btn
btn
6 of 68
Create New Tag
Big Bird Big Bird
10/23/2020 7:58 AM
Mike_Tarry_775 wrote:

The only other thought on ...more

That would be awesome to see Orange back at the world cups and with a British rider!

mixmastamikal mixmastamikal
10/23/2020 8:24 AM

Not WC related but I follow Yoan Barelli on PB and he has been selling several Commencal bikes/frames lately. Could be just moving to new model year or selling stuff he doesn't ride but maybe a sign he is moving to someone new?

bb rides bb rides
10/23/2020 8:33 AM
mixmastamikal wrote:

Not WC related but I ...more

he is going to sign with pinkbike to win the EWS on the grim donut next year!

harorider13 harorider13
10/23/2020 9:05 AM

I dont think Danny Hart would ever ride a Polygon. With the launch of Cube's new dh bike, I think it's a safe bet he signs with them and they move on from Atwill. Other option is he sets his own program up.

Dickscruttock Dickscruttock
10/23/2020 1:58 PM
harorider13 wrote:

I dont think Danny Hart ...more

Hart to Cube, Vergier to Trek and Greenland to SCS.

Verbl Kint Verbl Kint
10/23/2020 9:16 PM
tombola33 wrote:

Greg Minnaar signing with ...more

Hyperpower! wrote:

I think the photo on IG is ...more

Photo

This is what's on Facebook.
metadave metadave
10/23/2020 9:42 PM

He's had clif on the helmet for the last while. Since he's south Africa's top racer I'm surprised he didn't have a RB helmet before unless he wasn't interested in what came with it.

Ron_Goldstone Ron_Goldstone
10/23/2020 9:46 PM
metadave wrote:

He's had clif on the ...more

It was a gift from Brooke

Hyperpower! Hyperpower!
10/24/2020 1:48 AM
tombola33 wrote:

Greg Minnaar signing with ...more

Hyperpower! wrote:

I think the photo on IG is ...more

Verbl Kint wrote:

This is what's on ...more

Photo on IG with the hashtag:

Photo

Also the helmet seems to be an Alpinestars (like Brooks helmet) and not an Oneal one (Minnaars helmet and clothing sponsor).

dolface dolface
10/24/2020 8:49 AM
Verbl Kint Verbl Kint
10/24/2020 6:33 PM

I wonder if the Bulldog received an Oneal helmet or one of the old Kabutos.

Big Bird Big Bird
10/24/2020 6:49 PM
Verbl Kint wrote:

I wonder if the Bulldog ...more

I would guess what ever he had at Maribor. So Oneal?

ianmo ianmo
10/27/2020 1:40 AM
Primoz wrote:

Sorry to burst your ...more

jamesdunford wrote:

Hmmm, fundamentally, I ...more

Point number 1 is slightly incorrect. UCI rules only apply on certain races. The Ironman and Challenge series, amongst others are not subject to UCI rules and as such this is where you see most of the uber bike design, things such as integration, beam frames, massive forks and aero additions.

The tech shows when the World Champs in Kona roll around are very interesting.

Tanner_Carl Tanner_Carl
10/27/2020 3:41 PM

I'm looking for the UCI DH / F1 comparison thread, have I come to the right place?

I'll see myself out...

Big Bird Big Bird
10/30/2020 1:18 PM

So in Lousa race one broadcast Warner made pretty clear that Hart is going to Cube, not Orange or Polygon. Damn.

Big Bird Big Bird
10/30/2020 1:19 PM
Tanner_Carl wrote:

I'm looking for the UCI DH ...more

I think UCI DH is much more akin to World Rally. Let's start that thread.

stedaly87 stedaly87
10/31/2020 1:58 PM

Danny looks set for Cube, any else think that’s a strange match? I suppose Cube lost Greg Callaghan last year so don’t have a big ride signed to their MTB teams and they have been plugging their new DH bike.

Is luca shaw’s contract up at the syndicate, as he joined they same time as loris?

If loris joins Trek who will leave, they surly won’t have 4 Elite riders on the team? Reece?

Jakers Jakers
10/31/2020 2:42 PM

Could Atherton’s go Enduro?
Does Wallace have a contract / still fit in the budget with the Canyon Capiltal Letter Consonent Collective?
How long are Edwards and Harrison on trek for?

stedaly87 stedaly87
10/31/2020 3:08 PM
Jakers wrote:

Could Atherton’s go ...more

I thought Gee might go enduro a few seasons back, because he’s pretty fit. But I dunno now, he’s so far off the pace this year.

