2020 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Create New Tag

10/15/2019 7:50 AM

Kade Reece and trek to fmd and trek picks up another North American for the factory team.

|

10/15/2019 11:38 AM

Brian_Peterson wrote:

That would mean Rachel's retirement and Tahnee leaving the family team...not sure if both of those are happening..

oliosky wrote:

Maybe neither of those are happening. Atherton team continues on and FMD pick up a new UK based bike partner?

Brian_Peterson wrote:

Does Atherton bikes have enough money to support a second team? I'm not sure about that...

As a manufacturer Atherton Bikes probably doesn’t have enough cash to support the juniors on their team let alone Rach and Gee, but as a whole, Atherton racing could probably support half the bloody scene! Their marketing worth must be just phenomenal.

|

10/15/2019 12:21 PM

pimpin gimp wrote:

As a manufacturer Atherton Bikes probably doesn’t have enough cash to support the juniors on their team let alone Rach and Gee, but as a whole, Atherton racing could probably support half the bloody scene! Their marketing worth must be just phenomenal.

But, marketing worth doesn't always translate to cash to fund teams...

|

10/15/2019 3:10 PM

Iago Garay off Santa Cruz? Just had an unboxing of a set of industry nine wheels on his insta stories. Thought all SC riders were on reserve wheels. Had something the other day about "enjoying having been on the same as Mark Scott" ??????

|

10/16/2019 12:59 AM

Mike_Scubadog wrote:

Iago Garay off Santa Cruz? Just had an unboxing of a set of industry nine wheels on his insta stories. Thought all SC riders were on reserve wheels. Had something the other day about "enjoying having been on the same as Mark Scott" ??????

His results havent been as good this year on the new Megatower?

|

10/16/2019 3:15 AM

Johannes von Klebelsberg to mondraker again I’ve heard

|

10/16/2019 6:08 AM

brash wrote:

you heard or you saw his IG story and are just blindly throwing out that he's going to Mondraker...

|

10/16/2019 1:39 PM

brash wrote:

ctbiker888 wrote:

you heard or you saw his IG story and are just blindly throwing out that he's going to Mondraker...

Slightly better source than that

I got some more moves and shakes, but respect the friendship with this particular person to divulge more, Sorry. Come Jan 1st you may hear more once the hangovers clear.

|

10/16/2019 5:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/16/2019 5:27 PM

ctbiker888 wrote:

Guys like Brash are exactly the kind of people that everyone wants on here. Be a little nicer, buy him a beer or two and he might start talking.

|

10/18/2019 1:46 AM

Eddie Masters mechanic holding a none Pivot frame. Could be him off the team, hes been going well on enduro so maybe full time and no downhill?

|

10/18/2019 3:27 AM

Isn't that a Forbidden? And isn't that NOT Eddie Masters???

|

10/18/2019 3:34 AM

Maxipedia wrote:

Isn't that a Forbidden? And isn't that NOT Eddie Masters???

It is and its not.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3vyZ3gHd9T/

|

10/18/2019 3:58 AM

Ooops, I did not see the reference was to Eddie's mechanic. Sorry, my bad!

|

10/18/2019 4:47 AM

Duke Raule wrote:

Eddie Masters mechanic holding a none Pivot frame. Could be him off the team, hes been going well on enduro so maybe full time and no downhill?

That looks to be a repost from the shop Kurt works for. If you click on the @bikeaholicnz photo, you will get to a post that is advertising the new Forbidden Druid frame.

|

Snoopin around lookin for the best trails and sketchiest lines

10/18/2019 7:31 AM

Athertons on Merida.

o wait, that's last years.

|

10/19/2019 9:46 AM

|

10/19/2019 9:51 AM

Holy crap! That might be bigger news than any team/rider switching news. He IS fox Shox racing! Really interested in what he will be doing now.

|

10/19/2019 12:13 PM

sspomer wrote:

Mark Fitzsimmons leaves FOX suspension after 18 years.

Listen to his Inside Line podcast here

Zuestman wrote:

Holy crap! That might be bigger news than any team/rider switching news. He IS fox Shox racing! Really interested in what he will be doing now.

Probably going to work for Giant

|

10/19/2019 10:33 PM

sspomer wrote:

Mark Fitzsimmons leaves FOX suspension after 18 years.

Listen to his Inside Line podcast here

Zuestman wrote:

jcook wrote:

Probably going to work for Giant

A new quest to crest

|

10/20/2019 5:05 AM

Everyone listening intently except one haha

|

10/20/2019 6:03 AM

bulletbass man wrote:

Nina has earned a factory ride from Santa Cruz even if they think she’s a little ways out from being officially apart of the syndicate. Caribou has gone big this year in part thanks to scott’s Support. Would be great for sport if more companies would start sponsoring women without them needing to be a race winner

I think it should be mandatory for every team to have at least one female rider

|

10/20/2019 9:35 AM

bulletbass man wrote:

Nina has earned a factory ride from Santa Cruz even if they think she’s a little ways out from being officially apart of the syndicate. Caribou has gone big this year in part thanks to scott’s Support. Would be great for sport if more companies would start sponsoring women without them needing to be a race winner

Sonofbovril2 wrote:

Mandatory? really?

|

10/20/2019 9:56 AM

bulletbass man wrote:

Sonofbovril2 wrote:

Stiksandstones wrote:

Mandatory? really?

