Accessibility Widget: On | Off

2021 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Create New Tag

10/16/2020 3:08 PM

What if it's Not Loris that the rumblings are about, but Luca Shaw?
Kade steps down from racing continues with Trek but moves into a Freerider role and what not. It's not as if him and Kaos are gonna stand on the podium in DH but you bet your ass they could stand on the podium of an event like Rampage. A guy like Kade has a hug social media following and that's a big sales strategy for bike companies now adays. So kade is gone but still on payroll.

Luca takes Kade's spot and works harder than ever to give himself a full revamp results wise. Trek moves Ethan Shandro into Reese's spot and Charlie Harrison resigns keeping the young Gun vibe going. And they can milk the shit out of the Shaw and Neff relationship as we all know they will.

But where does Reece go? Oh he goes to the newly formed Nukeproof Factory team and slaps the shit out of tracks on a mullet bike next year.

|

10/16/2020 3:53 PM

I hear Hart is being hired onto Gwin's team as they are lacking a top 10 capable rider.

|

10/16/2020 4:42 PM

jefedelosjefes wrote:

I hear Hart is being hired onto Gwin's team as they are lacking a top 10 capable rider.

Did it just get hot in here? Because it feel hot.

|

10/16/2020 5:07 PM

bermslapper69 wrote:

Square brand could also be cube

Atherton Bikes.

|

We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

10/17/2020 2:30 AM

Rob Warner might have just talked BS for the sake of rumors, I think Hart would want to ride some proven equipment (and probably stay with fox) and Cube nor Polygon are at the moment. We'll se what future brings.
As far as Syndicate is concerned, I don't see Vergier leaving, he IS the top dog there at the moment. Luca Shaw has not been delivering as expected, but Maribor 1 proved he still has the speed. Wilson probably will get a pay raise and stay with Trek, he seems a good fit there, why change? (of course a big offer might make him think of leaving, but who could afford it?)

|

10/17/2020 3:53 AM

JamesR_2026 wrote:

Wyn is all over the Danny Hart news in the Maribor track walk video. Interviews with Will Longden and Danny about it.

piggy wrote:

That was amazing. Danny did not seem stoked and Will was just matter of fact about it. NOT AN AMICABLE SPLIT.
Nice work by Wyn.

I remember on a podcast with Sam Dale a while ago he alluded to an incident when he was on Madison Saracen where he was told over a team dinner that he needed to remember that the company boss owned him. Made it sound like it was Will Longden that said it. He gave it as one of his reasons for stepping away from racing.

Some bad vibes for a while in that team....

|

10/17/2020 4:08 AM

Is Brendog a Team, freestyle or ambassador rider for Scott?

What's Kona's plans for the 2021?

|

10/17/2020 5:57 AM

SlalomSlayer wrote:

Probably on gmbn !

|

10/17/2020 7:26 AM

SlalomSlayer wrote:

Kona will come to play in 2021 with same team setup as they would have had for 2020.
They seem pretty content with the Gravity team members they currently have.

|

10/17/2020 8:14 AM

Frix Frix out for the rest of the season w/ a broken collarbone?

Screengrab from 7:14, crash at 6:50 in today's RAW: https://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/features/BIG-GAP-BIG-CASES-World-Cup-DH-MTB-Vital-RAW-MARIBOR-Race-2,38338/sspomer,2

Photo

|

10/17/2020 9:21 AM

SlalomSlayer wrote:

- ΗΛΕΚΤΡΟΝ - wrote:

Probably on gmbn !

Gmbn needs to hurry up and die

|

10/17/2020 9:42 AM

|

10/17/2020 10:38 AM

dolface wrote:

Screengrab from 7:14, crash at 6:50 in today's RAW: https://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/features/BIG-GAP-BIG-CASES-World-Cup-DH-MTB-Vital-RAW-MARIBOR-Race-2,38338/sspomer,2

Photo

i think it maybe a wrist injury they put a wrap and spint around his arm, an super gnarly looking wrist bend at 6:49

|

10/17/2020 10:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/17/2020 11:38 AM

SlalomSlayer wrote:

- ΗΛΕΚΤΡΟΝ - wrote:

Probably on gmbn !

bermslapper69 wrote:

Gmbn needs to hurry up and die

Maybe....

|

10/17/2020 11:00 AM

Why?

|

10/17/2020 11:20 AM

Primoz wrote:

Why?

Ask gmbn - blake - brendog - deakinator,
about a missing gopro,
2019 summer on Whistler...?!?!?!

|

10/17/2020 12:08 PM

Greenland to SCS.

|

10/17/2020 12:25 PM

Primoz wrote:

Why?

- ΗΛΕΚΤΡΟΝ - wrote:

about a missing gopro,

Can you elaborate for the clueless suck as myself?

|

10/17/2020 12:35 PM

dolface wrote:

Photo

Stokermtb7 wrote:

i think it maybe a wrist injury they put a wrap and spint around his arm, an super gnarly looking wrist bend at 6:49

Looks like a sort of pack (ice) on his elbow... But for sure casing hard hurt a lot the wrists!

|

10/17/2020 12:43 PM

Primoz wrote:

Why?

- ΗΛΕΚΤΡΟΝ - wrote:

about a missing gopro,

rugbyred wrote:

Can you elaborate for the clueless suck as myself?

