Accessibility Widget: On | Off

2021 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Create New Tag

1/8/2021 7:11 AM

Looks pretty much like a white fork to me, so I guess it's fox fox Commencal next year? PhotoPhoto

|

1/8/2021 7:28 AM

But that's a Sram shifter, so it's hard to imagine they would go Shimano.

|

1/8/2021 7:32 AM

Some XC news from Cannondale for you: https://www.vitalmtb.com/news/press-release/Cannondale-Factory-Racing-New-Athlete-Announcement-for-2021,4229.

They have also hinted at enduro news dropping in a few days.

|

1/8/2021 7:34 AM

bermslapper69 wrote:

Idk if he’s just trolling w this picture or if Scott is coming out with a new enduro bike because this looks nothing like the ransom/genius. Top tube doesn’t have that bend in it and quite frankly I have no idea what frame this is. Compared it to the prototype Jekyll from cdale and it doesn’t quite match up. Photo

Looks like a radon.

|

1/8/2021 7:36 AM

Unior tools + cube + hart attack ?

|

1/8/2021 7:47 AM

SupremeShreder42 wrote:

Looks pretty much like a white fork to me, so I guess it's fox fox Commencal next year? PhotoPhoto

Top crown matches up. Doen't look like it has the steering clamp bolt that the DH38 has. Only other fork to have a similar clamp in the upper crown is the Formula one, but it's probably a Fox

|

1/8/2021 7:55 AM

Looks like Lacondeguy is definitely off Red Bull. Been posting a few pictures with black helmet now and doesn’t follow any of their sites on insta.

|

1/8/2021 9:24 AM

Some more high-profile XC news today, with reigning World Champ Pauline Ferrand-Prevot joining the Absolute Absalon - BMC team:

Photo

Grenchen, Switzerland. January 8th, 2021

BMC is proud to announce that current XCO World Champion and cycling legend Pauline Ferrand-Prevot has chosen the Absolute Absalon – BMC Team to continue her impressive sporting career and further her pursuit of Olympic Games Gold, the only title missing from her incredible palmares.

“We are all very happy and excited here at BMC to be welcoming Pauline to our family” said David Zurcher, CEO of BMC Switzerland. “Like most of us, I knew the amazing athlete but I recently discovered a wonderful and inspiring person. Pauline is still young but an icon of the sport already and I am very proud she chose BMC for the next chapter of her career. In our continuous quest for excellence, this new step for the Absolute Absalon – BMC Team feels very natural and we look forward to watching Pauline racing our bikes at the very front of the women’s field.”

With the current wave of talent in the Women’s XCO field and the thrilling racing this produces. BMC’s new partnership with one of the biggest talents in cycling, not just women’s cycling, allows us to be at the forefront of this exciting discipline.

“I am really excited to be riding BMC, a brand with an envied racing pedigree and a Swiss excellence I find very inspiring.” said the multiple World Champion . “I have been riding the Fourstroke for a few weeks now and I loved it from day one. I don’t want to ride anything else. I feel great on it, full of confidence and I can’t wait to be pushing it to the limit in racing.”

Pauline Ferrand-Prevot will ride the double World Title winning Fourstroke as well as the Twostroke, BMC’s new generation hardtail, launched in 2020.

About BMC Switzerland

Swiss, Premium, Performance Cycling
BMC Switzerland is synonymous with innovative Swiss engineering. Their premium approach to bikes goes back to 1994 to Grenchen, Switzerland. For decades, BMC bikes have met the highest standards in quality, design and manufacturing. It is an ambition that explains why the company invests so heavily in research and development – to create premium rides that not only deliver but excel. BMC supplies bikes for the world’s top athletes, winning races such as the Tour de France, the Team Time Trial and Road World Championships, the MTB XCO World Championships, numerous Ironman Championships and the Olympic Road Race. BMC bikes stand for premium performance, accessible to everyone.
More information about products, technologies and racing teams can be found on the BMC website.

|

1/8/2021 10:01 AM

Looks like he’s on weareone wheels here. Maybe he’ll be on their frame too? Photo

|

1/8/2021 10:15 AM

Cube DH Team renamed to Cube Factory Racing. More news dropping soon.

|

1/8/2021 10:20 AM

On monday

|

1/8/2021 11:41 AM

Sina Frei & Gerhard Kerschbaumer on Specialized for 2021

Photo
|

1/8/2021 12:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/8/2021 12:23 PM

|

1/8/2021 12:21 PM

Angel?

