Accessibility Widget: On | Off

2021 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Create New Tag

11/22/2020 10:31 AM

Primoz wrote:

Loris is the natural #1 of the SCS going into the future, Minnaar is the 'daddy' of the team, but performance wise, regardless of Minnaar's excellent results in Lousa, it's Loris that's the future top dog. Plus, like it was mentioned, all the experience in Greg and Steve. There are tons of Santa Cruz bikes out there as noted (I've been noticing it too) and I don't think them going electric 'this late' is an issue. They are part of a group that does cover electric bikes as well (Focus) so honestly it was kinda weird to me to even see electric Santa Cruzes, I kinda thought they would keep it pure? So money can't really be an issue, they are a highly performing brand, if they aren't doing something wrong.

But nevertheless, I'm thinking lately if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, surely it can't be a goose?? Maybe he doesn't feel like he fits in with the syndicate? Though one would wonder if that wouldn't affect his results then...

@JoseMPM You can have a progressive compression tune, so for the really hard hits to have a lot of resistance, which you wouldn't really see under Jordi's hands. I don't reallly know what they run, but like I said, it makse ZERO sense to me to solve damping issues by running an overly stiff spring. There is a time and a place for an overly stiff spring.

And Jure is having an aneurysm. Hey Jure :D
(Besides being very badly implemented, private messages actually don't work for me here on Vital at this moment..)

EDIT: just to add (I was told it might be confusing), this is not in any relation to Jure Žabjek, it's a different Jure who was pissed (thus the aneurysm part) about me being a part of a lot of off-topic posts in this thread.

Gotta trust you on that one, I only know what I fiddle with, but at my weekend warrior level there is not much science happening, at most volume spacer fun :D

|

11/22/2020 1:31 PM

Loris to Trek well that's going to happen, but will the SCS bring on Nina Hoffmann?

|

11/22/2020 3:03 PM

Nahhh they won’t

|

11/23/2020 1:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/23/2020 1:03 PM

Luca Shaw confirmed to stay on the Syndicate train for 2021 on SCS’s Instagram!

|

11/24/2020 12:47 AM

New Spesh enduro spotted in Matt Jones shed.

Photo
o

|

11/24/2020 1:28 AM

Believe that is the bike Specialized gave Dan Ric when he went over to Matts Photo

|

Average Rider
Aspiring Photographer

11/24/2020 6:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/24/2020 10:27 AM

captaindouche wrote:

New trek bike is a high pivot,idler speed machine. Rumour has it the French rider who will get to develop it needs to get some space from a certain Yorkshire chap.

Trek riders have in their contracts that if they become a world champ as a trek athlete they must be offer a contract extension/new contract, Reece was super close to looking for a team.

ORTOGONAL555 wrote:

Is this your opinion or do you have a source about the new session?

|

11/24/2020 7:16 AM

denzilheeger wrote:

Believe that is the bike Specialized gave Dan Ric when he went over to Matts Photo

I hope they've solved the cracking issues on the seat tube junction. I can imagine an e-bike would likely stress that section even more.

|

11/24/2020 1:19 PM

captaindouche wrote:

New trek bike is a high pivot,idler speed machine. Rumour has it the French rider who will get to develop it needs to get some space from a certain Yorkshire chap.

Trek riders have in their contracts that if they become a world champ as a trek athlete they must be offer a contract extension/new contract, Reece was super close to looking for a team.

ORTOGONAL555 wrote:

Is this your opinion or do you have a source about the new session?

captaindouche wrote:

Industry insiders.

|

11/25/2020 7:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/25/2020 7:21 AM

Nukeproof are pleased to welcome to the team, Rhonda Valley pinner Cai Grocott. Cai Joins Nukeproof’s program to represent Nukeproof at as many races as the 2021 season allows in the UK.

Photo

Working 9-5 is a way to make a living, but the dream is for the weekend (or evening). Beyond the fact that he backflips a road bike in skate parks, surfs South Wales scree slopes and is a rapid pilot of a bike, his dedication and commitment to his riding is infectious and makes him stand out. It’s clear to see that he’s been training with Rhonda valley MTB legend; Leon Rosser. Cai is aiming to race UK & Welsh enduro races and get back to his 2017/ 18 form where he topped the podiums at numerous races. Cai has overcome some personal challenges in the past few years - find out more here:

Now he's ready to go for 2021 and get back between the tapes to show his promise. Despite the "weird year of 2020" that everyone has been experiencing, Cai is in a good place, keeping his head clear, out riding/ digging and in the gym to keep himself motivated. Cai is fortunate to live on the doorstep of some of the UK’s finest zones with the local trails at Barry Siding trail centre right on his door step. We spent a few days with him on shoot for the new Scout and Reactor back in pre-lockdown 2.0 and he's awesome to have around on a shoot and full of energy! (handy on a bike too). Cai joins the team to race most of the major UK enduro and some downhill races using a Mega 290c, you can follow Cai on his Instagram here @caigrocott to see the wildness he’s building and riding.

Now get a shot of expresso and have a watch below of Cai in action on shoot for the Reactor and Scout, Edit by Laurence Crossman-Emms:

|

11/25/2020 9:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/25/2020 9:19 AM

Nukeproof have just sent Jamie Edmondson a new mega as a present (Instagram) aswell. Perhaps he won’t sign for someone next year. But get a better frame deal/more support from nukeproof?

Be good to see some sort of Nukeproof team at the world cups again.

|

11/25/2020 10:18 AM

stedaly87 wrote:

Nukeproof have just sent Jamie Edmondson a new mega as a present (Instagram) aswell. Perhaps he won’t sign for someone next year. But get a better frame deal/more support from nukeproof?