Think kade, Harrison and Wilson all signed with the new trek team end of 2018. So would have done 2 seasons? Contracts seem to be 2-3 years, don’t they ?

metadave metadave
10/31/2020 4:28 PM
Jakers wrote:

I'd imagine Trek would keep Kade for the marketing alone. He's placing where Fairclough or Gracia were a few years ago but like them have kept on the rad riding on the side so how could they let him go. Maybe the throw him on C3 after a while but he's worth too much outside of racing to let him go.

I can see Wilson being up for grabs. As world champ and a racer on the up swing trek will either push to keep him or he'll end up with a fresh contract on another team.

Is Gee a dad yet? Isn't that an Enduro prerequisite? Maybe Danny's actually going Enduro for Cube? But really, I wouldn't see Rach doing Enduro, she's hated on pedalling to the point it's annoying to hear her talk about it. Gee maybe would, it would be smart since Enduro bikes are likely the bulk of what they'll sell.

peecee peecee
10/31/2020 6:38 PM

I noticed this ages ago but is Dean Lucus not with Scott any longer even thou he rides their bikes ?

I don’t follow many riders on the gram but surely sponsored riders should have Scott Factory rider as the main heading in any bio during a contract ?

Photo

mfoga mfoga
10/31/2020 6:50 PM
Jakers wrote:

stedaly87 wrote:

I thought Gee might go ...more

I think basing anything off this year is premature.

M4RTO M4RTO
10/31/2020 8:45 PM

Dunno if ya heard Rob mention in the Lousa Race #1 broadcast, during Phil Atwill's run, he asked whether there'll be a big Engish rider riding for them next year?

Sounds like Danny sorta talk, or Rob just playing mind games. If so, well done Rob, you got me!

barryjenson barryjenson
11/1/2020 12:35 AM

Reece stays at trek
Rach is retiring, gee carries on racing and Charlie stays with them
Danny to cube or he may also retire

Coronavirus pandemic means there’s riders from this year on 1 year contracts who won’t get rides next year as budgets are cut (and despite bicycle companies selling a few bikes this year) marketing And team budgets are reduced. Given the higher costs involved with travel and further uncertainty into 2021 and companies wanting to keep staff in jobs.

Same reason why a small amount of racing happed this year. To keep the industry going and keep staff with jobs.

sharpy212 sharpy212
11/1/2020 1:54 AM
peecee wrote:

I noticed this ages ago ...more

Pretty sure Dean is still on the Scott team this year but decided not to travel because of travel restrictions in Australia, same with Connor Fearon not travelling.

ORTOGONAL555 ORTOGONAL555
11/1/2020 1:15 AM
barryjenson wrote:

Reece stays at trek
Rach ...more

I don't see Rachel retiring, recently she said she was a bit torn about not going to try and race. I think the fire is still there. Danny to cube will either mean they build a top level team or he will just ride the bike and do his own thing. But let's not forget Warner might just be wrong.
BTW loris leaving Syndicate would be weird. Let's nor forget how much he "values" his suspension setup/thinkering, going to a RS team would mean big changes with that and moving over with the Fox race assistance apparatus (not saying RS is worse, I'm not sure how they handle suspension tuning at WC).

Primoz Primoz
11/1/2020 2:08 AM

I can hardly imagine them being much worse, but they do not have a Jordi and the video series to put that out there, that is true. So it's harder to gauge.

And yeah, Loris going away from Fox would sure be weird. But he should kinda be used to it from the Gravity Republic days (they switched over to Ohlins a bit later than switching to Specialized).

Verbl Kint Verbl Kint
11/1/2020 8:09 AM

Rob mentioned several potential team rumors in Lousa part 2.

• Trek is getting a "French big name" (likely Loris)
• Dak Norton might be looking for a team for 2021
• Reece staying at Trek

Anything else I missed?

metadave metadave
11/1/2020 8:37 AM
Verbl Kint wrote:

Rob mentioned several ...more

Is Cabirou on a 2 or 3 year with scott? possible she might be the big french name if its a two year? shes absolutely slaying it these last two seasons.

And yea Dean stayed home for sure, i think it was actually odd to see Moir and the other Aussie/Kiwi crew off their islands with the travel restrictions in place other than Brook who had a horse to get back on. Can't even begin to say how stoked i was to see him crush it like he did. Legend.

brash brash
11/1/2020 5:48 PM

Dak Norton to Trek would be a nice fit!

I hope he lands a good ride, that guy is a future WC winner in my eyes.

6 of 68

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry