2021 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

1/16/2021 12:19am
Externally routed CNC machined rear triangle hmmmm. What is it? [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2021/01/15/10395/s1200_SmartSelect_20210116_150932_Instagram.jpg[/img]
Externally routed CNC machined rear triangle hmmmm. What is it?

Pole, just look at the Seat Tube angle
clem-mk
1/16/2021 2:18am
Externally routed CNC machined rear triangle hmmmm. What is it? [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2021/01/15/10395/s1200_SmartSelect_20210116_150932_Instagram.jpg[/img]

The rear triangle cnc style match the high pivot Actofive P-train reviewed on PB field test... But niche of the niche brands though!
peecee
1/16/2021 2:45am

Didn’t Pinkbike snap the Pole doing a 3 foot drop last year ?
JoeyHooo
1/16/2021 3:49am

You will find the answer on the comment on Instagram Wink
Primoz
1/16/2021 3:52am
They did, but it was a 'mistakenly sent out prototype XC swingarm' Smile

But yeah, the style doesn't fit Pole compared to current products as they use a multipiece swingarm that is two piece either side to form a tube.

JoeyHooo Privee?
clem-mk
1/16/2021 4:38am
Primoz wrote:
They did, but it was a 'mistakenly sent out prototype XC swingarm' :) But yeah, the style doesn't fit Pole compared to current products as they...

But yeah, the style doesn't fit Pole compared to current products as they use a multipiece swingarm that is two piece either side to form a tube.

JoeyHooo Privee?
Yeah Production Privée has more sense than rockrider for sure 😅
1/16/2021 5:36am
sspomer wrote:
WRAP. IT. UP. B.

team rumors or I flood this place with Chappelle clips (which i may do anyway).
Why can’t we have team rumours and Chappelle? migjt keep us going through the lean summer months
stedaly87
1/16/2021 12:54pm Edited Date/Time 1/16/2021 12:58pm
Looks like a Mega, are Nukeproof about to rejoin DH and Mike about to go back to them? Mike Jones & Jamie Edmondson on a Nukeproof DH team maybe.

1/16/2021 1:06pm
stedaly87 wrote:
Looks like a Mega, are Nukeproof about to rejoin DH and Mike about to go back to them? Mike Jones & Jamie Edmondson on a Nukeproof...
Looks like a Mega, are Nukeproof about to rejoin DH and Mike about to go back to them? Mike Jones & Jamie Edmondson on a Nukeproof DH team maybe.

Definitely looks like it, I would not be surprised if MJ was back on NukeProof
casey79
1/16/2021 2:15pm
Vali heading to Nice in France with Trek Gravity Girls team rider Kathi Kuypers 🤔

bb rides
1/16/2021 2:22pm
casey79 wrote:
Vali heading to Nice in France with Trek Gravity Girls team rider Kathi Kuypers 🤔 [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2021/01/16/10397/s1200_6F7545AE_72AD_4C55_9002_13B7ABA89AF9.jpg[/img]
Vali heading to Nice in France with Trek Gravity Girls team rider Kathi Kuypers 🤔

this meens nothing, they are friends for a long time now (look for senderella). and also angie is in the car who rides for propain.
1/16/2021 2:23pm
Check out, i believe it's a interesting post!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKFDbQkF4E_/?igshid=5tlk5nc0jj2r
Primoz wrote:
Interesting because it's about Myriam? :P Quite a few teams use Unior tools all along the paddock (even Athertons), also in protour (road cycling). Trek is...
Interesting because it's about Myriam? Tongue

Quite a few teams use Unior tools all along the paddock (even Athertons), also in protour (road cycling). Trek is the US distributor. Etc. You're reading too much into it.
You have +1 from me, but i follow M, N, N!
Oohhh, is TREK for UNIOR in USA ?
Now everything is explained, thanks!
Off topic : (Calvin Kattar for the win)!
peecee
1/16/2021 2:42pm
Primoz wrote:
They did, but it was a 'mistakenly sent out prototype XC swingarm' :) But yeah, the style doesn't fit Pole compared to current products as they...

JoeyHooo Privee?
Sounds as likely as Gwins old cranks that got out in his bike by mistake that snapped! Someone’s covering it up and no matter how much you try make excuses we all know what the real story is haha
Primoz
1/16/2021 2:45pm
Go read the comments section on Pinkbike on the 'CEO fired, Leo taking over'. 'Shitstorm' is an understatement.
trexyz
1/17/2021 2:13am

That looks like a Pole, maybe they have something under development...But as someone said earlier they had some issues with their frames. I remember the review from the other site and they cracked the frame after their first ride...And that fail was really catastrophic. If they want to build a strong reputation they need to prove that these frames and technique that is used is reliable. I mean look at those Atherton bikes, Gee took some heavy crashes for the ridge line edit and the bike was ok on the other side when PB took the Pole out for a ride the frame cracked. They need some serious testers and by having a world cup team they can improve their process. But if I’ll have to choose between Pole and Atherton I’ll go for the second one. Hey Vital can you review the Atherton DH bike? I would love to see that Smile
JoeyHooo
1/17/2021 6:16am
Primoz wrote:

