2021 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

dolface
2/17/2021 11:26am
My guess she wins another wc or two and then goes on and dominates ews. She’d crush the comp and ews schedule and scene seems like...
My guess she wins another wc or two and then goes on and dominates ews. She’d crush the comp and ews schedule and scene seems like a much more enjoyable schedule for a young family.
Possible, but she's been quite vocal about her dislike of the pedaling parts of enduro Smile
krabo83
2/17/2021 11:29am
im pretty sure rachel won't risk anything and won't ride DH while pregnant, a crash could be too much of a risk.
Primoz
2/17/2021 1:21pm
You are right, the previous team was run by Velosolutions (Claudio). And Brendan was on TLD clothing and Enve wheels while the main team was on Mavics and then Syncros I think, while they switched to RF now (interestingly).
2/18/2021 1:25am
Johnboy wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2021/02/18/10518/s1200_Screenshot_20210218_200557_com.instagram.android.jpg[/img] [b]N[/b]o [b]S[/b]h#t

No Sh#t
No Surprise then
2/18/2021 1:37am
Well I assume that’s her done with racing then? I hope she becomes a badass mom and atherton team manager and takes young shredders under her...
Well I assume that’s her done with racing then? I hope she becomes a badass mom and atherton team manager and takes young shredders under her wing!
Not sure that having a baby would necessarily mean an end to a racing career: there are plenty of fathers riding on the WC circuit that still shred and kick asses, I don't see why a mum (furthermore, THIS specific mum) couldn't.
Come on guys, we're not living in the 60s any more.
Primoz
2/18/2021 2:04am
Look at Gunn Rita Dahle regarding women racing and having babies.
vweb
2/18/2021 2:10am
Nico_Hrndz wrote:
Not sure that having a baby would necessarily mean an end to a racing career: there are plenty of fathers riding on the WC circuit that...
Not sure that having a baby would necessarily mean an end to a racing career: there are plenty of fathers riding on the WC circuit that still shred and kick asses, I don't see why a mum (furthermore, THIS specific mum) couldn't.
Not necessarily an end (nobody wants it on this forum I guess !), but at last a pause.
Just cause, you know, a man doesn't carry a fragile future human in his belly Laughing
2/18/2021 3:41am
Nico_Hrndz wrote:
Not sure that having a baby would necessarily mean an end to a racing career: there are plenty of fathers riding on the WC circuit that...
I’m not talking about a mom having to stay home... I’m not that old. But if you count her rehab with the heel injury, a 9 month pregnancy, giving birth, the time she’ll need for herself after giving birth, training again, building up muscle for world cups, and most importantly the mental side of knowing you have a newborn you have to go back to after you race I honestly doubt she’ll go back to racing. But hey you never know
metadave
2/18/2021 7:07am
Nico_Hrndz wrote:
I’m not talking about a mom having to stay home... I’m not that old. But if you count her rehab with the heel injury, a 9...
I’m not talking about a mom having to stay home... I’m not that old. But if you count her rehab with the heel injury, a 9 month pregnancy, giving birth, the time she’ll need for herself after giving birth, training again, building up muscle for world cups, and most importantly the mental side of knowing you have a newborn you have to go back to after you race I honestly doubt she’ll go back to racing. But hey you never know
Yea I agree. It very much depends on the person, I know some mom's who used to push hard but when they had a baby, although they had planned to keep pushing, they really focused on child care and very much became a careful mom. I also know others that doubled down and ended up going harder. Same goes for dads, some people have a switch that flips and others don't.

If Each comes back to racing, I would say she's got a 1-2 years of rehab depending on how smooth things go. If she can get back to training soon-ish she'd be back in a bike quickly. I've seen moms with the crib across from a squat rack 😂
2/18/2021 7:34am
metadave wrote:
Yea I agree. It very much depends on the person, I know some mom's who used to push hard but when they had a baby, although...
Yea I agree. It very much depends on the person, I know some mom's who used to push hard but when they had a baby, although they had planned to keep pushing, they really focused on child care and very much became a careful mom. I also know others that doubled down and ended up going harder. Same goes for dads, some people have a switch that flips and others don't.

If Each comes back to racing, I would say she's got a 1-2 years of rehab depending on how smooth things go. If she can get back to training soon-ish she'd be back in a bike quickly. I've seen moms with the crib across from a squat rack 😂
But would you want to travel across Europe and the world knowing you have a small kid at home? I don’t know honestly. I’ll never be a mom but hopefully a dad one day and I don’t think I could risk my health and stay away from home and my child for so long, but that’s just me.
2/18/2021 7:34am
Nico_Hrndz wrote:
Considering we are most likely looking at another shortened season, if she plans on continuing racing, this probably couldn't be a better year to take a break to do the family thing..

As for coming back to race, she's a top level athlete.. She most likely won't have much trouble getting back to form post pregnancy.