I don't know 100% !
If you are interest go and ask them !

|

10/18/2020 1:01 AM

Primoz wrote:

With talk about Danny doing his own thing/team and Athertons buying a defunct company to start their own brand and Gwin basically investing in Intense, could we see someone setting up a team with non-frame-related sponsor (gear and outside sponsors) with a relatively big budget and get someone to design and build a bunch of one-off, proto style bikes and make dunno, a new frame specifically for each track or like Nico used to do it, designed around the world champs track?

Considering what Barelli said about the Grim Donut and the possible performance of it in Chile, it could be the 'unfair advantage' that nobody is taking advantage of right now. And it could take DH closer to the mythical (and currently far from it) 'F1 of cycling' status. Plus it's not such a daft idea with sales of DH bikes dwindling...

Karabuka wrote:

Well the bikes used to be more like that (remember khs going 29" on dh bike in ?2012, Barels moondrakers with HTA below 60° years ago, legendary honda g-cross, Vouillozes bikes etc.), many pros would ride custom bikes (to some extent) but now the difference with production bikes is almost nonexisting, especially with carbon molds and build in adjustability... The persionalization can now be found more in the suspension than geometries, these seem pretty dialed!

Nevertheless I'm really curious if there will be some development in the direction of Grim donut because if experienced world class rider said there is obvious potential in it would somebody consider it, or has downhill market simply shrunk so much that it just doesnt make sense to put so much effort into it? Anyway I still hope that a weirdo like Levy would change the industry with his joke :D

Primoz wrote:

That's hust the key, if it's shrunk to a point where it doesn't make sense to put out a bike on the market (a-la Yeti), but if it still has marketing potential, why not make a spaceship of a bike? A different bike for every rider on the team? Etc.?

Maybe recoup the development costs with a run of 20 'one-off' bikes, custom made for the buyer who can spec the geometry the way he pleases. Make a marketing thing out of it.

Mercedes, through sponsorships and prize money, paid 30 million for the F1 team in total in 2019. The supposed marketing effect it had having a dominanting team is supposedly in billions.
Point? You don't have to sell the race vehicles for the team/discipline to be a marketing success.

In 2019, Mercedes Fi team budget was 442 Million USD (and they still made money).

BTW, does anybody have intel on DH team budget? How much of this budget is dedicated to the riders? etc..
I think it would help to move the discussion for riders and fans to have better economical data.

|

10/18/2020 1:05 AM

Help to move? To another thread? Don't really understand that part.

As for the budget, including rider salaries, I'd say it should be around a million, though it depends on the team size quite a lot then. Gwin's famous 1 million yearly salary is comprised of multiple sponsors if I'm not mistaken, so not all of it would go towards the budget?

|

10/18/2020 4:10 AM

Rob Warner just said during the livestream of the womens race that vero widmann signed for Madison Saracen for 2021!

|

10/18/2020 5:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2020 5:42 AM

Primoz wrote:

As for the budget, including rider salaries, I'd say it should be around a million, though it depends on the team size quite a lot then. Gwin's famous 1 million yearly salary is comprised of multiple sponsors if I'm not mistaken, so not all of it would go towards the budget?

What's to understand? Other than the coveting of other people's money. Incredible how quickly Mountain Bike goes to some rider's heads and becomes a distorted mess.
Before Vital generates a thread about disproportionate and unjust budgets, salaries - give 'click' to 3+ pages replying about Angel Suarez entering a section of track where two boundaries line the track.
Then let's finally enjoy clownish replies devoted to all things Formula One, yet somehow, nothing DH Mountain Bike. It trickles down after all after another RedBull Danny MacAskill video. ...darn - that's the 'surprise ending' reveal to the thread!

|

We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

10/18/2020 5:40 AM

"I think it would help to move the discussion for riders and fans to have better economical data."

This is the part I don't understand. Moving what to where? The discussion into the public eye? Into another thread on the forum, so we don't mess with offtopicness in the team rumors thread (I'm VERY guilty of this, in all threads), etc.

So I literally don't understand what was meant with the writing regarding the 'moving' part, it has nothing to do with the money aspect of the sport.

|

10/18/2020 1:44 PM

Primoz wrote:

Sesame Seed wrote:

What's to understand? Other than the coveting of other people's money. Incredible how quickly Mountain Bike goes to some rider's heads and becomes a distorted mess.
Before Vital generates a thread about disproportionate and unjust budgets, salaries - give 'click' to 3+ pages replying about Angel Suarez entering a section of track where two boundaries line the track.
Then let's finally enjoy clownish replies devoted to all things Formula One, yet somehow, nothing DH Mountain Bike. It trickles down after all after another RedBull Danny MacAskill video. ...darn - that's the 'surprise ending' reveal to the thread!

Wealth doesn't trickle down it cascades upwards

|

10/18/2020 1:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2020 1:52 PM

Never mind...

|

10/19/2020 1:08 AM

Sesame Seed wrote:

plot twist: those werent sesame seeds actually...

|

10/19/2020 6:01 AM

Hey kids. Back to rediculous team Rumours now okay?

|

10/19/2020 7:31 AM

Back to the Alex Fayolle announcement:

Didn't he announce this at the start of the season? It made for biggish news on the french forums as it was a really emotional announcement, where he talked about having "stolen" his win in Lourdes. Effectively implying that winning a WC round was the worst thing to happen in his career...

|