JoeyHooo Privee?
I think yeah
1/17/2021 6:42am
trexyz wrote:
That looks like a Pole, maybe they have something under development...But as someone said earlier they had some issues with their frames. I remember the review...
That looks like a Pole, maybe they have something under development...But as someone said earlier they had some issues with their frames. I remember the review from the other site and they cracked the frame after their first ride...And that fail was really catastrophic. If they want to build a strong reputation they need to prove that these frames and technique that is used is reliable. I mean look at those Atherton bikes, Gee took some heavy crashes for the ridge line edit and the bike was ok on the other side when PB took the Pole out for a ride the frame cracked. They need some serious testers and by having a world cup team they can improve their process. But if I’ll have to choose between Pole and Atherton I’ll go for the second one. Hey Vital can you review the Atherton DH bike? I would love to see that Smile
I don’t think the Atherton DH bike is available to the public. I think they did a run of 50 for their trail bike but I am not sure the Dh bike can be bought? Which is weird because the uci has a rule which says the bike the riders are on can only be in its prototyping phase for one year if I remember correctly. Do the small tweaks they do to the frames count as different prototypes every time?
rugbyred
1/17/2021 6:53am
trexyz wrote:
That looks like a Pole, maybe they have something under development...But as someone said earlier they had some issues with their frames. I remember the review...
I don’t think the Atherton DH bike is available to the public. I think they did a run of 50 for their trail bike but I...
I don’t think the Atherton DH bike is available to the public. I think they did a run of 50 for their trail bike but I am not sure the Dh bike can be bought? Which is weird because the uci has a rule which says the bike the riders are on can only be in its prototyping phase for one year if I remember correctly. Do the small tweaks they do to the frames count as different prototypes every time?
If you send them a message via their Instagram account, they then send you a price list. I believe that both their DH ans Enduro bikes are for sale. It’s just a different approach to selling. Makes the customer feel like they are getting something exclusive (which it is a the prices aren’t cheap).
Primoz
1/17/2021 7:03am
trexyz it was in the huck to flat where there was some buckling, not on the first ride...

To me a more important thing about the Atherton bikes is the validation of the frames to be sold to te he public considering they offer custom geometries. You of course don't validate each and every frame, so how is that covered? The sold rule should also be taken out of DH racing if you ask me. Hardly anyone buys a DH bike anyway...
1/17/2021 8:19am
rugbyred wrote:
If you send them a message via their Instagram account, they then send you a price list. I believe that both their DH ans Enduro bikes...
If you send them a message via their Instagram account, they then send you a price list. I believe that both their DH ans Enduro bikes are for sale. It’s just a different approach to selling. Makes the customer feel like they are getting something exclusive (which it is a the prices aren’t cheap).
I don't think (maybe l am perhaps) Atherton frames are much more expensive then a Yeti or a Rocky Mountain Altitude frame, among others. Atherton frames are pretty cool. Personally, l need a bit of color then the black and dark grey.
Primoz
1/17/2021 10:58am
So... ~4k USD? If yes, that's not bad for a 3D printed frame with carbon tubes where you can go fully custom on the geo (if it's not prohibitively expensive to do it custom).

Instagram private message on the Atherton Bikes profile for the price list then? Smile
rugbyred
1/17/2021 12:27pm
Primoz wrote:
So... ~4k USD? If yes, that's not bad for a 3D printed frame with carbon tubes where you can go fully custom on the geo (if...
So... ~4k USD? If yes, that's not bad for a 3D printed frame with carbon tubes where you can go fully custom on the geo (if it's not prohibitively expensive to do it custom).

Instagram private message on the Atherton Bikes profile for the price list then? Smile
I was sent a quote on Jan 2 of last year, so prices are most likely higher today. The DH frame was £3700 (£3093 without tax) and the Enduro frame was £3400 (£2833 without tax).
I had contacted them via Instagram and if I remember correctly they responded with wanting my email and then sent me a PDF file with prices toy email account.
Primoz
1/17/2021 12:59pm
That's actually not bad if you ask me, lower than what I expected. Was this with a shock?
RobMil
1/17/2021 3:02pm
Remy Metailler latest post... Running Ergonomic saddle and grips. Possibly on Canyon? 🤔
mwolpin
1/17/2021 4:03pm
RobMil wrote:
Remy Metailler latest post... Running Ergonomic saddle and grips. Possibly on Canyon? 🤔 [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2021/01/17/10398/s1200_9E6990EF_4343_452F_B75B_44C6DD2FE85B.jpg[/img]
Remy Metailler latest post... Running Ergonomic saddle and grips. Possibly on Canyon? 🤔
Definitely Ergon saddle and grips. Might be an E13 cassette. Rubber looks like Maxxis.

Brakes may be SRAM?
dolface
1/17/2021 4:53pm
mwolpin wrote:
Definitely Ergon saddle and grips. Might be an E13 cassette. Rubber looks like Maxxis.

Brakes may be SRAM?
He's been on E13 and Ergon for a while (also got me to try Ergon grips and saddle and I'm sold, so sponsorship worked!)

Post a reply to: 2021 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

The Latest