Congrats to them!
rugbyred
2/18/2021 7:47am
I’m not a mom but a dad to four kids (10,9,7,4). I’m still able to ride 80 plus days last year and train 5 days a week in the winter. My wife is in med school and I don’t miss much of my kids activities. Priorities change but I still make sure my wife and I have time for our things. If she wants it, she will be able to do it. They run their own team and I’m sure she will bring the little one with her.
Depending on how her pregnancy goes (no forced bed rest), she can train up to the day she gives birth. I know of a woman who was told she could not squat more than 200lbs while pregnant (she was pissed as it was almost her warm up weight). Pregnant woman aren’t fragile, they just modify. I’m sure she will even ride her bike for a while.
mwolpin
2/18/2021 8:48am
I don't think a bunch of men should be commenting on what a woman can and cannot do before/during/after child birth. We'll never experience child birth from their perspective, so we should just keep our mouths quiet and cheer for Rach regardless.
Primoz
2/18/2021 9:28am
Is there a reason UR is riding mostly FOX shox on their bikes in the promo pictures?
Johnboy
2/18/2021 11:42am
Primoz wrote:
Is there a reason UR is riding mostly FOX shox on their bikes in the promo pictures?
As apposed to SRsuntour? Weren't they all running what they wanted as far as rear shocks went last year?

Tracey's bike had a fast shock on it as various times last year.
vweb
2/18/2021 11:52am
mwolpin wrote:
I don't think a bunch of men should be commenting on what a woman can and cannot do before/during/after child birth. We'll never experience child birth...
I don't think a bunch of men should be commenting on what a woman can and cannot do before/during/after child birth. We'll never experience child birth from their perspective, so we should just keep our mouths quiet and cheer for Rach regardless.
I see your point.

But since we'll never be pro riders, shouldn't we have to shut up about pro riders and their choices ?

(to be clear, it's just to be devil's avocate, I 110% agree on the fact nobody have to dictate Rachel's choice. I think we just, on this forum, debating 'cause we're curious and want to see her on a podium again, on what Rachel will do from a racing perspective and are putting it under a rumour form. Or I'm blind. I hope you see my point of view, I don't and never will pretend to know what a woman will ever experienced Smile )
2/18/2021 2:03pm
Primoz wrote:
Johnboy wrote:
As apposed to SRsuntour? Weren't they all running what they wanted as far as rear shocks went last year? Tracey's bike had a fast shock on...
As apposed to SRsuntour? Weren't they all running what they wanted as far as rear shocks went last year?

Tracey's bike had a fast shock on it as various times last year.
UR DH team were sponsored by FAST last year. They had to use SunTour forks though..
obskwr
2/18/2021 2:28pm
mwolpin wrote:
I don't think a bunch of men should be commenting on what a woman can and cannot do before/during/after child birth. We'll never experience child birth...
So you come in and put in your opinion whilst saying we shouldn't have ours.

LOL
mwolpin
2/18/2021 2:56pm
mwolpin wrote:
vweb wrote:
I see your point. But since we'll never be pro riders, shouldn't we have to shut up about pro riders and their choices ? (to be...
I see your point.

But since we'll never be pro riders, shouldn't we have to shut up about pro riders and their choices ?

(to be clear, it's just to be devil's avocate, I 110% agree on the fact nobody have to dictate Rachel's choice. I think we just, on this forum, debating 'cause we're curious and want to see her on a podium again, on what Rachel will do from a racing perspective and are putting it under a rumour form. Or I'm blind. I hope you see my point of view, I don't and never will pretend to know what a woman will ever experienced Smile )
Playing devil's advocate to your devil's advocate....

We as men have a higher likelihood of becoming pro riders than becoming pregnant. And part of the reason we can talk about pro riders is we put ourselves in their shoes occasionally, albeit not at that level. Besides, if we were to stop working and other responsibilities to train to become a pro rider, I'd like to think some of us could make it. Heck, look what the Privateer was able to accomplish in a short time.

Completely see your point, but just hated to see all of the comments about Rachel's return, potential return and "if" she can return to her legendary status on the tape.
mwolpin
2/18/2021 2:57pm
mwolpin wrote:
obskwr wrote:
So you come in and put in your opinion whilst saying we shouldn't have ours.

LOL
I don't even know what to say to this post as it seems you missed the point.

LOL.
metadave
2/18/2021 9:04pm
Is there any Specialized Enduro team this year??
It seems a few teams are specializing in Enduro as they've dropped their DH teams.........................🤣

But in all seriousness, maybe that's where Katy will pop up. Hopefully she won't have the big S curse.
Primoz
2/18/2021 10:07pm
Ah, never mind me then, I thought the SR SUntour was a whole package deal.
Johnboy
2/19/2021 5:04am Edited Date/Time 2/19/2021 5:05am
Primoz wrote:
Ah, never mind me then, I thought the SR SUntour was a whole package deal.
From what I've noticed, it is a package deal when using air shocks.

But if using coil its fast, fox etc.

Post a reply to: 2021 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

The Latest