Be good to see some sort of Nukeproof team at the world cups again.

He has been in dialog with them arter the end of the season, he said so in the Downtimepodcast.

But this seems to be a god sign. Thoguh, he was hopeful for a contract next season, bc he had several partners that he was talking to.He also said that he will do EWS and world cups next year.

|

11/27/2020 12:14 AM

The World Champ renewing for two years!

|

11/27/2020 1:26 AM

Cam's rise has been pretty fast. Gonna be a fun season next year with Tahnee and Myriam fit, Nina and Cam firing on all cylinders, Vali finally making her entry into elites... not to forget defending champ Marine and hopefully Rachel.

Regarding Jamie Edmonson, would be cool to see Nukeproof step up with factory support, or maybe even do a Brayton type "own programm" support? Ah who are we kidding, we want the Cathro Racing Brigade as a team, don't we?

|

11/27/2020 1:43 AM

JoseMPM wrote:

Cam's rise has been pretty fast. Gonna be a fun season next year with Tahnee and Myriam fit, Nina and Cam firing on all cylinders, Vali finally making her entry into elites... not to forget defending champ Marine and hopefully Rachel.

Regarding Jamie Edmonson, would be cool to see Nukeproof step up with factory support, or maybe even do a Brayton type "own programm" support? Ah who are we kidding, we want the Cathro Racing Brigade as a team, don't we?

ooh YES!

|

11/27/2020 7:44 AM

JoseMPM wrote:

Seriously, I think Cathro has it in him to run a team. He also has great insight on how to leverage media for better coverage for sponsors. I'm actually a bit surprised no team or bike company has approached him yet.

|

11/27/2020 7:54 AM

Verbl Kint wrote:

Seriously, I think Cathro has it in him to run a team. He also has great insight on how to leverage media for better coverage for sponsors. I'm actually a bit surprised no team or bike company has approached him yet.

I think he’s still trying to race? I’m not sure. But in the future I can see it happening

|

11/27/2020 9:32 AM

Verbl Kint wrote:

He does have some sort of contract with PB, SC and FOX. But yeah, I do get your point. I think the last couple of vids from the the world cups must have some industry people looking that way.

|

11/28/2020 10:56 PM

|

11/28/2020 11:12 PM

Photo
|

11/28/2020 11:15 PM

What's this a reference to?

|

11/29/2020 12:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/29/2020 12:22 AM

Primoz wrote:

What's this a reference to?

Someone thinks there funny., except there not man enough to admit it.

|

11/29/2020 1:14 AM

While the rumors here are mostly focused on the gravity scene, here are some from XCO:
Kerschbaumer and Sarou to Specialized
Luca Braidot and Marotte to Santa Cruz, apparently new XC bike is also in the works
Ferand-Prevot to Absalon

|

11/29/2020 3:48 PM

Burgtec basically confirming the facts Photo

|

11/30/2020 3:21 AM

You mean "Burgtec basically fuels the rumors" wink

|

11/30/2020 4:13 AM

JoseMPM wrote:

SB14 wrote:

ooh YES!

Shredder....and HOT...😍

|

11/30/2020 9:31 AM

shreda wrote:

You mean "Burgtec basically fuels the rumors" wink

Burgtec really has the Remedy for our offseason blues...

|

11/30/2020 10:25 AM

iceman2058 wrote:

Nukeproof are pleased to welcome to the team, Rhonda Valley pinner Cai Grocott. Cai Joins Nukeproof’s program to represent Nukeproof at as many races as the 2021 season allows in the UK.

Photo

Working 9-5 is a way to make a living, but the dream is for the weekend (or evening). Beyond the fact that he backflips a road bike in skate parks, surfs South Wales scree slopes and is a rapid pilot of a bike, his dedication and commitment to his riding is infectious and makes him stand out. It’s clear to see that he’s been training with Rhonda valley MTB legend; Leon Rosser. Cai is aiming to race UK & Welsh enduro races and get back to his 2017/ 18 form where he topped the podiums at numerous races. Cai has overcome some personal challenges in the past few years - find out more here:

Now he's ready to go for 2021 and get back between the tapes to show his promise. Despite the "weird year of 2020" that everyone has been experiencing, Cai is in a good place, keeping his head clear, out riding/ digging and in the gym to keep himself motivated. Cai is fortunate to live on the doorstep of some of the UK’s finest zones with the local trails at Barry Siding trail centre right on his door step. We spent a few days with him on shoot for the new Scout and Reactor back in pre-lockdown 2.0 and he's awesome to have around on a shoot and full of energy! (handy on a bike too). Cai joins the team to race most of the major UK enduro and some downhill races using a Mega 290c, you can follow Cai on his Instagram here @caigrocott to see the wildness he’s building and riding.

Now get a shot of expresso and have a watch below of Cai in action on shoot for the Reactor and Scout, Edit by Laurence Crossman-Emms:

Cai, Great video about mental health and getting help for it. Thanks for putting it out there! Good luck with racing and with your health!!!
Nukeproof get a team back on WC DH! It’s great to see a few people at the WC’s on your bikes but it’d be even better to see them under the same tent and with some team videos. Brayton, Edmunson, and add Phil “the thrill” Atwil! If he is looking for a sponsor?

|

11/30/2020 2:34 PM

A Brayton/Edmondson/Atwill/Cathro Nukeproof team would be too good.

|

11/30/2020 3:09 PM

anotherbikerguy wrote:

A Brayton/Edmondson/Atwill/Cathro Nukeproof team would be too good.

i guess cathro will stick with santa. it seems like they are a long time sponsor for him. but your suggested team would be really nice

|