Photo

|

1/8/2021 12:23 PM

Those are not Shimano brakes. Didn't he post an image with Shimano levers?

|

1/8/2021 12:26 PM

cmkneeland wrote:

Angel?

Photo

Sure looks like it.

|

1/8/2021 12:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/8/2021 12:31 PM

Same helmet. 100 percent goggles. Daps from Andreu. His last IG post.

Photo

|

1/8/2021 12:39 PM

cmkneeland wrote:

Angel?

Photo

stringbean wrote:

Sure looks like it.

100%

|

1/8/2021 12:42 PM

Photo
|

torgrimirgrot

1/8/2021 12:43 PM

Photo
Photo
Photo
|

1/8/2021 12:45 PM

mirgrot wrote: Photo

Ha just sniped me to ittongue

|

1/8/2021 1:11 PM

Bobodaclown wrote: Photo
Photo
Photo

This bike tho tongue

|

1/8/2021 3:08 PM

SupremeShreder42 wrote:

Fox.

|

1/8/2021 3:16 PM

So Angel is on a custom program?

|

1/8/2021 3:29 PM

any official word on the Angel situation?

On face value, that looks like he chose the bike and suspension of his choice, I'm a bit surprised he didn't land on a factory team, but he might do a Denim destroyer on gear of his choice and stock values go up with killer results. All the best to him in 2021!

|

1/8/2021 3:31 PM

Primoz wrote:

So Angel is on a custom program?

Looks like it.

|

1/8/2021 6:12 PM

cmkneeland wrote:

Angel?

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/19968604/

Incycle-Bicycles wrote:

Those are not Shimano brakes. Didn't he post an image with Shimano levers?

Hayes Dominion as pictured here.... Photo

|

1/9/2021 2:59 AM

MikkoN wrote:

What if Lewis is showing he’s new bike with out shock? 🤔😃

BJobs69 wrote:

I don‘t understand this huge hype about Lewis Buchanan. Probably he posts this hints by himself.

thingswelike wrote:

I think the reason I found out about him was because of the Forbidden - not the other way around smile

To be fair, interest is a personal thing, I’m pretty interested in seeing where any of the Scottish lads are going this year, Lewis, Jamie, Lachlan ect. I get that some might not be interested.
Like I just flick through the XC/freeride stuff on here, no really that interested and don’t know most of them. But it’s Cool to see what others are looking out for.

|

1/9/2021 3:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/9/2021 11:47 PM

A bit old but did anyone read this on PB? It’s the staffs 2021 predictions, I’m thinking he’s taking about Danny in the first paragraph? (Happy for someone to correct me)
Maybe is Cube deal wasn’t as clear cut as we all thought when Warner hinted?

Photo

|

1/9/2021 3:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/9/2021 3:26 AM

stedaly87 wrote:

A bit old but did anyone read this on PB? It’s the staffs 2021 predictions, I’m thinking he’s taking about Danny in the first paragraph? (Happy for someone to correct me)
Maybe is Cube deal wasn’t as clear cut as we all thought when Warner hinted?

Photo

I guess "other than racing" exposure (let's call it that just for brevity's sake) is the main form of advertising these day. The question is how sustainable it is, that is how long before the online/YT/IG market will be saturated to the point it will no longer privide profitable investment. However, it's certainly not to that point now and it keeps growing (like, YT mtb channels are popping up like mushrooms nowadays). I'm not eve sure we'll get to that point nor if it's how these things work. But, more important for team rumors, it appears that racing alone will not be enough for some guys if they want to be paid reasonably well. I guess Someone like Bruni or Pierron will get good paychecks whatsoever because they are winning quite often (meaning they'll always keep their sponsors in the spotlight). I think the constant search of out of race exposure from brands is due to the fact that there are so few races in a season too (both for dh and enduro) , which drastically reduces opportunities to promote sponsors. If 2021 will be as bad as last year in regards of racing, it will hard for many racers to keep "just racing".

|