhaps Brett is going self bought Ohlins like Matt Jones?
Does anyone buy into this ”self bought” suspension thing? It's an honest question. I see why a downhiller would do it, but a slopestyle rider, who rides stuff super stiff anyway? Why bother? To make a statement?

Mx
brash
2/25/2021 6:59pm
just do a sam pilgrim and rattle can a set of new 36's highlighter yellow (stanchions and all)
metadave
2/25/2021 7:35pm
brash wrote:
just do a sam pilgrim and rattle can a set of new 36's highlighter yellow (stanchions and all)
Ahhhh Sam Pilgrim, the true spirit of mountain biking. Still waiting for him to install a 40 on the bedframe bike.....
2/25/2021 8:00pm
Primoz wrote:
I see your bike-lusting social ineptitude and raise you with the addition of having other social ineptitudes:

Big Bird wrote:
I quit one job at Santa Cruz because one of their early engineers was an idiot and was fired from my last job at a sail...
I quit one job at Santa Cruz because one of their early engineers was an idiot and was fired from my last job at a sail boat rigging company for speaking out when the boss/engineer was clearly wrong and had me trying to machine Ti and stainless on hobby level machines. Nothing personal Primoz but I'm not a fan of engineers. Perhaps you'll grow out of it.
All professions are filled with really rad dudes and total idiots. Every once in a while you get someone in between.
adamdigby
2/25/2021 8:32pm
Primoz wrote:

Big Bird wrote:
I quit one job at Santa Cruz because one of their early engineers was an idiot and was fired from my last job at a sail...
All professions are filled with really rad dudes and total idiots. Every once in a while you get someone in between.
It's almost as if everyone is an individual and you should judge them based off their actions as an autonomous being.
Edthorne
2/26/2021 7:59am
Big Bird wrote:
adamdigby wrote:
It's almost as if everyone is an individual and you should judge them based off their actions as an autonomous being.
People are like axle standards. There's too many of them, and like three good ones.
mwolpin
3/3/2021 7:54am
Still nothing from Katy Winton?
metadave
3/3/2021 6:48pm
Something must be up. She's usually on insta pretty consistently but no new posts since Dec 31st and I don't think I've seen any stories form her posted either. Hopefully she gearing up for a big announcement.
dolface
3/4/2021 6:10am
metadave wrote:
Something must be up. She's usually on insta pretty consistently but no new posts since Dec 31st and I don't think I've seen any stories form...
Something must be up. She's usually on insta pretty consistently but no new posts since Dec 31st and I don't think I've seen any stories form her posted either. Hopefully she gearing up for a big announcement.
Oddly enough she just posted a story (albeit not one w/ any info about her plans) https://www.instagram.com/stories/misswinton/2521976223456587770/
metadave
3/4/2021 4:34pm
metadave wrote:
Something must be up. She's usually on insta pretty consistently but no new posts since Dec 31st and I don't think I've seen any stories form...
dolface wrote:
Oddly enough she just posted a story (albeit not one w/ any info about her plans) https://www.instagram.com/stories/misswinton/2521976223456587770/
A post about equal representation in the sport doesn't sound great. Hopefully it's a support post for other athletes and not about herself. I've yet to see any other women's who contracts were in the air that have got as much attention at Katy wondering what's up and heard nothing.
Primoz
3/4/2021 10:00pm
Could it be related to the fact she has a lingering head injury?
metadave
3/4/2021 11:15pm
Primoz wrote:
Could it be related to the fact she has a lingering head injury?
The last few years sponsors seems to have held tight and even extended contracts for most riders dealing with injury's or illness no matter what the circumstances. I don't think that's it, although admittedly I have no inside info on her situation.

Yes it's been said she has had a few concussion's the last two season but so have many riders the last few years in DH and enduro. They were getting contracts even during injury. Katy's still a podium threat any weekend and she was doing huge days consistently until the end of the year riding so how much a concussion was affecting her if she was doing 8+ hour rides, even on an E-Bike is questionable. I know I've been one of the people on both sites inquiring on her situation, but I think she's one of the best riders and personality's in the EWS and it shocks me that even during a possible injury and during an admittedly odd year that someone who is both top of the ews standings and a provider of quality social media content has zero news for 2+ months when people with .5% of her reach and half her talent are getting rides.
Primoz
3/5/2021 12:17am
Agreed yeah. But she has been dropped since her contract has run out and she has publicly said she has been struggling with the effects of head injuries for a while now, at least that's how I remember it. Yeah, people have been supported through injuries (Graves, Bass), but could it be that regardless of the new stance in the industry regarding head injuries, it's still not where it should be?

I mean even a seemingly small injury (when it's head related) can have HUGE effects on the life of an athlete, they might need to tone it down for fears of compounded injuries, etc. So maybe that's the issue she was kinda, silently trying to point out with the diversity post? As in 'this is an issue that needs to be dealt with too'?

Also, 8+ hour rides are something completely different to an EWS race when we are talking about head injuries. EWS is high pressure, high focus environment where a mistake can be disastrous (repeat head injury getting much worse - Lorraine Truong). 8+ hour rides can be much more mellow, yet still provide tons of social content and engagement, so she's far from a 'useless athlete'. Maybe it will be hard for her to perform at top level in EWS for fears of another injury, but yeah, she is someone worth a follow from what I've seen and that can also be worth a lot to a lot of companies.

Or is all of this just too much rambling from me? Smile
3/5/2021 12:47am
Eoin wrote:
Stretching the definition of team rumours slightly, and stealing from a French forum... Commencal just built their own custom track for testing, looks bonkers good: https://www.instagram.com/p/CL7QWSWCq10/...
Stretching the definition of team rumours slightly, and stealing from a French forum...

Commencal just built their own custom track for testing, looks bonkers good:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL7QWSWCq10/

https://www.facebook.com/benoitcoulanges/posts/1320513931662750

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL7NY4lHNUt/
They are really pushing. I like that. It would be great if the sizing wasn't a bit odd. The only thing missing for them is a proper race calendar with at least 15 rounds (a man can dream right?).
Primoz
3/5/2021 1:00am
Do we need a community wide poll asking how many races should a season have? It kind of seems most people involved in the sport on all sides wouldn't mind more races in a season, even if they are doubled up at each venue.

Post a reply to: 2021 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

The Latest