Sonofbovril was posing a suggestion. You seem shocked. care to explain/mansplain why you make it sound like it's a problem a multibillion dollar industry cannot resolve?

|

10/20/2019 12:26 PM

MPH24 wrote:

I think one of the more interesting things will be if there are any teams that switch to Ohlins... Loic and Finn's suspension looked pretty damn good compared to everyone else.

I was hoping DVO would do the same for Giant that Ohlins did for Spez, maybe they just picked the wrong team... would make more sense for them to go with Intense considering where they are based

|

10/20/2019 12:41 PM

Superj07 wrote:

In Troy Brosnans latest post he is wearing TLD attire and pads. I think he was on Dainese last season so maybe a sponsor shuffle up for canyon factory?

bizutch wrote:

I can dig up tons of pros riding in TLD moto gear too. Pro DH guys run what they have in the closet for moto and Dainese doesn't make moto kit.

JamesR_2026 wrote:

Troy did specific social media posts to show off his TLD Adidas kit and has been doing promo stuff with the Australian TLD distributor (Lusty Industries) recently. Safe to call this one confirmed!

Maybe Canyon is letting their riders pick their own clothing sponsors ala syndicate to provide them more paycheck opportunities?

|

10/20/2019 12:45 PM

MPH24 wrote:

I think one of the more interesting things will be if there are any teams that switch to Ohlins... Loic and Finn's suspension looked pretty damn good compared to everyone else.

Sonofbovril2 wrote:

I was hoping DVO would do the same for Giant that Ohlins did for Spez, maybe they just picked the wrong team... would make more sense for them to go with Intense considering where they are based

in 2019 they raced with fox

|

10/20/2019 12:49 PM

Sonofbovril2 wrote:

Stiksandstones wrote:

Mandatory? really?

Capricorn wrote:

Sonofbovril was posing a suggestion. You seem shocked. care to explain/mansplain why you make it sound like it's a problem a multibillion dollar industry cannot resolve?

why the hell should it be mandatory?
if it would be coll to see more girls race? yes, but it never should be mandatory for a team to have a girl as it is not for any other class.
there simply aren't as many girls interested in racing/riding as there is guys, nor is the field as competitive, percentage wise the 1 to 10 girl time diference in a wc is equal to 1 to 60 guy

|

10/20/2019 12:51 PM

Sonofbovril2 wrote:

Stiksandstones wrote:

Mandatory? really?

Capricorn wrote:

A question uses a question mark. His sentence lacks that, so it is a statement.

|

10/20/2019 12:56 PM

Sonofbovril2 wrote:

Stiksandstones wrote:

Mandatory? really?

Capricorn wrote:

Well he wasn’t, was he, he made a statement. Why should it be mandatory? As soon as you force equality for numbers sake it stops meaning equality and turns into tokenism. The best riders will get deals, there isn’t an infinite pot of cash for these teams so they have to choose what makes their system more marketable and that’s more likely to be a guy 10-15 seconds back than a woman 1-2 mins back on the leader, because by the time “every team” has to pick a female from the pretty small pot what’s left will be crap.

Let the sport grow, women’s DH has absolutely skyrocketed in the last few years. I’m honest enough to admit I never watched it a few years ago, it was an embarrassing sideshow, now it’s a great title chase with some really stylish riders. Let more female riders be inspired by the current crop of stars and the whole series will grow from that.

|

10/20/2019 1:03 PM

Stiksandstones wrote:

Mandatory? really?

Capricorn wrote:

tmano2 wrote:

why the hell should it be mandatory?
if it would be coll to see more girls race? yes, but it never should be mandatory for a team to have a girl as it is not for any other class.
there simply aren't as many girls interested in racing/riding as there is guys, nor is the field as competitive, percentage wise the 1 to 10 girl time diference in a wc is equal to 1 to 60 guy

Could it, maybe, POSSIBLY, be because they are not paid enough to be able to do it full time instead of having a day job at the side? And that the competition and paychecks aren't that good because there is such a small field? And that there are also not more because of all of that, since it doesn't make sense to try and make it when there are so few places available to make it?

Is it possible that this is a catch-22 of sorts (can't have one without the other and vice versa)? Is it possible a mandatory girl on each trade team would improve this by giving at least... top 10 or 15 girls a factory ride (because everybody would want the best option to race for them)?

Yeah, it puts pressure on the teams. Yeah, girls aren't as marketable as guys are, racing wise. Honestly, racing might not be the best marketing thing as well. But nevertheless, regardless of the solution (no, mandatory girl quotas probably aren't the best solution), something probably should be done to improve the number and quality of girls racing.

|